1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

[No Link] Mitchell Dijks

Discussion in 'Transfer Rumours' started by Officer Doofy, May 1, 2015.

Discuss Mitchell Dijks in the Transfer Rumours area at TalkCeltic.net.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Fiferbhoy1991

Fav Celtic Player:
    Kieran Tierney
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    It'd be like the O'Neill days. Used to love watching our back 3 absolutely bully strikers

2. kevinberryno7

Report: Celtic bid €2m for Mitchell Dijks, Ajax unwilling to match valuation
    Fri 15 May

Celtic may have just moved ahead of Ajax in the race to sign Mitchell Dijks.

View image | gettyimages.com

The Bhoys have long been linked with a move for Willem II left-back Mitchell Dijks, and a new report in De Telegraaf has claimed that they have submitted a €2 million bid for the youngster.

Last month the Scottish Sun ran the original report of Celtic’s interest in Dijks, claiming that they were also fighting off interest from Dutch giants Ajax. The left-back, who has made 28 appearances for Willem this season used to play for Ajax, only agreeing his switch to his current club at the beginning of this season.

He has impressed in the Eredivisie, and Ajax are keen on signing him back, utilising the 50% sell-on clause in his contract, following his sale from the Amsterdam ArenA.

Celtic have bid €2 million, which would be acceptable for Willem, but Ajax are unwilling to match this valuation. For them, a €2 million bid is actually €1 million due to the contract clause, but they do not agree with that asking price.

SEE ALSO: Agent of reported Celtic, Norwich target discusses potential summer transfer, confirms interest

This has caused the Dutch giants to reconsider their interest in Dijks, and Celtic are now the frontrunners to sign the young Dutch youth international.

There are no indications that the Bhoys’ bid has been accepted yet, although it is expected that Willem will agree the deal in the coming days, having seen their valuation matched.

3. kevinberryno7

like what hearing from hoops, get buisness done early quite refreshing considering what we have been like in previous seasons

4. VikingBhoy

Getting Dijks would cost Ajax two million euros. They would have to pay Willem II 1 million and in addition they would give up the 1 million they would get if we buy him because of their sell-on clause. Basically signing him would be just as expensive for them as for us

5. martin_d

Fav Celtic Song:
    Willie Maley Song
    I think the value of our bid will be based on Dijks' age, potential and versatility. By all accounts, he'd be able to provide coverage at CB, in much the way that Lustig does.

6. Slaw Gold Member Gold Member

Physical but good on the ball. Looks pretty tasty to me. Stay Virgil, you know you want to :54:

7. ILoveTheCeltic

Fav Celtic Player:
    Kieran Tierney
    I think Ajax will still sign him, Overmars reportedly told Dijks that he would be signing as first choice left-back, so I cant see Ajax pulling out a deal over about £400k extra for a player they want in their first team, especially as he's only costing them about £800k. It's still a cheap deal for them, although I think their main problem is that they let him go for free to them last summer now have to pay that to get him back.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 4, 2015
  8. marco1888

Fav Celtic Player:
    Kayal
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Sean south
    I think your right. He will goto Ajax.

9. kevinberryno7

Celtic may have moved ahead of Ajax in the race to sign Willem II left back Mitchell Dijks after putting a €2 million bid on the table.

By Michael Bell

dijks willlem celDijks has reportedly agreed personal terms over a three-year-deal to rejoin Ajax after leaving the Amsterdam club last summer, but Willem II are reportedly asking Marc Overmars for too much money.

Half of any fee paid for Dijks would go to Ajax as part of the deal to take the defender to Willem II last summer, and according to De Telegraaf, Celtic have offered €2 million for the 22-year-old. Ajax would only have to pay Willem II €1 million to match that offer, but this is reportedly more than what they are willing to pay.

Negotiations are set to continue, but if Willem II hold out for more money, then it could be Celtic who come out on top.

this is another website from holland reporting same story as put up before, at least we are not penny pinching and trying hardest to get players in

10. Glasgow_Bhoy88

Looks like we have made a "€2million take or leave it" bid for him. Which is probably non-media talk for meeting the asking price.

11. Vinnie BBQ Justice is lost Justice is raped Justice is gone.

Boilesen? I would take him.

12. Vertie Auld

Celtic are still waiting to see if their £1.6m bid for Willem II defender Mitchells Dijks can be forced through. Daily Express

13. Vertie Auld

* *. We're not hanging about and we're outbidding other clubs. Is Pistol Pete feeling alright? :smiley-laughing002:

14. King of Kings

Fav Celtic Player:
    boruc
    It's pretty mental isn't it?

Refreshing change from the usual Kevin Doyle rumour in the last few days of August.

15. marco1888

Fav Celtic Player:
    Kayal
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Sean south
    Well if we get him and a striker I will be well chuffed

16. DJ CJ

Fav Celtic Player:
    Wanyama
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let The People Sing
    Must have banged his head or something, I'll wait till players actually sign though, otherwise it could all just be paper talk.

17. Slaw Gold Member Gold Member

Makes me feel all warm and fuzzy inside. I've got The Lawwell Love Bug :52:

18. VikingBhoy

We're all Lawwell hipsters now :smiley-laughing002:

19. freederry20

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson, Wanyama, Hartson, Balde, Petrov, Lennon, Commons, Boruc, Brown, Van Dyk.
    As another said on a thread. The bigger champions league purse starting from this season onwards means we really have to be there every season and it's too big an incentive for the board to hang about and stall on the transfer front.

20. M.E.T.H.O.D MAN Straight from the slums of Shaolin

You wanted Derk here too :38: I still blame you.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.