1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

[Official TC Thread] Olimpija Ljubljana v. Celtic, Wed 6 Jul, 18:00ko, Celtic TV

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by Marty McFly, Jul 4, 2016.

Discuss Olimpija Ljubljana v. Celtic, Wed 6 Jul, 18:00ko, Celtic TV in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Mr Shelby Moderator Moderator Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson. Forever and always.
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Symphony
    Janko wasn't great but he wasn't horrendous by any means. Still showed he is strong, fast and always willing to run. Defensively he isn't as bad as folk make out either, was sold short a couple of times by Ambrose, IMO.

I'd say Johansen was poorer. Again.

2. Eddie Murphy

Overall it was alright, quite a workman like performance. Its half team looked in control - Dembele looks very strong and he and Griff linked up quite well. Didn't look all that dynamic with Henderson, Brown and Johnsen. Hendon tried, Brown too, Johansen just didn't quite amount to much. Button looked better. More effective in possession and aggressive in defence. I definitely think McGregor has to be in the first team - he looks miles ahead of Johansen, and even Brown. Allan, Christie and Rogic all looked dangerous, though Rogic looked a wee bit off the pace. Christie keeps getting into really good goalscoring positions - a bit of work on finishing/composure would make him a very effective player.

Griff showing again how deadly he is, two superb goals. Only wish we'd scored one of the numerous other chances from good team play, rather than his two wonder strikes, just to show we're not still reliant purely on him. Keen to see how he does coming in off the right, playing in and around Dembele - didn't see that coming but certainly seems like there could be something in that.

So although we didn't set the heather on fire, it was against the Champions of the Slovenian league, who are at the end of their preseason and are in the same CL qualifying round as us. In that light, it was a solid away win that we never really looked like losing.

3. Nowhereman

I thought Brown showed signs of the old Brown. He wasn't exceptional but he was willing to play rough in the midfield. We've missed that.

4. wanyama1967

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson/Victor Wanyama
    Stamping on opponents needlessly, need more of that so we do.:rolleyes:

5. wanyama1967

Fav Celtic Player:
    Agree with pretty much all of that tbh. Sums it up well.

6. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    For those who are in love.....
    I wish he'd stamp on you..

7. JC Anton Get yer, hats, scarfs badges & tapes

Thought he had a good game too and there doesn't seem to be an issue with his fitness..

8. wanyama1967

Fav Celtic Player:
    Couldn't stamp a letter.

Btw, how can you condone that behaviour from the captain, does that in Europe(And he has previous against Karagandy and Juventus) and it gets spotted it's a red card, how can you turn a blind eye to that? That's a liability to the team no matter how you spin it or ignore it.

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 6, 2016
  9. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    For those who are in love.....
    I wish he kicked Neymar's * in. I wish he kicked Pirlo's * in. I wish he kicked...... You get the jist :50:

10. Conlon

Fav Celtic Player:
    Past - Henrik .... Present - Who knows
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let The People Sing... among others
    Wanyama1967 has to be a hun trying to stir * up, barely anything decent to say about anything to do with celtic EVER

11. wanyama1967

Fav Celtic Player:
    Well that's a heap of *, what are you on about? I've praised plenty players on here. Am I lying about Brown stamping on a player during that friendly, have I made it up? The majority of Celtic players I'm a big fan of, it's just the players whom I don't rate too highly seem to be constant starters.

You're going to make me do this, but players I like and rate at Celtic and look forward to watching this season are.....

Bitton,
    Roberts,
    Tierney,
    Izaguirre,
    Commons,
    Sviatchenko,
    Lustig,
    Dembele,
    Griffiths (Domestically),
    Christie,
    Allan,
    McGregor,
    Ajer,
    Rogic,
    Janko.

Players whom I'm unsure of....

Forrest (Undecided either way, got quality there but inconsistent and too often poor end product at times),
    Simunovic (Need to see more of),
    Bailly (Need to see more of),
    Fasan (Not seen enough of),
    Gordon (Not his biggest fan, needs to get back to first season first 6 months form),
    Ambrose (Can be reliable majority of the time, but always has that lapse of concentration round the corner, think time may be up)
    Fisher (Need to see more of)
    Ciftci (Wasn't a fan, but so far pre season tells me he may have something to offer as a squad player)
    Ralston (Need to see more of)
    Nesbitt (Need to see more of)
    Armstrong (Has shown glimpses of quality, I don't think he has the mentality to play here though and not consistent enough, would be interested to see him in CM)
    Henderson (Need to see more of but I'm not very impressed)
    O'Connell (Need to see more of)

Players I don't rate and would like to see move on....

GMS (Too inconsistent, not got the mentality to play here and don't rate him highly)
    Boyata (The true definition of bombscare, can't even be trusted against your Hamiltons/Inverness's, passing diabolical)
    Johansen (Never rated him highly, poor passing, poor tackling and looks to not want to be here)
    Brown (Have never rated him really, he's defo finished for me, poor passing, rash tackling, needless stamps, no creativity or scoring ability)

That is my general assessment of the squad, hardly negative, what's that, only four definites who I know I'd punt asap if possible, oh and look, all four of those I'd bin started against Sevco last season, what a coincidence and two of them started in our latest game.

So most of the squad I'm either very happy with or unsure of, you're reading my posts wrong and getting the wrong impression. Hope that's cleared up my thoughts and satisfied you.

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 7, 2016
  12. pete0301

Scott Brown has been sent off 5 times in over 400 games:

http://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/scott-brown/leistungsdaten/spieler/12688

Compared to the man your username is named after who has a whopping 7 from 240 games:

http://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/victor-wanyama/leistungsdaten/spieler/77760

#facts

13. wanyama1967

Fav Celtic Player:
    Yes, but he has got away with shitload as well. Hearts at home last year two footer off the ground and Karagandy stamp are two straight away. Obv plenty more. Anyway, it's more down to his footballing ability or lack of why he shouldn't be playing imo rather than his disciplinary record.

14. kevski82

In fairness, look at the *, you'd want to stamp on him too

[​IMG]

15. pete0301

You spent a lot of this thread lambasting him over discipline so I felt it was important to point out. If he commonly gets away with red card challenges then that means he is canny and knows how to or that everyone else does too. Luck evens out in the long run so I'm not buying that he has been lucky for 400 games.

16. Pablo87 Gold Member Gold Member

In other word you were proven wrong and dont want to talk about it anymore :87: