1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Scott Sinclair!

Discussion in 'Ex Players' started by TicFan88, Aug 6, 2016.

Discuss Scott Sinclair! in the Ex Players area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

his debut goal was the best for me.

2. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

SCOTT Sinclair took another step towards equalling Jimmy McGrory’s record of scoring in consecutive opening league matches for Celtic when he netted a penalty in the 6-1 victory over Kilmarnock.
    The record has stood since the 1935/36 season when McGrory netted in Celtic’s opening eight league games – scoring 15 goals in the process.
    After Saturday’s goal against Killie, Sinclair is now six for six, and will be aiming to hit the target at Dens Park next weekend to make it a magnificent seven.
    And he was keen to thank his team-mate, Leigh Griffiths, who, having won a penalty after 72 minutes, handed the ball to Sinclair to convert rather than taking it himself.
    Speaking after the game, which saw Brendan Rodgers’ side produce a sparkling performance, Sinclair said: “Every time I step out on the pitch I’m looking to create and score goals, but the most important thing is that we won the game.
    “It was great from Griff and it just goes to show the togetherness in the team. He was on the penalties, but he gave it to me to make it six in six, so I want to thank him and that just shows the good team spirit we’ve got here.
    “I’m always looking to create goals and score, help the team win and do my job. It’s great I’ve got the six in six and now it’s on to the next game.”
    Celtic dominated proceedings from kick-off but were left stunned just after the half-hour mark when Souleyman Coulibaly produced a 40-yard wonder-strike to put the visitors ahead.
    However, that only served to drive the Hoops on, and two goals from Moussa Dembele gave the home side a 2-1 half-time lead.
    After the break, the Premiership leaders continued to dominate, and as well as Sinclair’s penalty, there were goals from James Forrest, Leigh Griffiths and Tom Rogic, while Kieran Tierney delivered another Man of the Match performance.
    “We keep creating all these chances going forward and attacking, while defensively I thought we were great,” said Sinclair. “Obviously Kilmarnock scored a wonder goal but that’s all they really had in the game.”
    However, before Sinclair can go looking for his seventh consecutive league goal in as many games, he and his team-mates will return to UEFA Champions League action when they face Manchester City at Celtic Park this Wednesday night.
    It will be a very tough test against a City side which has won its opening six league games, but the Hoops go into the match full of confidence after the weekend result. And Sinclair is looking forward to facing his former club and meeting up with a few old friends.
    “It’s going to be a tough game,” he said. “Everyone knows that, but with us having all our fans behind us, it’ll be a real good edge, so we just need to have that belief and go out there and give it 100 per cent.
    “It’ll be great to see some old friends but for me it’s just another game. I just go out there and do what I can and give it my best.
    “I don’t have anything to prove. It’s great for me that I’m enjoying my football now and I’m playing with a smile on my face and I’ll just go out and enjoy it on Wednesday.”

3. Jeannie960 Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Daizen Maeda
    Great attitude this wee guy :celt_2:

4. nudge1086 Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henke,Lubo,Petrov,lambo,Hooper,Kayal
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Walk On
    Shows great team spirit like Sinclair mentioned for Griffith's to give him the pen:50:

5. MacEwan Himmy Butler Gold Member

Thought he was good tonight, they were scared of him and he's a constant danger in behind.

6. ourdaywillcome! Gold Member Gold Member

Done well whenever he had the ball. Made the second goal with his run.

Can just tell he's 'Premier League class', as are others, but specifically, he is.

7. Marty McFly Whoa, this is heavy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    Does he ever break sweat? :smiley-laughing002:

Pleased with his performance tonight, positioning was good defensively and posed a threat, as above, great run for Tierney's* goal

8. Metrobhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo, Naka and Koki
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA
    His fitness levels are superb. Great signing.

9. ChrisMoh

Fav Celtic Player:
    Samaras
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA
    Constantly running at that man city defense.:50:

10. Officer Doofy Come to me, human man Gold Member

Had their defence's number, in the first half in particular. Great wee player.

11. Mr Shelby Moderator Moderator Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson. Forever and always.
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Symphony
    Had concerns over him when we were first linked, * knows why.

Really consistent worker for the side and a very down to earth guy off the field. Not what I expected.

Fast becoming my favourite player.

12. ArminCeltic

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Brown
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Willy Maley
    I doubted his commitment and professionalism.How wrong was I ,eh?
    Great team player.

13. The Prof Administrator Administrator

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jinky
    Immense contribution so far.

14. Bratfurdbhoy1

He can defend as well- must have been that year at Villa that taught him this !

15. Samurai Bhoy

His work rate is phenomenal.
    Any impressions that he was here for an easy wage are well and truly out the window now. Fantastic signing!

16. Saul Goodman Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Brown
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    This. He's so much better than I expected him to be but that was out of ignorance more than anything.

17. Deco67

Outstanding. Such a brilliant player, and very dignified etc in his interviews.

18. pete0301

Is it just me that thinks he is a bit dull? He answers different questions from what the interviewer asks half the time. Don't get me wrong I love the guy, but he doesn't seem all that switched on in front of a microphone.

19. Scullybhoy Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Easy Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA
    This :50: All of my favourite players have been great orators, tremendous stand up comedians, on a par with Ronnie * Corbett for story telling and reasonably good at kicking a fitba

20. hakumeikirameki

Fav Celtic Player:
    Ever: The King; Now: Leigh Griffiths
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields of Athenry
    Football players only need two phrases: "At the end of the day," and, "Sick as a parrot."