1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Sign someone FFS

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by romeo9535, Jul 19, 2016.

Discuss Sign someone FFS in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. ChrisMoh

Fav Celtic Player:
    Samaras
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA
    sure i was reading somewhere its 3 million now for playoff.could be wrong.

2. moravcik1888

Fav Celtic Player:
    Paul McStay
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields of Athenry
    Disappears at times and I'm talking about one that is an automatic pick for the first 11. Rogic drops in and out of the team.

3. Thommo92

Fav Celtic Player:
    Tierney
    We really need a big Wanyama type in midfield, Bitton for a guy of his size isn't strong or aggressive enough at all.

4. pete0301

Was exaggerating slightly for effect but expectations are insane. The fact people are complaining now when we have Rodgers in charge and 3 really quality signings is utterly bizarre. This is the best transfer window I remember since we brought in Robbie Keane and that was just one player on loan.

I would be happy with a keeper or a CM, or both, but without any of them even the most moany of our fans must admit this has been a fantastic window for us.

5. avitar Gold Member Gold Member

maby in terms of big names but lennons first transfer window was a complete peach izzy,ledley,hooper,kayal,forseter

6. pete0301

Fair point. That is 5 cracking signings, 3 taken from us by the PL and the other 2 became great Celtic men, especially Izzy.

7. horseshoe

It's really what we've been missing from the day Wanyama left, nobody in our squad comes close to that physical presence and defensive ability.

We know that if Brown is put in the deep sitting role in midfield he'll work his socks off and will be enough for the spl, but I'd be worried against better teams in europe, we need a proper DM.

Nothing beats a brick shithouse like Wanyama that opposition players just bounce off like a toddler running into a lamppost, we need one asap.

8. Thommo92

Fav Celtic Player:
    Tierney
    Agreed, Brown isn't best in a holding role because he isn't positionally disciplined enough to do it, especially against better teams. We need a big 6ft+ monster with some technical ability as well in there to protect the defence.

9. Sean Daleer Free Palestine Gold Member

We should have enough to get past Beer-Sheva now.

I would be inclined to leave more signings until after the final qualifier, we can attract genuine quality with the promise of CL football.

10. Lecs

100% :50:

Really important we sign as good a defensive central midfielder as we can. Somebody solid who can play a pass a ball well and play at a high tempo.

11. Bhoy Brian

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Brown
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA
    i for one am delighted he said from day one he would only sign players he wanted and would improve the team so as long as it takes is fine by me rather than just sign to appease fans

12. JimMc

except the Facts actually were
    concerned fans were rightly concerned and complaining before Sinclair signed!
    because we have had too many windows come and go and have gone backwards as a squad!

your remarking about supposed 'facts' in hindsight - after Sinclair has signed.

As for Robbie Keane signing window and being excited! - imo the buzz imagined by some Celtic fans then was genuinely bizarre and naive
    speaking as both a Celtic and Ireland fan, I am not making that point in hindsight.
    people who followed both would have known Keane was past his peak!
    and that reality showed at Celtic, delve in to the stats and many of his goals were penalties or tap ins served on a plate.
    He was no Henrik or even Sutton or Hartson for Celtic.
    Keane was a great player in his day - but all that was over a couple of seasons prior to when Celtic had signed him.

Keane was a parody shirt sale signing, that actually highlighted the boards conservative restricted ambitions for Celtic.
    Keane was a short term no brainer for them in terms of strict maths.
    A mentality that has had Celtic go backwards in terms of squad for a few seasons now.

I expect Rodgers has had as much if not more stress convincing this board to sign Sinclair than he has ever experienced.

I don't follow English soccer so can only go on paper and videos of Sinclair which highlight some hopes - speed and skill can not be filmed if not there.
    for example - great player as he once was you will never find a youtube of Robbie
    Keane beating anyone in a plus 10 metre race - Keane was a limited striker but excellent 6 yard box striker!

anyway yes, Rodgers ideas and pedigree does hold out real hope.
    Never any guarantees, but Sinclair is a genuine enlightened and future ambitious driven signing.
    A player with proven pedigree, that is only just turned 27.

I think Sinclair will be a Celtic star.

Not in hindsight but looking at video evidence I thought the same for Hooper and Kayal and Wanyama and Van * and Griffiths.
    Admit I thought the same for efe. (still think he is not given cover and takes more blame than he should - Brown (past it) and bitton expose our back four)

where did the Celtic scouts go these past few windows?

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 7, 2016
  13. Keano88

How's it looking for getting someone in before tonight's deadline then? Any rumours??

14. wulliebad

we are trying to replace griff with tony...tony...watt a miss.

15. Saul Goodman Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Brown
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    I'd be surprised if we did anything today tbh.. You never know though.

16. Murph-E

Sign someone else FFS

17. ticticboom

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henke
  18. Murph-E

Osvaldo and Caceres please.

19. JML67 Gold Member Gold Member

20. wulliebad

Br said he wanted 2 in before monday night...we got break the hearts sinclair so maybe they are working on something else.