1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Who would be your replacement for Ronny?

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by _DannyBhoy_, Jan 31, 2016.

Discuss Who would be your replacement for Ronny? in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. delboy2780

David Moyes is the best available to us right now, we certainly wouldn't be the bunch of spineless gutless Fannie's we are under Ronny with Moyes in charge, Ronnys team replicates his nice guy image, Moyes would build an excellent hard working team no problem at all up here, his successes at Everton and Preston tell us that, the top teams in EPL used to hate playing against his Everton team....... Imo David Moyes won't get another job with a club that plays Champions League Football, if he wants Champions League Football he at least has that chance with us even though we have qualifiers and he's stated how much he loved being in that competition with MU and he wanted more of it...... I don't see him getting a top job in England again or anywhere that plays Champions League so I believe he may just fancy us now. We are still an attractive job there is doubt about that.
    As for Roy Keane? Not for me, he would be ok until he falls out with everyone then * off.

2. Deco17

Need moyes in. Anyone else will be bitched in to be a yes man as we all know and it's completely unnaceptable. Also Lawwell out its not good enough getting yes men. Give the job to moyes with his budget and he will succeed!

3. john2061

Problem is to get moyes or even rogers we would need a new board with european ambition and just not happy to make up the numbers in europe . At the moment we have a board who has downsized us so much that deadco ended up getting a result against us and think is the worst result in our proud history .
    Just getting rid of deila wont solve the problem as the problem is at board level and seen this proud club go from a champions league club to getting beat by a first division deadco club in the space of 3 years :47:.

4. Celtic_Daft1888

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Brown
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Broad Black Brimmer
    Although Moyes only spent 7 or 8 months in spain he played a lot of teams who have players in the lower ends of spain. Plenty of absolute gems in spain that he could unearth from teams like Eibar, Levante and Rayo Vallecano that we seem to never look at.

5. The Maestro

Fav Celtic Player:
    Paul Mcstay
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Willie Malley
    Moyes for me

6. CharlieMulgrini

Was talking to my brother about this on whatsapp today.

He seems to be of the opinion that we will go for another cheap appointment.

My take on this is different.

Ronny Deila was an experimental appointment, at a time when Lawell could afford for things to not go so well, and still have a return of Celtic being Champions and having a crack at Europe with no Rangers. Not so now. Lawell's next appointment cannot be cheap, nor can it be experimental. It has to be an established coach he trusts to oversee the development plan (which is still INTRINSIC to our ability to operate in this financial market, the backwaters of Scotland), yet at the same time overhaul the playing team and ethos of the club.

David Moyes is the man for me. Brendan Rodgers, wouldn't mind either. That kinda guy. Established manager, for Moyes needs Celtic a bit more than he did 18 months ago I feel. Villa, that's a poisoned chalice. They are mince, getting mincer, and I don't see that they will leap back to the Premiership. Nor will they get a SNIFF of Europe. Moyes has been quoted as saying that he wants CL football. Well, come here and get us it then... I say!

The money argument: we CANNOT do it cheap now. The game has changed: a resurgent Hun that can actually play a bit of footie (better than us, at the weekend it has to be said) is coming next season, and we need Europe as well for the betterment of the club's finances.

7. Martybhoy53

We'll probably end up with Coyle or Mckay:31::38:

8. john2061

with this board you will just get the cheap option so expect john hughes or stubbs or coyle in their list :47:

9. straighttalker

Fav Celtic Player:
    Big Vic
    This thread should really read 'Who would actually want the Celtic job?'

10. Glorious1967

If its any of those 3 Celtic park should be set on fire and the * on the board should be crucified along the Celtic way

11. G_portillo

Fav Celtic Player:
    Van Djik

I agree. We cant afford to take any risks now. Desmond and the board need to get this appointment right. The Deila appointment has backfired terribly during a time where we should have asserted our dominance.

12. johnfife1959

I honestly believe that a no risk option would be lennon, the first time he was totally inexperienced when he took over a rank rotten team left by mowbray, however he soon had us beating Barcelona my * what a night!!!!!

He now has lots more experience, he left because he wasn't a yes man, he left because Lawwell wouldn't let him keep Sammy on a reduced salary, if he comes back, I honestly believe Lawwell will listen to him more this time, he * needs to.

My biggest fear about the mutants when sally was in charge was that he would get sacked and they would get someone who knew what he was doing!!!! well that has happened.

Their biggest fear would be us getting Lenny back, I ask one question is there anyone on here who honestly believes they would have beat us on Sunday with Lenny at the helm??????

He would put so much fire back into this team and instead of 20,000 for the Ross County game, there would easily be 40,000 to watch him come home.

13. Murph-E

I don't want Moyes, but I'll get on board right away if he joins. Someone like Coyle or Hartley I would be against strongly and wouldn't get on board until they proved themselves with some big results.

14. Seán Mac D Gold Member Gold Member

You wouldn't be alone in being against those. An underwhelming appointment like that and Lawwell would definitely feel the wrath of the support.

15. faw cough Gold Member Gold Member

Willie Mc Stay before the likes of Hartley ang Hughes etc.

16. the last rebel

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson Or Petrov
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Roll Of Hounor
    Well withit pritty much confirmed ronny wont be there next season i personaly would love strachan back played some of our best football under him but a lot are shouting for lenny but when he was here he had players with passion like hooper wanyama ledley van dijk a think he would struggle to get the best out this group exsept from the obvious terniey and grithffis and sviachenko we cant get anothet rookie in the dark side of glasgow are back we have no time to make more mistakes we need exsperince so strachan moyes or coyle

17. G_portillo

Fav Celtic Player:
    Van Djik
    Im inclined to agree also. I read a stat on sky there that Rangers have not beaten a Neil Lennon Celtic? Is that true?

My only concern is that Lennon had a bit of a Hampden hoodoo and we were always terrible the first game back after a european match.

18. Seán Mac D Gold Member Gold Member

:56:

Must try harder.

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 19, 2016
  19. LectersLuncheon

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henke
    Fav Celtic Song:
    all of them
    Im still a little sceptical about the fawning over Moyes.

20. Twisty Rodgers out !!! Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    Sounds like he'll be away soon. If we get landed with Collins & Kennedy till the end of the season :47:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.