1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

2016/17 UEFA Champions League Qualifiers

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by ILoveTheCeltic, Aug 27, 2015.

Discuss 2016/17 UEFA Champions League Qualifiers in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Ciaran_67

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jan Venegoor of Hessilink
    We are better than Dinamo Zagreb and Ludogrets. However, both ties are very awkward matches.

Undoubtedly though, we are superior to all teams in the unseeded section but we are in need of more proven quality players to make that show convincingly.

2. Richmal

I think if we can get second leg at home we could beat Israeli team, dundalk or even copenhagen, but unless its Dundalk ( no offence ... A crackin achievement) we will be in serious struggle!

3. themouth1888

We need a few players in that team from tonight before we can think about progressing.

Time for Rodgers to squeeze the board

4. Blueblood

Ludogorets movement in midfield was, for me, quite stunning. A lot of one-touch give and go triangles + fast switching of play which really cut Red Star to pieces. The only question mark is that Red Star are * so maybe Ludogorets will not look as effective against an equally sharp midfield.

Trust me, you would want to avoid them.

5. James Gold Member Gold Member

Who would you be hoping to draw do you see us as an 'easy' draw ?

6. ronan1888

Dundalk or Beer would be cracking.

7. Derrybhoy1

I am surprised when I watch Red Star, I don't watch too many games of theirs but for a team who absolutely killed their league last season, they are quite * as you say. Suppose that's a reflection on Serbian football at the minute.

Ludogorets is a decent side, I just meant that I don't think last nights game was a game you could judge them properly from. I did notice they like to move the ball very quickly in the oppositions half, I think I was most impressed by Cafu and Wanderson (I know he got a hat trick but I only actually seen one of his goals!) Definitely good players.

I do want to avoid them, because I'd rather Hapoel or Dundalk. If we avoid Dundalk though, I hope they somehow make it. :50:

8. Rendog

Fav Celtic Player:
    Kieran Tierney
    Fav Celtic Song:
    The SAM song
    Will the play offs be on by sport?

9. CFC_67_88

Fav Celtic Player:
    Fraser Forster
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Victor Wanyama
    your telling me :86:

:icon_mrgreen::bbpd:

10. Kyogo Furuhashi Gold Member Gold Member

BT Sport? Aye

11. Derrybhoy1

Does anyone know anything about Hapoel as a team? I just know them through seeing their name in European competitions before. Probably sticks in my head because of "Beer" :smiley-laughing002:

I remember being surprised last week at their draw away to Olympiacos, I think they were 10/1 or so to win that game too. Must be a decent enough side though.

12. Blueblood

Hahahahaha....mate we are Dinamo Zagreb....capable of beating Arsenal and Villareal and capable of losing to Aalborg, Sherriff and Hearts (what a horror performance that was!)

In short, there are never any easy teams for us and realistically, very little separates the 5 seeded teams of which you are obviously one. Maybe our midfield has a bit more class but then again it means *-all if you don't have a striker who bangs them in for fun - which we lack.

I would prefer to avoid Celtic simply because I love them too and would prefer to be less emotionally invested in the playoff round.

13. CFC_67_88

Fav Celtic Player:
    Fraser Forster
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Victor Wanyama
    in order who would be the toughest to face out of the pot in you guys opinion?

14. Fatface

Thing about these Israeli teams, they have had some decent results in Europe in recent years. This Beer team I have not seen though.

Copenhagen are the sort of team that could stifle us and grind out a 1-0 aggregate win. Ludogorets I would say is 50/50, Zagreb I think would see us in the EL.

15. gengar

Fav Celtic Player:
    nakamura
    Fav Celtic Song:
    heat of lisbon
    Seeded teams go into one pot, unseeded teams go into another pot. Without knowing/revealing the teams, one team from each pot goes into a third pot. First team drawn from third pot is first leg home team.

16. Sean Daleer Free Palestine Gold Member

Bring any one of the * on, we are Celtic.

17. KevvyBhoy

Would prefer to avoid Dinamo Zagreb or Ludogorets but Copenhagen would be a difficult tie as well. One of the other two should see us through.

18. Sean Daleer Free Palestine Gold Member

Would love Dundalk though for a variety of reasons.

19. Mr Shelby Moderator Moderator Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson. Forever and always.
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Symphony
    Dundalk, Beer shavers, Copenhagen, Ludogrets, Zagreb.

In that order.

20. ILoveTheCeltic

Fav Celtic Player:
    Kieran Tierney
    Id be most worried about playing Dinamo Zagreb, they seem to usually always score goals in Europe and we always concede so they could pump us.

Ludogorets and Hapoel id rather avoid too in that order probably.

Copenhagen maybe not too bad as Scandanavian teams we've done fairly well against, even though Malmo knocked us out we were cruising 3-0 w before we had a meltdown but even then we were a bawhair away from ging through if Bittons wrongly disallowed goal counted, would have left us only needing a goal but wasnt to be.

Dundalk we should go through with relative ease, couldnt even imagine losing to them over 2 legs.