1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

"I'm a paedophile, not a monster"

Discussion in 'TalkCeltic Pub' started by This Charming Man, May 21, 2016.

Discuss "I'm a paedophile, not a monster" in the TalkCeltic Pub area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Tim-Time 1888 Always look on the bright side of Life Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Enrico Annoni
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Hail Hail
    Not sure mate but it would certainly reduce the re-offending levels .. :86:

2. Liam Scales Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony, YNWA, Grace
    Aye, that is true. I'm just thinking it's not exactly worked for the Americans.

I've not done enough research on it to know for sure, this is a topic that's got bloodlust behind it and rightly so but at the end of the day you want to know the proper ways to actually resolve the problem and work towards your end goal, which is protecting children from predators.

Satisfying your own bloodlust may or may not do that, it should never be what is behind the thinking when trying to resolve these sort of problems. Talking about Government policy etc here.

I know on a personal level I wouldn't blink an eye at these scumbags being taken out for good though.

3. PaulM1888 Moderator Moderator Gold Member

I contradict myself slightly because I'm against Capital Punishment in basic terms as humans can't be trusted to always get things correct. And if one person were ever to lose their life incorrectly it's one too many.

Me saying paedos should be culled is just me getting across that they are a cancer on society that needs removed. By whatever means required.

4. Liam Scales Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony, YNWA, Grace
    Can't disagree with that

5. Sean Daleer Free Palestine Gold Member

What though? They have horrendous re-offending records. They get paltry sentences and are then housed anonymously next to * schools and play parks.

I honestly can empathise more with a murderer than I can with someone who would do that a child.

The guy I was talking about abused 7 kids. 7 kids!

Got 7 years!!

Utterly * ridiculous the sentences they get.

They should be locked away for the rest of their unnatural life in as much pain as is humanly possible.

6. This Charming Man

7 years for 7 lives ruined, that's a * joke.

7. Sean Daleer Free Palestine Gold Member

It's * sickening.

He got out, was given a new identity and housed somewhere in Scotland.

Probably already re offended with his new life.

Maybe even with the life after that after his second * sentence and move to a new town to terrorise.

8. This Charming Man

Just seen this online:

Which means that 52% (minimum) of paedophiles who offend and are caught, reoffend again and are caught again. It's hard to say how many reoffend again and get away with it.

I also seen online that 1000s of paedophiles in the UK reoffend whilst they're being monitored by police. It's not an easy topic to talk about, at all.

9. Sean Daleer Free Palestine Gold Member

I'm of the belief that you cannot rehabilitate a paedophile, if that is the way you are then there is no changing that. The evidence certainly points that way.

I'm also not sure it's a disease either, more a cold calculated despicable crime committed by smart predators who prey on peoples emotions, get close to families in order to take advantage.

That nonce in that video was trying to justify it saying he "loved her" and "would never harm her" but that is the very thing they use to justify their behaviour, 'I love her, how is this wrong' type of thing.

They should be locked up for life, meaning life. At the very least.

10. mygirlmaria

Fav Celtic Player:
    Kenny Dalglish
    Fav Celtic Song:
    you'll never walk alone
    I dont know what should be done, but as ive pointed out, a * of a lot of them were themselves victims of predation. Also, a * of a lot of them do it to their own kids, which completely * up everything, as many of their victims are confused as to how to deal with that.

Its a very disturbing topic, but it is one that should be discussed. Maybe better minds than ours could come up with a few ideas.

Having just wikied castration, it does appear that it greatly affects sexual desire or urges, (although im sure a few crackpots beyond help would still defy the logic)so i would like to see a programme whereby those who wish, can have it done without that knowledge being made public, if it was voluntary.
    I would also like to offer those convicted, some sort of lesser sentence (granted they are too light as it is)for accepting castration, in line with their parole etc.

Other than that, i cant think of much, but i do know horse and dogs are castrated and happily live a * free life, and generally benefit healthwise from it, so maybe promoting the benefits of castration would take x amount of these men out of the equation.......better than nothing surely?

11. The Prof Administrator Administrator

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jinky

There is no question that many go to great lengths to get into a position that will enable them to abuse, Doctors, teachers, police etc.........

Also family men with kids of their own, portraying a certain image, upstanding pillars of the community, a far cry from the loner image.

12. Sean Daleer Free Palestine Gold Member

It's not a subject I've studied recently but the vast vast majority of cases 20 years ago were close members of family or friends, very rarely are kids being grabbed off the street.

13. Dáibhí

I agree that those paedophiles who cross the line and act out on their urges should be dealt with in a far more harsh manner than they are.

Longer sentences should be the norm, even if I disagree with your views on torturing them as much as possible. That's pretty disturbing to be honest.

It's not a disease, it's a sexual preference.

There are loads of paedophiles who go through their lives never offending, and who simply try to cope with their preferences as best they can within the law.

I think it's a bit disturbing that we have people who talk of doing away with those who haven't even broken any laws simply because of how they are. That's a dangerous road to go down.

14. Sean Daleer Free Palestine Gold Member

I probably meant more hardship than pain, I certainly never used the word torture.

None of this special unit, playstations and home comforts *.

However it's the one crime that I wouldn't bat an eyelid if it was a capital offence.

15. PaulM1888 Moderator Moderator Gold Member

Are we seriously having folk passing off a psychiatric disorder as a 'sexual preference'?

I think some people sitting behind their PC's with no real life experience of the subject matter need a swift reality check.

16. Dáibhí

Do you believe they should be treated more harshly in prison than other prisoners? For example, a guy who kills a young mother? Should he have a Playstation and home comforts?

Or should we go down the route of all prisoners being treated like *?

The reason I ask is that I'm fairly certain you were a supporter of the Norwegian model of rehabilitation and humane treatment of prisoners when it was discussed on this forum before?