1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

League Of Ireland Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'World Football' started by daveybhoy1, Aug 7, 2015.

Discuss League Of Ireland Discussion Thread in the World Football area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. daveybhoy1

Yeah that's right. People who had already bought tickets refused entry. People also being told they'll be arrested if they didn't leave the area. Apparently 2 fellas about 60 years old with season tickets turned away aswell.

Terrible organising by the club. A terrible few days,the worst since TNS.

2. daveybhoy1

Yous will be fined for the fans who got onto the pitch. Yes Bohs fans started it but Rovers fans still got on the pitch and hit that gobshite who ran over to them. I've heard a number of Rovers fans complain about the gaurds, doubt anything will be done about it. Anyway we'll have to pay a bigger fine.

It looks like we'll be in Tolka next year, I'm not sure if it's 100% certain though. Still might have a couple more Derbies in Dalyer. I hope so anyway.

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 18, 2016
  3. dublinhoops

Thats shocking fella, its not that hard to deduct your season ticket figures from whatever the Jodi holds and only sell X amount I'd have thought.

Fair enough summary, I still think our end was quite calm considering the provocation and only three of ours or whatever made it onto the pitch. The burglar "anti climb" paint is a real pain in the hole (anywhere near the front after a goal or even brushing past other people covered in it ruins the clothes), especially when you see all your lot free to charge through a gap in the hoardings every game without reprieve :56:.

Even after hammering people at the game they seemed intent on stirring it on the way out of the ground, not helpful at all for anyone given the tension already there.

4. faw cough Gold Member Gold Member

Yeah i was surprised the rovers end did not empty onto the pitch.

5. dublinhoops

The FAI Disciplinary Committee has issued sanctions against both Bohemian FC and Shamrock Rovers following the outbreak of violence on April 15.
    The Airtricity League meeting between the two at Dalymount Park was marred by clashes between supporters.
    Bohemian FC was charged with five offences under the categories of 'pitch invasion', 'match and player safety obligations' and 'missiles' - objects thrown by supporters.
    Shamrock Rovers was charged with two offences: 'pitch invasion' and 'missiles', relating to conduct of their own supporters.
    The FAI said in a statement: “The FAI Stadia & Security Committee are reviewing Match Operations on the night of the SSE Airtricity League Premier Division game and met with Bohemian FC regarding how the fixture was managed on the night.”
    Both clubs have accepted the sanctions, opting not to exercise their right to appeal.

6. thailandceltic From Immigration to Domination

Fav Celtic Player:
    Paddy
    Fav Celtic Song:
    hail hail
    I was at the game and again it was marred by a few * idiots.. As stated before on here a lot of fellas there who are not regulars, I was in the bar at half time and a mate of mine told me a load of his mates with season tickets were refused..shambles.. I was down the phibsboro end of the Jodi and there was rovers fans in with Bohs fans and no sign of trouble...they also ran out of fivers at the stalls..I dont think they were expecting such a big crowd but they should of been expecting the trouble, no excuse..Get the new stadium built ASAP

7. daveybhoy1

It's going to be a long season, terrible stuff so far. We need to start winning games.

The standard of the league has dropped a good bit in the last few years. That Dundalk team aren't as good as Bohs 08/09 or even the Rovers Europa team and they'll probably win 3 in a row.

Bad news about Waterford too. Quite a bad time for the league imo.

8. thailandceltic From Immigration to Domination

Fav Celtic Player:
    Paddy
    Fav Celtic Song:
    hail hail
    Yeah shame about Waterford, I think they earned 2 grand in prize money last year ffs, But what do we expect with Delaney and that shower of * running the gig.. More interested in booze ups and watching Man United than what happens in our league..Roy Keane earns more a year than the winners of our Premier League...

A long season indeed...:55: One consilation is the tallagh scum wont win it:icon_mrgreen:

Last edited by a moderator: May 4, 2016
  9. dublinhoops

Would agree, worst league in years. Dundalk are even ordinary enough and not a patch on the two sides you mentioned, already its down to Cork to stop them. We are playing desperate stuff as well.

Obsessed :bbpd:

17 24 :shamrock:

10. daveybhoy1

We are * awful. 6 games without even scoring. The worst thing about it is we never even look like scoring, hard to watch tbh. We're lucky Longford and Bray are even worse or else we'd be staring at relegation.

11. thailandceltic From Immigration to Domination

Fav Celtic Player:
    Paddy
    Fav Celtic Song:
    hail hail
    I had so much hope at the start of the season after last season, I was even thinking bout getting a season ticket even though Id miss alot of games with work... Now, jaysus Im hard pressed to pay a tenner to go watch.. I don't think we are playing that bad and we are not getting hammered but unfortunately we are still along way behind Dundalk, Cork and Co.. Best we can hope for is a decent cup run..

12. dublinhoops

Its looks like Long raised expectations way too much by overachieving last season. Its a poor Bohs squad but very similar to last seasons that were winning their fair share of games, now you's can't even score. The way this league works though a few wins on the trot and you fly up the table.

It really seems a poor league this year, standard/ quality is way down and isn't helped by the amount of teams playing 451 which cancels teams out, and believe me I am including ourselves in that.

13. thailandceltic From Immigration to Domination

Fav Celtic Player:
    Paddy
    Fav Celtic Song:
    hail hail
    Wexford Youths :56:

14. gasrex

Excuse my ignorance, what's happened at Waterford?

15. thailandceltic From Immigration to Domination

Fav Celtic Player:
    Paddy
    Fav Celtic Song:
    hail hail
    Ran out of money and on the brink unfortunately :38:

16. eire4

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    I don't know whey they even have a second tier in the League of Ireland. It is an absolute kiss of death to most clubs although Limerick do look like they will survive last seasons relegation given how they have all but won the second tier already. But really for the most part it is the kiss of death to a club. Just look at the state of Shelbourne these days.
    For me they should have an 18-20 team division and maybe have the bottom 2 teams have to seek re-election at the end of a season or something along those lines. But the second tier as it stands serves no purpose and is a complete joke. The only way there should be a second tier in Ireland is if the FAI and IFA finally merged the 2 leagues.

17. dublinhoops

Is it 7 games for Bohs now without a goal :smiley-laughing002:

18. dublinhoops

Tinkering on the brink the past while, crowds have gone to bits. And guess who is involved down there now, Roddy :56:

19. Bretonspirit

Or why not a Celtic League with 20 clubs...with 9 scots, 5 irish, 2 n.irish, 4 welsh FC (Swansea, Cardiff, Newport C. + welsh PL champions) for the first season?? Just under the 4 national league premierships (one direct promotion for scotland,1 for wales and 1 for all-ireland play-offs champions + 1 for the winner of a little Interleague challenge between 4 best teams from each leagues (last year))

1 top league, 4 national cups. Negociation with UEFA to conserve 4 spots for each Cups into Europa League. I think it possible.

Last edited by a moderator: May 18, 2016
  20. thailandceltic From Immigration to Domination

Fav Celtic Player:
    Paddy
    Fav Celtic Song:
    hail hail
    Ill have two of whatever your taken, could do with getting off my *..:97::56: