1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

[No Link] Scott Sinclair

Discussion in 'Transfer Rumours' started by GreenLeanMean, May 24, 2016.

Discuss Scott Sinclair in the Transfer Rumours area at TalkCeltic.net.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sean Daleer Free Palestine Gold Member

We dont have room for someone who is in the right place to have "10 chances a game" and scores 40 goals a season?

Is this debate actually happening?

2. Captain Brown Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson
    I never watched the videos, I don't have too. He's proven he can score (and miss obviously) on any stage he's been on for us. Writing him off is stupid. Especially in a thread about another player people are happy to see take our top goalscorer's place... Without actually seeing him play for us. It's * ridiculous tbh.

3. Mr Shelby Moderator Moderator Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson. Forever and always.
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Symphony
    I'm not even his biggest trumpet blower on here but I'm just speaking the truth.

To want him dropped or anything like that right now would be madness. Until Dembele or someone else comes in and proves they can score as regularly as Griffiths, he will be in the side. In terms of the European side of things I think he could easily still contribute. He's not a Suarez or Ronaldo who can create a chance for himself and win games single handedly, of course not.

Long term I think we'd all love a champions league quality striker as has been dreamt about for so many years now. As of this moment though, we don't have one. Dembele could be one, he might not.

Lets just wait and see. What I would put money on is Griffiths playing a huge part in any success we have this season. Again.

4. boondock

Of course there's room for him, he's been our best striker since Hooper. I'm not saying he should be punted, but he may find himself warming the bench this season if Dembele is as good as anticipated and/or if we buy another striker who's of higher quality.. which shouldn't be too hard if John Park gets his act together.

5. wanyama1967

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson/Victor Wanyama
    Scott Sinclair isn't a striker and I would never expect him to be the main man to be relied upon in Europe for us even if he does sign, we need another striker on top of Dembele and Griffiths imo and hopefully he'll be the man.

In saying that, Scott Sinclair has scored against some decent clubs in the past including AC Milan, Spurs, Arsenal and Chelsea so I'd have more faith in him than Griffiths to finish a chance in Europe.

6. Captain Brown Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson
    Without seeing him play for us? What did he do last season?

Griffiths hasn't played much in Europe with us. I'd expect him to be better this year. He's still scored though, so anyone saying he can't/won't do it is talking *.

7. Sean Daleer Free Palestine Gold Member

40 goals.

40 * goals!

Some people need to get it out their heads that we are somehow better then they think we are.

We are not an EPL team.

Griffiths will start the season as our main striker and rightly so. It's up to others to take his place.

8. boondock

He scored 1 goal out of 5 games in the group stage last season, a tap in
    might I add which funnily enough was a rebound from a sitter that he missed in the first place :52:

You're deluded my friend

9. Captain Brown Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson
    Deluded? Questioning a 40 goal in 1 season striker is deluded. Playing opposition that's set up differently to what he was used to won't help. A manager with not much experience in Europe won't help either.

10. wanyama1967

Fav Celtic Player:
    Be honest with yourself what kind of impact do you think Griffiths would have in the EPL for a relegation fighting side, especially one as bad as Villa was last season? Why aren't teams impressed with his goal haul down south and launching bids for him? Why did Wolves when they were in the championship not trust him enough to lead the line and instead loaned him out to Hibs?

Griffiths has been given ample opportunity in Europe and in the main failed to deliver when opportunities have came his way. You said you didn't want to watch the vids I posted, you seem like you're in denial and can't admit he's not good enough in Europe.

You need composure and coolness to perform at that level in front of goal and in front of full houses. Griffiths has none of that and snatches at opportunities hence having a poor strike rate at that level.

Very, very good back up striker to have, a number one Celtic striker for years to come? Not for me.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 29, 2016
  11. Hope N Ur Heart

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jimmy Johnstone followed closely by Henrik
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Them all!!
    It's not about relying on one player! BR is building a team/squad and various systems to play within...something that RD couldn't do.
    Players will need to compliment each other's styles...we need goal threats from all areas rather than relying on Griff.

12. Liam Scales Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony, YNWA, Grace
    I always find it very strange people judging our players on some sort of English barometer.

13. wanyama1967

Fav Celtic Player:
    Adam Rooney got 28 goals in all comps for Aberdeen a far inferior side to us the season before last in an injury plagued season how highly do you rate him?

14. Captain Brown Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson
    I think Griffiths got 30 for Hibs one season....

15. wanyama1967

Fav Celtic Player:
    When you see guys like Adam Rooney, Michael Higdon, Billy Mckay, Miles Storey, Kane Hemmings who canny kick their own arses in England but come up here and look like world beaters then that's why. The standard is dreadful up here and that shows why lets not sugar coat it.

16. CalgaryBhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Tha Thumb
    I like Rooney tbh. Would rather we signed him than Ciftci. We can obviously do better than both, but I think he'd do well here in my opinion. Thats not me saying we should go for him but their are far worse options than a strong centre forward with OK pace and a great record against SPL teams.

17. Captain Brown Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson
    So who does get pass marks in Europe last year for you? I'm thinking you'll say Bitton, who downed tools in the league.

Judging our team on something where there's obviously been problems behind the scenes is what I'd expect someone to do looking for excuses to put the boot into whatever suits their agenda.

18. Sean Daleer Free Palestine Gold Member

Did any of them score close to 40 goals in a season?

Did Higdon not go to Holland and tear it up as well?

19. doctor venglos

Same sort of arguments being used here against Griffiths that were used against Stokes, utterly depressing, connived and disingenuous to a great extent

40 goal striker and some are already carping against the Griff.Comon you are trying to pull our chain. Griffiths will be our No.1 striker and well earned too.Any pretenders to the throne will have to prove themselves.

Poor Griff, being set up as the next Stokes.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 29, 2016
  20. JC Anton Get yer, hats, scarfs badges & tapes

Well said Doc..:50:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.