1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Who would be your replacement for Ronny?

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by _DannyBhoy_, Jan 31, 2016.

Discuss Who would be your replacement for Ronny? in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 31B404 Gold Member Gold Member

Out of that list I think Moyes is the most likely candidate to get the job and the one I'd want tbh. Only problem I can see with him is that he built his reputation playing a more defensive style at Everton, a club who can't dominate England like we dominate Scotland. I think the change in style he was forced to adopt at Man United, to become more attacking was one of the reasons he failed there.

His style would probably be better in Europe for us than it would be in domestic games.

2. TimFloyd Gold Member

I would be confident of Moyes being able to set up an attack minded enough team in the spl considering our players and opposition.

One of the reasons I would really like Moyes in is the second point you listed, make us difficult to beat in Europe, we really need to learn to shut up shop like would we have done in the past.

3. Bratfurdbhoy1

Did Ronnie Try!

Did try hence wee sausage roll eater got the hump with him!!!!:56:

4. McManus4

Fav Celtic Player:
    Kieran Tierney
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    I think you're reading too much into winning trophies.

Pochettino has won * all and Deila will likely pick up his third trophy in 2 seasons.

I think Rodgers plays better football but Moyes really punched above his weight at Everton for years.

If you get a chance listen to his interview with Graham Hunter. Talking about driving right through the night to scout players.

5. Barry Robson

Agreed. Lennon and Strachan had won nothing as managers before coming in.

My ideal choice would be Rodgers or Moyes. But i don't think we will get them, they both may go back to there former clubs.

6. Scottk

roberto di matteo

7. mickcfc91

Fav Celtic Player:
    Current - Scott Brown .. All Time - Lubo n henrik
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Wiley Maley
    I like the idea of that.

8. Mr Diggler

I liked the sound of him to but then checked his record- its not all that impressive although there is a champions league winners medal there so maybe im just being fussy :smiley-laughing002:

9. Joe68

I think that's not a bad idea at all. Been impressed with Hartley as a manager

10. mickcfc91

Fav Celtic Player:
    Current - Scott Brown .. All Time - Lubo n henrik
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Wiley Maley
    A 50% ish win rate is decent enough at the clubs he has been at its only going to be more if your a top team in a league that you dominate like a Barca/Real Bayern etc. Like you look at Rodgers he was only 50%+ 1 at all the clubs he has been at same with moyes.

11. made in ireland

Roy Keane with Martin O'Neill in some sort of advisory role would be my choice.

12. realshocks

Good point. Still, I think that if you set up a really solid defence as your priority, great attacking football can emerge from that.

Sent from my B3-A10 using Tapatalk

13. Mr Diggler

True though been sacked from his last 3 jobs which doesnt make for good reading.

14. dbhoy72

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Willie Maley

My 10 year old daughter would be able to give him advice on football management, be better sticking Roy Rogers in the dugout than Roy Keane, fkn * * awful manager and for me not a very nice person too.

Him and Lennon are the ones I don't want to see at Celtic out of all the others out there.

15. made in ireland

What's that based on?

His managerial credentials aren't too different from the majority of the other potential candidates. He's had some success and he's had some failure, but what other manager hasn't?

16. the last rebel

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson Or Petrov
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Roll Of Hounor
    I think Nigle pearson would be a good manager for us took lecister to the premiership in england if am not mistaking has a good eye for players that would be a good shout if we dont get moyes

17. Dalbeth3

Fav Celtic Player:
    to many greats to be able to pick one
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic symphony
  18. realshocks

We need a solid, experienced manager this time. We had Lennon then Deila who were both green at the time. Moyes, Rodgers etc would be great. I had assumed that the board would not be able to find the money for those guys, in terms of wages and transfers, but if they did it would be choice 1 obviously: an increased investment (and risk obvs) with the added factor of Sevco seems justifiable to me.

If they aren't going to up the ante, then Neil Lennon is the very very obvious best candidate. In fact, given his remarkable success the last time, he could well do even better than Moyes etc.

Sent from my B3-A10 using Tapatalk

19. made in ireland

20. Celtic_cologne

19 people voted to replace RD.....by RD. Now that would defo make some headlines.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.