1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

When Is It Right Or Wrong To Hunt?

Discussion in 'TalkCeltic Pub' started by cidermaster, Apr 15, 2015.

Discuss When Is It Right Or Wrong To Hunt? in the TalkCeltic Pub area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Vertie Auld

If you eat Mexican and Indian food, it's easy to go vegan.

Almond milk and coconut milk are cracking as well. Much better than ordinary milk.

2. mygirlmaria

Fav Celtic Player:
    Kenny Dalglish
    Fav Celtic Song:
    you'll never walk alone
    I would happily give it a go if someone would cook it all for me!

3. Mr. Slippyfist

Poncy *.

4. Vinnie BBQ Justice is lost Justice is raped Justice is gone.

Pigs and cows taste better than they sound too.

5. Vertie Auld

If I can cook it, you can. :smiley-laughing002:

6. Vertie Auld

[​IMG]

7. Mr. Slippyfist

Finger licking good.

Shame it was up his * first lol wee autistic * that he is......

8. North

I'm sorry Ricky, but no. You cannot pass moral judgements on any one for any action. First off your description of the animal as beautiful is entirely subjective. The woman may describe hunting as beautiful. Again, another subjective opinion. You cannot measure your statements against an objective truth because of your lack of belief in the realities of objective abstracts.

Secondly, since in your world view man is but a mere puppet of material processes, you cannot condemn her for enjoying hunting. The chemical reactions that occur when she hunts gives her pleasure. You cannot attach any moral value to a biological process. Your brain doesn't perform the same processes. That is all. In the end, your position is entirely bankrupt. Your contribution to this discussion is moot. You literally don't have a leg to stand on.

Is she sick, Ricky? Is she a monster? Is her a deviant? Right... okay then... and how exactly do you qualify that belief? Your opinion? And why should your opinion have any weight with anyone other than yourself?

To the thread in general. I don't like hunting for sport. I don't really understand why people do it. But at the same time I don't object to them doing it. Some people enjoy it. There's a thrill involved. Animals are not rational creatures. They're not people, and the humanising of animals is an incredibly sick state of affairs we find ourselves in. In some instances I think that it is morally wrong. For instance, the bullfighting in Spain. This is engineered to maximise the torture and suffering of the bulls. Setting aside what the bull "feels" at that moment, I think this is a greater moral condemnation on those that participate and enjoy the actually suffering rather than the perceived accomplishment of taking down big game. But if you're simply killing the animal, without imposing undue stress on it (besides the obvious one of death), then I say whatever.

And to be honest I am impressed that she favours the bow and arrow. That does take some skill. It's not like she picked up a semi-automatic and just started firing. Furthermore, as she herself said, the meat went to local African villagers. The animal was removed from its herd and it was done for anyway. If there's an ethical way to hunt for sport, I'd say that's pretty darn close.

The death threats she's received have been crazy. Unlike the giraffe, she's a human being, a rational animal, capable of abstract thought, capable of experiencing love, and even fear. That giraffe didn't lay there thinking as it died. It didn't speak to itself in an interior monologue as it slipped from this earth, regretting not having spent enough time with its son. It truly is a mere product of biological processes. It doesn't know fear as we know fear. It doesn't know love. It's an animal.

9. Mr. Slippyfist

10. Tim-Time 1888 Always look on the bright side of Life Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Enrico Annoni
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Hail Hail
    I might be wrong but I don't think Ricky is on here.

11. ruzzle76

Fav Celtic Player:
    lubomir moravcic
    Fav Celtic Song:
    the willy maley song
    right ive heard it all now munching on a burger is as bad as killing a * giraffe. away and throw * at the moon ffs

12. Sean Daleer Free Palestine Gold Member

Say it right. Killing a cow is the same as killing a giraffe.

Kind of takes on a different meaning like that.

13. Vertie Auld

I'm glad someone said it. :smiley-laughing002:

14. Vertie Auld

I would reply to that post but it would just be an exercise in futility. North's infallible.

15. North

It would be futile to respond to my criticisms of Gervais because I am absolutely right and to object to what I said would be wrong.

On the matter of hunting for sport, then as far as I'm concerned, it's fair game. No pun intended. It is a mere opinion of mine, one I could be swayed against if a strong enough argument was put forward.

16. Los Palmas 7 something strange happened Gold Member