1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

MAD MEN (advice please )

Discussion in 'TC Media' started by jpr21, Apr 9, 2015.

Discuss MAD MEN (advice please ) in the TC Media area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. jpr21

Fav Celtic Player:
    mcgregor
    Fav Celtic Song:
    willie maley
    I have just started season three having binged through the first two seasons in about a week . I do enjoy the show to an extent - would label it as a pleasant watch .

However , I am just waiting/hoping that it gets a little " deeper " - either more exciting/tense or more emotional. Feels very much like a period soap opera at the moment. I am hoping it goes further into Don's past and former identity , and am also hoping for some better romantic storylines .

Is it worth persisting with , and does it get much better from season three onwards?

2. Seosamh Máirtín

If you can't appreciate it by this point, your best buying yourself out.

3. Matt_20

It's not going to do a Breaking Bad at any point and suddenly ramp up the action. I've only watched the first few episodes myself, but by all accounts it's a slow burner all the way through.

4. mygirlmaria

Fav Celtic Player:
    Kenny Dalglish
    Fav Celtic Song:
    you'll never walk alone
    I watched the first 3.5 series and then lost track as me and GF missed an episode and decided to wait for re-run, and never picked it up again.
    It isnt very exciting, but it is an interesting show in its own rights.I liked it, but was never over enthused about it.
    I wouldnt be averse to picking up where i left off.

Id rate it 7/10.

5. jpr21

Fav Celtic Player:
    mcgregor
    Fav Celtic Song:
    willie maley
    I am halfway through season three and i must say this is exactly how i feel about the show . Fairly entertaining, pleasant and interesting . I am still not seeing how it is getting labelled as one of the greatest shows ever?

6. Cathairbhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Joe Ledley
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    I gave up after s3 but came back and binge watched s4-7 in about a week, felt the same as you after 3 seasons but it gets much better.