1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Mutiny in the ranks?

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by LectersLuncheon, Aug 27, 2015.

Discuss Mutiny in the ranks? in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. LectersLuncheon

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henke
    Fav Celtic Song:
    all of them
    Ronny's assessment seems to match what most of us think... that we were scared.

However Scott Brown, Gordon and Commons have all come forward to throw the managers comments under the bus. With Commons who was in particular very scathing, claiming that the team didn't know what to do, to protect the lead or go at them...this, i find ridiculous, surely the game plan was in place?

Are these comments mutinous? Or are the players merely reacting badly?

Theres no doubt that Ronny is under pressure at this time, the media have piled on and a good sized section of the support are calling for his head... but how are the players feeling?

thoughts?

2. Liam Scales Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony, YNWA, Grace
    No, they aren't.

Ronny's said that to get a reaction, a bit of aggro in the dressing room and anger about a performance can go a long way.

You just need to know if we react the right way. The game this weekend will tell us a lot if they do or not.

Commons also disagreed with Brown, Celtic isn't a hive mind, people have different opinions.

3. DaBomber

I personally think Commons was out of order and should keep his mouth shut in future at the end of the day he may disagree but we needed experienced players to stand up and be counted and he certainly never did so he really is in no position to comment nobody seemed to want the ball so yes I believe they were frightened of making mistakes and I think commons was to blame.

4. Rendog

Fav Celtic Player:
    Kieran Tierney
    Fav Celtic Song:
    The SAM song
    I got this impression of this while watching the game. The players did not seem scared to me they seemed unmotivated. Scott Brown is normally running through walls for club and country. One of the first times i have watched him where I've not seen this. Deila looked the same on the bench. I have a feeling something was going on even before the game started.

5. dbhoy72

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Willie Maley

He's probably been asked the question, and more than entitled to answer it.

Commons was certainly not one of the major bottlers the other night, that is certain.

6. ordinaryman

Yep. Have to agree. Most on here probably weren't even born when we played Feyenoord in the 1970 Final. As I was watching the other night it reminded me of that game, when we were just not our usual - we had gubbed Leeds in the semi- final and were favourites, but lost. After the game there were so many stories circulating that before the game there was disharmony in the camp/dressing room over money/bonuses. Probably only a story,but definitely felt something was wrong other than tactics on Tuesday

7. lemon difficult

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo
    i think ronnies comments were more for the boards ears than the players. maybe signalling to them that a bit more experience is required in the squad

8. GreenArrow1888

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony, Commons, Thumb.
    Oh ayeee, make thum walk tha plank!!

9. saltire78

Question asked: do you feel that the team were scared and froze up on the night?

Translation: hello boys, do you want to admit that you are all a shambolic mockery of the professionals that you are all being exceptionally well paid to be?

Answer: no.

Nobody's coming out well from this. Deila shouldn't have said it - even though it was true. Players shouldn't be fueling it - even though it stings. Fans should see it for the disappointment driven spat for what it is, rather than putting a microscope on it and escalating it - which is exactly what the media want. Everyone needs room to breathe, cool heads and some clear the air opportunity and then we can regroup.

10. Rendog

Fav Celtic Player:
    Kieran Tierney
    Fav Celtic Song:
    The SAM song
    I'm just a little surprised a lot of others have not picked up on it. I'm positive something is going in involving the players and management just now.

11. Shaun

Well said. People who understand the inner workings of a football club will agree with you. Often things are said to get a reaction. For all we know Ronny and the players all decided to give these reactions together. Keep in mind we are still going to make £Millions£ and we are playing European Football for the 2nd year in a row. I wanted Champions League but so did you and so did the entire club, staff, playing staff, manager and board.

I still think the club should keep Ronny and keep developing the club the way we are. We can't go into debt and who wants to? Patience doesn't exist at Celtic. I was disgusted on Tuesday night, now I am in a better place.

Never rule ANYTHING out in football. The media are going to talk anyway, maybe Ronny and the players are giving the media something to talk about so they can get on with winning the treble and getting further in the Europa League..

HH :shamrock:

12. DaBomber

I don't mean to say he was the worst performer but he didn't really stand out the way we know he can and has proven he can in big games.

13. Callum McGregor The Captain Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubomir Moravcik
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    I think too much was made of Commons' comments.

14. wulliebad

If its ok for ronny to sit there and praise the team and the players when we have a really good game and people lap it up then he also has the right to sit there and have a go at the team and players when they have a * stinker.
    The players can mump and moan all they like but as far as im concerned if they dont want the manager to have a go at them on tv they have 2 choices.

1.turn up in the game and play like your paid to.
    2.* off to another club.

Ill say it again...of course when asked were you scared they will say no and not agree with the manager.

15. Paul67 Administrator Administrator

Fav Celtic Song:
    Let The People Sing
    I don't see the big deal in what Commons said. He was asked a question and answered it honestly. I have no problem with Deila saying what he said, and equally no problem with what Commons said.

16. donnegal celt

This is experienced squad. Gordon and brown and mulgrew and van dilk and ambrose, izzy, stokes. These guys have a lot European experience.

17. Col

Don't see any issue with what Commons or Ronny said, don't see that there would be problems in the dressing room in fairness

18. JC Anton Get yer, hats, scarfs badges & tapes

Maybe one of the reasons Ronny was reluctant to offer Commons a contract, too strong an influence at the club?

Most new managers like to clear the dressing room gradually to make their own stamp, I'm sure Ronny only wanted Commons around for one year not two..

19. og1

Fav Celtic Player:
    McGeady
    If that is true then he should * off back to Norway. Commons has actually done the business for us over many years. He is making excuses and putting the blame on the players when it is his own fault. Ronny should man up or go home.

20. JC Anton Get yer, hats, scarfs badges & tapes

What part?