1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Brendan Fraudgers!

Discussion in 'World Football' started by Mr. Slippyfist, May 20, 2016.

Discuss Brendan Fraudgers! in the World Football area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Mr Shelby Moderator Moderator Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson. Forever and always.
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Symphony
    He won't be chuffed with that 2nd half.

2. ourdaywillcome! Gold Member Gold Member

Two games in a row, 3-0 up at half time, and conceding two in quick succession to bring the score to 3-2.

Unacceptable and he has to take some blame for it. Fannying about at the back at 3-2 is ridiculous, Gordon clearly isn't comfortable, we've a big man up top, just let him/them boot it up the park!

3. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

post match PC

4. Saul Goodman Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Brown
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    Has he dropped Armstrong and Johansen out of the squads lately or are they injured?

5. BelfastBhoy74

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lennon
    Fav Celtic Song:
    The Fields
    I hope they are dropped and in some marketing Video by their agents.....with the Champions League money (more or less) in the bag, then creating some squad room is what is need before hopefully two more signings.....I think Rodgers has and will show patience and give people a chance, but Armstrong and Johansen have shown less than others - in my opinion

6. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

7. Diamond D

People need to remember that this style of play was indicative of his Liverpool side who came oh so close to the title. Yes they played amazing, fast, free-flowing attacking football, but in most cases it was always a case of blowing teams away early on, and then not sustaining it, or they would simply outscore their opponents. I think we will need to get used to this sort of up and down games, but rest assured in the knowledge that we can outscore anyone domestically. Champions league, if we get there, is a different story completely.

8. CFC_67_88

Fav Celtic Player:
    Fraser Forster
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Victor Wanyama
    is that not the Celtic way of play though?

9. Bunk Moreland

Both played against Inter last week so they're not injured

10. Diamond D

You could say so. Don't get me wrong,I'm not against that style, I just feel like a lot of people are annoyed and shocked at it...I was expecting it.

11. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

BRENDAN Rodgers was delighted with Celtic’s overall performance in today’s dominant victory over St Johnstone, despite a late lapse in concentration that gave the home side a glimmer of hope.
    The Hoops were in complete control at half-time thanks to three unanswered goals in space of 16 minutes from Leigh Griffiths, Scott Sinclair and James Forrest.
    Their grip on the three points never looked in doubt during the remainder of the match as the champions bossed possession and fashioned a number of other promising situations.
    But then the home side grabbed a lifeline in the final 10 minutes when Danny Swanson went down in the box under Liam Henderson’s challenge, resulting in a penalty which Swanson himself converted.
    With Henderson receiving treatment on the sidelines, Celtic were then reduced to 10 men and Tommy Wright’s team took advantage as Steven MacLean bundled home from close range.
    It would have been astonishing had the Perth side managed to salvage something from the match given the one-sided nature of the contest, but Ryan Christie fired home in stoppage to confirm the points would be heading back to Paradise.
    Speaking after the match, the manager said: “For 99 per cent of the game we were outstanding. To put that energy and attitude into the game, while the quality of our football in the first half was excellent, along with the speed of our game. It was very good.
    "In the second half we needed to control it and you suspected that St Johnstone would be wary of our game and drop a little deeper, but we still had opportunities in good areas.
    “We were in total control of the game and we gave a soft penalty, and it was a penalty, and then we lost a goal when we were down to 10 men, so all of sudden the scoreline is nowhere near the actual game and it gives them a little bit of hope.
    “But once we got the 11 men onto the field again, we got our dominance, we created another chance and scored. The scoreline didn’t reflect the game if I’m being totally honest but to get the four goals and play how we did for three quarters of the game was really impressive.”
    The win at McDiarmid Park came on the back of the epic UEFA Champions League play-off first-leg triumph over Hapoel Be’er Sheva and a demanding opening to the league campaign, which started two weeks ago with three points away to Hearts.
    So while the Irishman was disappointed at how the late goals were conceded, he couldn’t be overly critical of his players, highlighting the youthful composition of the backline.
    He said: “It’s poor, but you also have to understand that three of the back-four are either 20 and 19. That’s what happens when you put young players in and they don’t have the experience that the game is never done until the final whistle. But they will learn from it.
    “That can leave a little bitter taste in the mouth, but I can’t forget how good they were on a tough schedule of game. Everyone was telling me this is a notoriously tough place to go and I can see that, with Tommy and his team, but I thought they dealt with it really well and were really exciting for the majority of the game.”

12. shaunm

Doing a great job so far,tactically been superb,makes changes at the right times during the game,against Hapoel when they scored their 2nd imo Brendans bravery won us the game

13. The Thumb

Fav Celtic Song:
    The Celtic Song
    BR telling BBC if he is to strengthen further he would be keen to sign a creative player.

14. StPauli1916 Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Oliver Tebilly
    Fav Celtic Song:
    George and Pop
    McCourt :50:

15. PEI#1

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Brown
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Broad Black Brimmer
    Amazing to see the positive effect that one man's approach can have on our team....BR has came in and created the same buzz as MON did when he took over IMO....although I must add, I loved the lift Lenny gave the team as well but I feel that we just might be embarking upon a really good phase in our history....well I'm hoping so at least: Hail Hail.

16. bhoy81

from parkhead glasgow but now live in merseyside
    Some of the best football I've ever seen Celtic play was under Tommy Burns and it was fantastic. Rodgers has this same mentality and I'm loving it.

17. The Prof Administrator Administrator

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jinky

Yeah it's really good to watch, and this is just the beginning, another couple of quality signings and i really think we're gonna have a great season.

If we do get to the CL group stages, we won't just be making up the numbers that's for sure.

18. bhoy81

from parkhead glasgow but now live in merseyside
    100% agree we have the making of a good side and if we get that extra bit of quality we need we can hold our own at home in Europe and fingers crossed get something away from home.

Plus we need to make sure we have enough quality to play them extra games because of the league this season.

19. ChrisMoh

Fav Celtic Player:
    Samaras
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA
    im sure theres an interview a few year back with brendan saying tommy burns was one of his heroes.can definently see a tommy burns influence in the way brendan plays.

20. Keano88

14 goals in our last 3 competitive games, I'm loving it!!