1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

[Cross Platform] Pokemon Go

Discussion in 'Computers and Gaming' started by SeanyBhooy, Jul 12, 2016.

Discuss Pokemon Go in the Computers and Gaming area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. R.A.

Every once in a while my game gets kinda frozen, like the screen becomes unresponsive and I have to close the app and re-open it. Does that happen to anyone else? It seems that it only started happening after I changed one of the settings to turn on a battery saving feature.

2. Callum McGregor The Captain Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubomir Moravcik
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    Turn off the battery saving feature.

3. CookieMonster Geez yer cookies Gold Member

Servers are down :54:

4. Fully87

Fav Celtic Player:
    Leigh Griffiths
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    You cant its a watered down Pokemon game for the brain dead horde. Why Nintendo a company thats worth billions has not made or paid someone to make a Pokemon MMO is mind boggling. It would be bigger than World Of Warcraft if done right.

5. Sloany

Servers have been gash today, not been able to get on properly since this morning. Hopefully back up tomorrow.

6. callumrae1967

Fav Celtic Player:
    Kayal
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA
    First weekend of the game though, I think it will get better.

7. Sloany

Hopefully - apparently they have released in another 26 countries in the past day, just going to make it worse!

8. Kyogo Furuhashi Gold Member Gold Member

Am fed up with it already

9. Sloany

its back up but still buggy as *

10. paulmcq1888

Fav Celtic Player:
    mcgeady, donati, boruc
    Fav Celtic Song:
    over and over
    Anyone caught anything good? My best is a hypno cp 409

11. callumrae1967

Fav Celtic Player:
    Kayal
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA
    Best so far is a 687 vaporeon

12. terrasidius Sonic Attack Orchestrator

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo, Lambo, Larsson, Sutton, Nakamura, Rogic, Virgil, Dembele, Turnbull, Jota & Kyogo
    Fav Celtic Song:
    COYBIG, Grace, Celtic Symphony, Orchestrated Sonic Attack
    [ame]http://youtu.be/XeoB1voCit4[/ame]

13. PeeKay Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    My dad is security on one of the piers. He said that there was a group of about 30 people hanging round the pier at 3:30am this morning all staring at their phones :smiley-laughing002:

It's supposedly making $1.6million a day!! You'd think they would sort their servers it's been * all day!

14. Sloany

Just caught Nidoqueen (CP 876) in local park :icon_mrgreen:

15. Intellectually Absurd Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson (obvious choice ehh?)
    Here, anyone know where I can get a good rundown on how it all works?

Just started it the night - level 6 but catching pure keek. Caught Hypno, PidgeonAir, Bulbasaur, Poliwag (all highest rated - pretty guff though) and what not. oing to be going up to Glasgow tomorrow so I'll get better stuff up there.

Not sure how the evolving works and how to pay. And do you run out of space to keep the animals, will I have to get rid of some and how do battles work?:56:

Loved it as a waen but this is complex now man.

16. Sloany

Some of the ones you mentioned are actually alright when you catch them with a decent CP (Combat Power). The higher you rank, the higher CP the pokemon will have, but they then become more difficult to catch. Eventually you get fruit to feed them before firing off balls, and you also get better type balls as you progress.

City Center is the best place to find pokestops and pokemon, the game is built on Ingress technology and they have used the same locations as that game. Ingress was built on cellular data usage and that makes the town the best place to play (place is flooded with folk playing it at the moment - especially at the water - trying to catch Magicarp to evolve it).

You evolve your pokemon by feeding it candy, you get 3 candies everytime you catch one and then 1 candy when you send it to the professor to shred it, most decent pokemon require 50 candies to evolve, some of the lessor ones are between 10 & 25 and the best is 400 (from what I have seen).

You can also get decent pokemon from hatching eggs, you get 1 an incubation chamber as standard and another few with limited uses as you level up. You get eggs at pokestops ranging from 2-10km and you need to walk this distance to hatch them, needless to say 10km eggs get you better fully evolved pokemon.

You have limited space (250 items) for your pokeballs, revives and potions etc (which you need for battles when you go to gyms and fight other pokemon). You can increase this by earning coins (pokemon battles at gyms - but this would take forever - you can also buy coins, this is where the money will be made).

Similar to items, you can only hold 250 pokemon at any one time, i find that's plenty though as long as you regularly shred the ones you aren't using for candy and evolve.

You get Lucky eggs which give you double xp for 30 minutes (you get one every few level ups). Use these when you are evolving to maximise double xp.

Gyms are tiered (level's 1-4) and depending on the level you can have 1 or more pokemon inside. You picked a colour at level 5, if you come across a gym which is the same colour, you can train there, if you come across one which is owned by another colour, you can battle them to try and win the gym. This is where you have an advantage (even with lesser CP pokemon) as you get to pick 6 fighters, regardless of how many pokemon they have in they gym, then you can claim it for your team and put your own pokemon in it. If it has 3 pokemon it in, you will need to fight 3, then 2, then 1 to claim it. You just revive your fainted pokemon after each level.

Takes a bit of getting used to, but it is awesome when you get right into it.

Let me know if you have any more questions m8 :50:

17. paulmcq1888

Fav Celtic Player:
    mcgeady, donati, boruc
    Fav Celtic Song:
    over and over
    That mustve been hard work i tan into a 4p0 odd pidgeot and wasted 30 odd pokeballs trying to get it:56

18. Sloany

Think it was 6 blue balls and fruit. Have since caught a 912 Blastoise (3 ultra balls) and a 981 Dragonair (15 Ultraballs and fruit) didn't even realise at the time that the Dragonair wasn't the final stage, so when I get enough dratini, he will evolve into a decent Dragonite :icon_mrgreen:

19. honda Gold Member Gold Member

I caught a 16cp fearow... get it up ye :56:

20. Sloany

:56: