1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Most important Celtic goal you have witnessed live?

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by TicFan88, Mar 29, 2015.

Discuss Most important Celtic goal you have witnessed live? in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. ORIGINALS

Joe ledley header against rangers.

2. Marty McFly Whoa, this is heavy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    I remember going significantly more mental than usual at a Didier Agathe last minute, I think an equaliser?, against Hearts at home. Can't remember nor can be arsed finding out more about it :smiley-laughing002:

So it may turn out to be an insignificant goal, just sticks in my head for some reason.

3. Raoul Duke

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubomir Moravcik
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    Probably commons penalty vs spartak.

4. cfcliamk

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    Was my first ever game at celtic park. I was 7. April 2004. We hadn't lost at home in ages a record. We were 2-0 down de Vries scored their second. Then sutton scored with 10 to go I think before Agathe scored from a corner sliding in and putting the ball into the roof net. Drew 2-2. Same day Freddie ljunberg missed from the goal line v bolton am sure haha. Thats about as much as I remember

5. ThisIsGhod

Donati's last minute winner against Shaktar. Lost my voice that night, I'll never forget it.

6. Deco67

Commons v Spartak

7. K-H88PS

Larsson's goal v Boavista Uefa Cup Semi Final

8. Marty McFly Whoa, this is heavy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    Ah nice one! Cheers for the info mate! That explains my exuberant celebrations, keeping an unbeaten record intact. Sure Craig Gordon flapped at the cross for Agathe's goal too.

9. murphy88

Larsson opening the scoring against St. Johsntone, or Brattbakk in the same game.

10. The Celtic Way

the goal big pierre scored against airdrie in the scottish cup final was massive at the time, was also the first time i seen celtic lift a trophy.

11. Scotzbhoy

Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields of Athenry
    More dramatic than that, Sutton's goal was in the last minute of normal time. Agathe's goal also sprang to mind for me when I saw the thread, just for the sheer drama of those two last minute goals to keep our unbeaten home record intact.

12. McGrory1888

Fav Celtic Player:
    Callum McGregor
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let The People Sing
    In terms of importance regarding progression and success then Nakamura v Man United, Donati v Shakhtar and JVOH v Rangers were all incredible, but McDonald v AC Milan (Champions of Europe at the time) and Watt v Barcelona (arguably the best club side of all time) will always be two that I'll remember extremely fondly.

Must admit that Donati v Shakhtar would edge it for me though. What a * moment. YNWA after that game was a tearjerker.

13. Larsson 7

Without a shadow of doubt for me, Alan Stubbs injury time equaliser against the late Rangers in 97. This happened to be my first against them and after watching Negri put them in front and Gazza's sending off I really thought it was slipping away and they were going to get the 10.

We were in the Lisbon Lion Stand, right beside the visiting zombies and the rubbish we listened to was a real eye opener......then Stubbs headed home and I witnessed for the first time that explosion of noise. I literally have goosebumps now thinking about it.

Such an important goal.

14. Slaw Gold Member Gold Member

Any videos of that? So hard to find highlights of our games from that time in the CL for some reason.

Most important (at the time) goal I've ever seen was Guidetti v Inter

15. cfcliamk

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
  16. cfcliamk

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/scot_prem/3591953.stm our right. My memory is pretty good but for some reason i thought he scored earlier.

17. markthecelt

Alan Stubbs v Rangers November 1997 it was a vital goal in helping to stop the ten !!!!!

18. daschoo

Fav Celtic Player:
    caldwell, hinkel
    Fav Celtic Song:
    celtic symphony
    Thompson getting the only goal of the tie to knock Barca out of the UEFA Cup is probably the most important I've seen that hasn't been mentioned. Sure I remember sitting in the temporary stand against Hearts when Larsson chased down a lost cause in the corner and ended up setting up Burley for the only goal late in in spring the year we stopped the 10 as well.
    Venegoors in injury time against the not so dearly departed probably edges Naka against Man Utd and Donati, McDonald or Commons in Europe.

19. Larsson 7

Something that really frustrates me. I searched youtube for it but could never find it. I'd actually love to watch the entire game.

20. VikingBhoy

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4a6OHQH9a7s[/ame]