1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Celtic vs. Aberdeen (01/03/2015, 12pm, Sky Sports 3)

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by Scottk, Feb 25, 2015.

Discuss Celtic vs. Aberdeen (01/03/2015, 12pm, Sky Sports 3) in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Lavelle88

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henke!
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    Great result and performance today. Putting them arseholes in their place. The league is now ours to retain quite comfortably. HH

2. shieldsybhoy

3. AwesomeCaz

Fav Celtic Player:
    Rogic
    You're making it out to be a far worse comparison than it is. Efe gives us nothing in an attacking sense, yes, but Izzy's crossing is 8/10 woeful anyway so what's the difference?

Efe is slack defensively and loses concentration, while Izzy is rash as * and against anyone with pace gets too tight or caught up field far too often.
    On top form I would rather Izzy on the left but I don't think he's been on top form since his 1st season tbh and I don't think it's at all ridiculous to suggest that Ambrose fills in there. He did well today anyway.

4. RabS Aw fuck it Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo
  5. Hibby

I think that's really trying hard to find a reason to justify it tbh. Is there a twitter users stand at Parkhead where the booing was particularly #loud?

I agree. Last time I was talking about it, what I said was taken as a dig at Celtic's entire support, it wasn't. No doubt those that booed Logan boo him because he accused a Celtic player of racism, how innocent Tonev is or the faults in the judicial system have * all to do with it.

I've not been on TalkCeltic for a long old time but I have a very quick question before I leave you all to it. How has Stuart Armstrong been? Has he been playing out on the left, right or through the middle mainly? I ask as I have an ongoing disagreement with a mate who said he was over-rated and I said he was a class act ages ago. Cheers.

6. ian1888

Aberdeen played well first half. We killed it second half.

I wouldn't underestimate this aberdeen team, though. They've improved year by year so far. I'd much rather have them as challengers than that old *. It was depressing when they'd win the league. Wouldn't be half as bad if someone else did.

7. Hibby

Dunno if that's needed mate, Hibs are * brilliant tbh.

ETA: Dunno what I wanted to happen today. On one hand someone else winning the league would be great for Scottish football, but * Aberdeen? You'd never hear the end of it, especially as they'd become the third most successful team in top flight history. Best waiting for someone else to do it in 30 years time maybe.

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 1, 2015
  8. Sean Daleer Free Palestine Gold Member

Why don't these sanctimonious cunty supporters of other teams worry about the behaviour of their own fans before having a go at ours.

Hibs fans, hooligans, homophobes and abused an Irishman who people were trying to kill at the time.

Disgrace to name Hibernian.

Take your * pontificating somwhere else and we'll look after our own house.

9. Soul Rebel

Fav Celtic Player:
    Commons/Sammy/Ledley
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony & Toy Town
    Izzy gets a lot more decent balls in to the box than people give him credit for, it's just there's hardly ever anyone in the right place to get on the end of them. He can have some absolute shockers but crossing aside he provides an over lapping option with those on the left and creates loads of space on the wing, something we clearly missed today when we were trying to go through the middle constantly and putting those * little dinked balls straight through to the keeper because no one was making an option out wide.
    Ambrose gave away a fair few needless fouls today, looked his typical awkward self and fills me with next to no confidence. He can have the odd good game but not at left back, I actually thought he was one of our better players at right back last week and that was because he was on his natural side and he could push forward and get crosses in to the box. Today he left Armstrong and anyone else on the left totally isolated. To suggest he should be played before Izzy is farcical.

10. AwesomeCaz

Fav Celtic Player:
    Rogic
    Fans always wanna boo the opposition but except for big European games they never boo the entire opposing team, that's why any little thing is used to target certain players. If someone dives against us then we will boo him months down the line, it's how it is and the same at every club.
    I thought it was petty booing Logan as I don't think he did anything wrong and he's hardly a world class playmaker who you'd want to put off his game, but it is what it is. Aberdeen fans would have done precisely the same if the situation had been reversed.

Armstrong's good, played mainly on the right I think thus far but all our midfield are so interchangable you can't really say. GMS, Armstrong, Johansen, Commons all switch between left, centre and right and just generally run all over the place. Only Brown and Button are static in the middle.

I thought Armstrong was a much better player than GMS but so far GMS has been better in a Celtic shirt. Gary looks fitter as well.

11. JC Anton Get yer, hats, scarfs badges & tapes

Efe was great today helped having a his height and physical presence.

12. M.E.T.H.O.D MAN Straight from the slums of Shaolin

1-0 Denayer
    [​IMG]

2-0 Griffiths
    [​IMG]

3-0 Mackay-Steven
    [​IMG]

4-0 Johansen
    [​IMG]

13. Drifter

Guidetti doesn't quite seem as sharp as he was. I would have loved to have seen Griffiths finish the game today.

He would have been perfect against a tired and disillusioned Aberdeen defence towards the end.

14. Tim-Time 1888 Always look on the bright side of Life Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Enrico Annoni
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Hail Hail
    TC open to all :smiley-laughing002:

15. AwesomeCaz

Fav Celtic Player:
    Rogic
    Yeah you're right that's part of the problem, we've been crying out for an actual penalty box poacher and someone who can head the * ball for about a decade, but I still wouldn't let Izzy off the hook because of that. He should have realised 3 years ago we didn't have anyone willing/able to get on the end of high balls, so why didn't he change and start drilling low balls in or pulling them back for the likes of Ledley, Commons and Johansen to run on to?

I don't think Izzy's got much of a brain, he seems to just act rashly and spontaneously and doesn't stop to look up or plan what he's gonna do.

How's it farcical? Izzy's not been brilliant for most of the last few years, we have no reserve LBs, and Ambrose played there today and we kept a clean cheet against the 2nd best team in the country. Izzy gives away needless fouls all the time, he's always too tight to people and especially in Europe they just turn him or dive.

Like I said on top form Izzy's our number 1 left back no question, but it's not absurd to suggest that Efe plays there sometimes, or that he did well today - which he did.

Some people will slag Efe no matter what.

16. Sean Daleer Free Palestine Gold Member

I love listening to Ronny. He describes every passage of the game perfectly.

17. SloBhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lustig
    Fav Celtic Song:
    The Celtic Song
    :56: Ronny... Said Armstrong injured his *.

18. Hibby

I can't really talk about any of those things as what, em, Rangers fans were up to at the time was far worse. Especially the homophobes bit as I've not got a clue what you're on about.

I'm not disagreeing with anything you say there. I was bringing it up because last time I was assured it wasn't an us v them pack mentality, it was a legitimate complaint about a lack of fairness from the SFA on an issue we should all be impartial on. Today blew that argument some people were saying out the water. The likes of Sean Daleer can deflect all he wants but he knows I'm right.

Cheers for that. Must say I assumed Armstrong would be a much better player for Celtic than GMS. Good if they can both develop, and Gauld at Sporting too.

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 1, 2015
  19. Liam Scales Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony, YNWA, Grace
    Oh yes because it's not a highly publicised and popular website that many people use is it and it would be ridiculous to think many people could have heard about him abusing us as a support on twitter

#*

20. Cena Never Give Up Gold Member

Pictures and gifs everywhere