1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Expectations from new(ish), fringe and youth players in 2016

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by gerry_bhoy, Dec 9, 2015.

Discuss Expectations from new(ish), fringe and youth players in 2016 in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. gerry_bhoy

Armstrong - Splits opinion massively. IMO he is limited and a lot of his celebrated traits (e.g game intelligence) are exaggerated. Started well but has faded badly and now looking a SPL level midfielder. Id be gladly proved wrong and hope he starts showing more of the potential others seem to see in him.

GMS - Hard not to like the boy, was more excited about him than Armstrong early this year. No idea what's happened. Tremendously gifted technically but so have been many at this level in the past without the full package to consistently show this or take their game up a level. I expect him to be on the fringes of the team and be used as an impact player to run at tired defences until leaving at the end of his contract.

Boyata - Could tell he was a bomb scare from day one. Don't expect much from him and won't feel comfortable with him in the team.

Simunovic - Quietly confident we will have a player in our hands this time next year.

Christie - From what I've seen the lad is exceptionally talented and If his rehab goes well I can see him getting game time from Feb onwards. Excited about this one.

Allan - Hoping he will push Armstrong out the team for now and give him something to think about. I think he will get a run of games from now and will hit double figures for assists in the second half of the season. Worrying it took so long to get him up to fitness though, although he may have been carrying a injury?

Henderson - As I said in the other thread. I think this lad has everything in his game to be a top player for us. He will be instantly pushing for a place in the team come August.

Tierney - Will no doubt level out and hit a drop in form as can be expected. Shouldn't be played too much but given another dozen or so starts in all comps this season. Lad has undoubted quality.

Nesbit - Don't know enough about the lad but hear great things.

Thoughts?

Also would like to hear opinions on the like of Nesbit or other young players that are training with the first team and who we can realistically expect to break through in the second half of the season.

2. Spring Time Gold Member Gold Member

Stokes will be gone.

3. z1c0

Most exciting thing about us just now is how our team could be looking this time next year;Christie, Allan, Henderson, Tierney and Nesbitt. That's the future right there.

For the first time in a while we have exciting players in the forward positions, Christie I've loved ever since I seen him first in the flesh, always looking for the ball, the same can be said for Allan and Henderson and I think Nesbitt is the same.

Forrest Allan/Christie Nesbitt
    Henderson Bitton
    Tierney Jozo ----- Janko

That looks pretty exciting, a lot of creativity and a young team who we should be able to hang onto, adding to that we'll still have Brown and Armstrong I'm sure will find his feet and become an important player also.

If we manage to get 3 quality players;CB, ST and a GK then we have the makings of a team going places, this is the route we have to go down, let the youth play and we'll be all the better for it in the end.

Not sure if Nesbitt is ready to make the step up yet but if he preforms we'll I'm sure he'll get his chance before the end of the season and if he takes it then you never know could cement a place like KT.

4. gerry_bhoy

So many attacking options, but hopefully the likes of Christie can cement a place. If he is good enough to make the step up.

It's an exciting prospect to think Henderson, Christie and Allan could be playing regularly in 12 months time. Looking forward to seeing if Nesbit is up to task to.

5. Captain Brown Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson
    Luckily we've got a few good young players with great potential on our books then.

6. og1

Fav Celtic Player:
    McGeady
    After watching our under 21s against Chelsea im not so sure. I suppose you could extend that to include Christie and Allan but both are not as good as Tony is (at the minute). Letting Stokes go is mental.

7. Bazros

Fav Celtic Player:
    King Kenny and Henrik. Proud to have seen them both play.
    Armstrong has barely played in his proper position since he came. Started off really well but looks short of confidence and full fitness right now.

GMS also looks short of confidence.

Boyata has been unconvincing and will be relegated to back up if we get that other Croatian defender.

Simunovic looks like a player.

I really hope we will start to see Allan and Christie come through from the new year onwards and, along with KT already doing brilliantly and Hendo next year, we could have a promising, young, Scottish team for next season.

I just hope we have the patience to let it come to fruition.

8. gerry_bhoy

Honest question. Do you think all our Dev players are poor and we have little potential then? Or is that more of an overreaction to that result?

I've seen very few play so don't know.

9. Jozo The Provo

Fav Celtic Player:
    Brown
    Fav Celtic Song:
    celtic symphony
    Chelsea won the champions league with that team last year so I wouldn't be to hard on them :smiley-laughing002:

Always annoys me how the youths are never on the telly do you get to watch them if you get Celtic TV?