1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Celtic v Dundee Utd LC Final 15 March 3pm KO

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by Lion1961, Mar 9, 2015.

Discuss Celtic v Dundee Utd LC Final 15 March 3pm KO in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. murphy88

If Bitton is missing, it will be a huge loss. He is vital to the whole system we play. If he is out, I still wouldn't be dropping Johansen back in beside Brown. Johansen has been our best player since being player higher up the park, and he just doesn't influence the game as much when played deeper. It would be Henderson in next to Brown if Bitton is out for me.

2. BelfastTim

I had forgotten how good guidetti initially was until watching that video of the road to the final, looked so confident and hungry. Shadow of him former self now.

3. CookieMonster Geez yer cookies Gold Member

I think Henderson is very similar to Brown- fast, aggressive, never stops running. Only reason I see him not starting is not having enough experience but there's only one way to get actual experience, I know he's been a key player for the development squad but surely they can make do without him this weekend.
    The other option and this is something that i've wanted to see and very unlikely to happen but to have Virgil in CM, will never happen but would be interesting to see.

4. CookieMonster Geez yer cookies Gold Member

Anyone else watch STV news there? Pitch is in a * state, just all big patches, will be unplayable after 30 mins.

5. CeltBhoy93

He looked about 2-3 stone lighter as well, at first i thought he wasn't playing due to the transfer situation, now i realise he just isn't putting in the workrate like he did when he arrived.

6. Lavelle88

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henke!
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    My mate got us both tickets today! Yaaaas!

2-0 Celtic. Johansen and Griffiths.

7. Jack Torrance Heeeeeere's Johnny! Gold Member

If Bitton is out I really hope he doesn't drop Johansen back.

That would be stupid. He's a shadow of himself there.

8. og1

Fav Celtic Player:
    McGeady
    Just watch the lad he will become an outstanding ball playing midfielder in years to come

9. Markybhoy

Two months ago if we had been playing Dundee Utd in a cup final I think most people would have highlighted Stuart Armstrong, Gary Mackay-Steven and Nadir Ciftci as the main dangers to us. Dundee Utd will not be able to call on the services of any of those players on Sunday. They are clearly a weakened side going into this game and as such I think it would be a disaster were we not to lift the cup. I think we will win this match and quite possibly win it comfortably.

:62::ynwacelti

10. sutton1020

2----0 the selik learnt a lot after last weeks game

11. Raoul Duke

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubomir Moravcik
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    We really do miss his energy and pressing when we play him back there.

12. bkk bhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Hard to choose ... different players for different era's
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    I hope Broony SCORES ... and then proceeds to sit doon and pretend to eat a kebab :50:

13. StevieBhoy93

whilst pole dancing round the corner flag

14. ILoveTheCeltic

Fav Celtic Player:
    Kieran Tierney
    Shameful Dundee Utd players caught boozing and smoking in Dressing room just days before League Cup Final...

[​IMG]

15. dj1950

I really thought Celtic would win this by two or three goals . However when I am told that our Captain is lying on the pavement , not at 4am but 11pm it makes me worry if he really has the stamina .

16. McManus4

Fav Celtic Player:
    Kieran Tierney
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    Henderson has to be ahead of Stokes and Commons in the pecking order for me here.

Though if Bitton doesnt make it I'd have Henderson in the middle 2. Under no circumstances should Johansen play deeper. Not only are you taking away our best attacking midfielder but you're putting a guy in the middle who's positional sense is his weakness. Keep him in the advanced role.

17. JCGE

Gordon
    Fisher denayer VVD Izaguirre
    Brown. Bitton
    Henderson johansen commons
    Griffiths

18. eire4

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson

Tend to agree with you. But Delia may feel while Johansen is much better further forward Commons can do a good enough job there in his place allowing him to move Johansen back alongside Brown. It would be fantastic if this speculation was all a moot point and Biton was fit enough to play but it is not looking very likely at this point.

19. Sonny7

I've said this before but I'd love to see Ambrose tried at DM a think it would suit him. If it was a league game we could of tried but obviously a final isn't the game to be trying that out.

20. joemc

It's a good point and I feel he could go from there into a scoring position with ease ,he is very comfortable moving forward at pace and only lacks the composure in the final act ,positionally no where as good as wanyama, but better going forward and maybe not quite as composed in front of goal .