1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Huns v. Newcastle

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by Celtic Mad, Jul 31, 2004.

Discuss Huns v. Newcastle in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Celtic Mad Administrator Administrator

Anyone else watching it on Sky Sports? Newcastle given a penalty through Dickson! Shearer smacked it, 1-0 to Newcastle. Although the huns have got a decent enough turnout at St. James Park, they have 11,500 or something. We'd double that no problem if Celtic were in the tournament!! :icon_mrgr

2. Celtic Mad Administrator Administrator

2-0 now! Bellamy scored Newcastles second goal. They'll probably get hammered now, *!!

3. Celtic Mad Administrator Administrator

3-0! *!! What a strike from Bernard!

4. BTG

Fav Celtic Player:
    McGeady, Maloney, Browny
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA
    Ended 4-2, cant believe Prickson actually scored! Anyway, its not exactly an amazing turnout when you consider that Newcastle isnt that far away from Glasgow. We had 10,000 come all the way down to London when we played Fulham! Anyway, looking forward to our match against Roma tonight now, come on celtic.

5. Celtic Mad Administrator Administrator

Was a good enough game as well! Loved when Dyer scored the last goal to rub it in them huns faces!! cant wait till tonight either. You got CTV now mate?

6. Dubsbhoy Banned!

wonder if the daily ranger will read "rangers in crises" in the morning, of course not, can't see anything in that hun side to be afraid of altough i have to admit novo played well but there still well behind us in terms of quality players.

7. BTG

Fav Celtic Player:
    McGeady, Maloney, Browny
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA
    Agreed Dubs, Andrews looked * and although for me the only players who played well were Boumsong & Novo I dont think they'll win the league. Yeah CM, i've had it since the united game, cant wait. Do you know if Camara has been flown out or is he waiting back in Glasgow?

8. Mark

Before seeing this match I thought Rangers were ahead of us in the terms of who has the potential to win the League this season.

Now though, I think we have nothing to fear. Of course, this is the only match I've seen so far with the huns. We'll see...

9. Celtic Mad Administrator Administrator

I don't know mate, I really hope he has been flown out. Want to see what hes like for us! Guess we'll just have to wait till Ally gives us the teamsheet.

10. Celtic Mad Administrator Administrator

I was just having a wee scan on a huns board and found a toon supporter saying this:

lol...

after we beat *Rivals* on wednesday with still only an average team out i think we can safely say we would probs finish 1st in the SPL...

-----------------------------

He speaks too soon! lol. I think we should beat Newcastle if we play to the best of our ability!

I think Newcastle are a good team but wouldnt rate them above us!

11. Dubsbhoy Banned!

i seeing some toon had posted this on a huns site earlier the last line cracked me up.

Quote:
    Well done for the terrific vocal support. Sadly your team will never match such. Poor in defence and until the second half poor in midfield and lacklustre up front. Your players were up for the game but there was little quality on the day. Alex Rae was past his best at sunderland and he was the better midfielder today. Newcastle will not win the Eufa cup so where does that leave Rangers in Europe? You could do with A Shearer (30 goal a season striker)!

Re: Support. That was the best away (and vocal) support witnessed since I went to games (1970). The official estimate is just over 10,000. Doesn't say much for the old first division (before the premier when games were not all ticket)as no London clubs ever brought more than a few ***dred with the excepton of Chelsea (about 1000-1500). Apart from Sunderland, and occasionally Man U (no more than 3000), no club has come in numbers-surprisingly not Leeds or Liverpool etc except maybe Notts Forest in an FA cup quarter final. Since the Premier League and all ticket, surprisingly WBA has been the most vocal. Man U are good away and Man C at home, but no match for Celtic or Rangers. The pseudo-premier fan has a short memory.

NUFC are not allowed flags and are discouraged from creating an atmosphere by the zealous stewards...sad! No humour or chants but a middle class 'family' club where coca-cola costs £1.70 and you feel depressed if you have a ***gry tum and need a pie as well. No singing end when it used to be all four. Rangers made the noise that the old Galowgate end made and the Leazes in past history. Newcastle can still take 12-14000 fans to Milan and Barcelona. Always sell out away and if not all ticket can take 15000 to a Wimbledon or 10,000 to most other games. You might be surprised that Geordies can make an atmosphere-but only on their travels. Now we know what it is like when we have took over cities and grounds.

If you can behave when coming to England then there might be hope that some day Rangers will be involved in 'British' competitions...you deserve more than what you are getting week in week out...with only Celtic as the competition and a very brief visit in Europe.

Got the 100 bus to the metro centre Gateshead from newcastle and it was full of 'gers fans as were the previous and following ones! Never seen that before...away fans travelling within Newcastle. Passed some hotels with Rangers flags hanging out the hotel windows- all the way to Gateshead, Sat next to a great lad on the bus who was a true Rangers ambassador. Got near home 20 miles away-pulled into the petrol station and there was a car with Rangers fans heading home to Glasgow...kids waving to us etc. That's what football SHOULD be about. Be careful as you might be known as the best and most friendliest supporters in Britain!

12. Celtic Mad Administrator Administrator

*, that last line was a cracker after everything he said.

13. Mark

Celtic fan say they're the best, Rangers fans say they're the best, Newcastle fans say they're the best. Looking at the facts though:

Celtic are the Champs - into CL groups
    Ranges the chumps - CL qualifiers
    Newcastle, er, 5th? - join hearts into the uefa

Let's see who does best in Europe, eh..