1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Are new players coming after all?

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by BTG, Jul 21, 2004.

Discuss Are new players coming after all? in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. BTG

Fav Celtic Player:
    McGeady, Maloney, Browny
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA
    From the BBC website;

And O'Neill admits the club's lack of new signings is causing some concern.

Henrik Larsson, Johan Mjallby, Liam Miller and Jamie Smith have all left Celtic Park, while youngsters John Kennedy and Shaun Maloney are suffering from long-term injuries.

"I'm a little disappointed but that's just the situation we're in," O'Neill told the Celtic View.

"Certain circumstances have prevented that, not least my own personal situation, and in an ideal world we would certainly have liked to have brought one or two players out there (USA) with us.

"But I will be using the next week while the team are away to attempt to progress some things that we're working on.

"I would imagine that the positions we want to strengthen are relatively obvious and I'll certainly be spending all my available time attempting to do that."

Well thats certainly raised my doubts, hearing that from the man himself i'm starting to believe again that we could bring in a top quality player instead of rushing into things with players that may not live up to expectations i.e. Rangers

2. Celtic Mad Administrator Administrator

Yes, there really isnt any point in buying players for the sake of it and wasting money. MON knows exactly what he is doing and I have all my faith in him to take in a quality player.

3. Dubsbhoy Banned!

i look at the bench and shiver (with no disrepect to anyone) we have no depth at all in the squad and i felt this was the case last season so you can imagine what state were in now. all it will take is a few injuries and we will be on our knees, if were gonna contest in CL,SPL and cups we need about 4 decent players and one big signing but i take some relief with MON words and maybe part of him staying behind is to sort it out (aswell as take care of the missus).

4. BTG

Fav Celtic Player:
    McGeady, Maloney, Browny
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA
    We have the likes of Momo Sylla on the bench, says it all really.

5. Mark

This is not fair on the Celtic fans. We deserve to know more than 'I'll be looking around' - what is that? He's been saying that for weeks. In my opinion he's looked at about two players and not followed them up. No disrespect to him or his wife or family, but it is affecting running one of Europe's biggest clubs and this no new signings is not on. We will get humped this season. Humped!

6. hooperman

Fav Celtic Player:
    Stilian Petrov
    Fav Celtic Song:
    4 leaf clover
    O'Neill's bid to capture Camara

Wot the * is this all about
    Camara incensed Wolves and their supporters by failing to report for pre-season training and insisting he had no desire to play for the club following their relegation from the Premiership last season.
    Don't know if i like that kind of attitude in a footballer
    Besides last year only managed 9 goals for Wolves

7. larsson97_04

Fav Celtic Player:
    Maloney, JVOH
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA

I don't think Camara will come to Celtic but on a number of sites it says that the deal is very close to being finished.
    but lets see what the future is for Celtic transfers

8. BTG

Fav Celtic Player:
    McGeady, Maloney, Browny
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA
    Despite all the negative speculation i've seen a lot of Camara and he is a very good player, he has the tendancies of a South American i.e. Can sometimes think hes bigger than the club however if you see some of the goals he scored last season i'm sure you'll be pleasantly suprised.. He did only score 9 goals but he didnt play all that many games. He could be a superstar for us but then again he could be a flop.

I think MON would make the right decision in taking him on loan with a view to sign him permanently, this way we can see what he's like without spending a fortune on a so called flop..

9. larsson97_04

Fav Celtic Player:
    Maloney, JVOH
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA
    i just hope that MON does not leave it to the last minute