1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Celtic v Internazionale (Thursday 19/02/15, K.O. 20:05, BT Sports 1)

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by Vertie Auld, Feb 14, 2015.

Discuss Celtic v Internazionale (Thursday 19/02/15, K.O. 20:05, BT Sports 1) in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. HoopswithPride

Fav Celtic Player:
    Paul "The Maestro" McStay
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Hail, Hail
    Spot on.

Comments like that from McManaman and Co show why they won't/wouldnt succeed in a management role. Too fixated on the outcome and fail to notice other areas around it.

2. eddiebhoy0109

Fav Celtic Player:
    stan petrov
    Fav Celtic Song:
    between pierre,paolos or cadetes
  3. HoopswithPride

Fav Celtic Player:
    Paul "The Maestro" McStay
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Hail, Hail
    [​IMG]

Apparently this is the ref from last night in the Glasgow Airport shop buying some merchandise!!!

4. Keano88

The highlights are on ITV4 at 6 o'clock :50:

5. Heb Celt

Hun...garian ref CSC:shamrock:

6. Montero Gold Member Gold Member

Nice one mate :50:

7. 7-1

cheers mate!

8. Keano88

First game on!

9. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    For those who are in love.....
    I quite liked him untill he said something last night.
    That Johansen was naughty and left something on the inter man. On the replay it was nothing whatsoever, other than 2 guys shoulder to shoulder.

I've listened to him many times now and he's fuckall like that with the Huns when sitting beside mr hun..

McAllister as well, Izzy made one great tackle first half on medel and he said before the replay that Izzys was a late one. Pours out of him..

10. Swervedancer Guest

Just got the game on now. Downloaded it from kickass. My heart bled for Gordon last night, he was the last player I would have thought to have a poor game and he looked totally gutted. I really worried about him at half time cause those mistakes were so unlike him and it would wreck the confidence of most people but out he came and made a couple of excellent saves to keep us in the tie. Says a lot about his mentality and also Ronnie's half time talk. I imagine Ronnie's talks are the same as the rapid confident attacking style we're seeing on the pitch of late. We've all dreamed of getting a manager who's single minded in his philosophy of playing the beautiful game on a limited budget. It's such a rare thing to find a manager who refuses to let the budget dictate a pragmatic safe style of play. I think we'll have to wait another two seasons before we see Ronnie's team playing Ronnie's style and I don't mind waiting at all cause it's already looking to be some fun. When you play safe the excitement can still be there but you're more nervous about the other team scoring than excited about the goals we'll be scoring. * it, 15 mins in and it's 2 0 haha it was a kick in the stomach. At this stage I just thought give us a goal and something to cheer about cause it looks like the game is over but we kept on going like we didn't give a *. Get intae them!! Get intae them!! Thing is when the fans see the players actually getting into them it's really inspirational. I might sound over excited cause of one game but it's not the result, it was sitting back and thinking my * we are really playing some beautiful football here. I remember thinking Salzburg was our best performance of the season after we went 2 0 down. Consensus then was they took their foot off the gas and let us in but it didn't look like it. There was no way that happened last night. To have a team who can still believe in their talent after a traumatic start is amazing.

I didn't see the pundits talking after the game but I couldn't help thinking how naive they must be because the Inter fan OC was generous enough to come on here and give us detailed info on Inter and it was plain to see we were up against a strong side with quality individuals we could never afford. They were outright favourites. This 10th in Seria a statistic is nonsense. Imagine we were playing Dortmund a couple weeks ago when they were in the relegation zone. We supposed to walk over them? Crazy.

It's funny reading through posts of the live match, so many people see different things, players who they think are having a bad game or good game. I thought big Fergal played alright. Something that Random said about Broonie not getting his recognition and I can see what he means, Broonie has become such a consistent player for me that I just expect him to be immense in midfield. He must be the fans most respected of all the players. I think he of all players represents the Club and is one of our all time icons. I'm not going to say legend cause that always causes a debate but he's certainly an excellent captain for this era.

* that 3rd goal of theirs. But straight away we're back in their box not giving a *!!! This download doesn't have the half time pundits, probably not the full time either. Wise editing

So proud of the fans, the GB are amazing and that banner was a class act.

Matthews assist for that first goal was unbelievably cool. And then the second goal just straight after ahahaha pure ecstasy!!! There is no better sound in sport than 60,000 Hoops fans in full voice.

Was it Mancini who signed Guidetti? Haha oops :)

Hope we just play the same next week, the Ronnie sonic boom attack from the whistle, confident, fearless, relentless, Celtic, strap yourself to Ronnie's Rocket and let's play some football!!!

Love Celtic, love Celtic fans and love Ronnie!

11. Montero Gold Member Gold Member

Just watched the highlights what a * touch from Henderson to set up Guidetti for his goal. I didn't realise just how good it was last night.

12. PeeKay Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    Brilliant Article

https://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/blog...t-atmosphere-in-world-football-140304973.html

Celtic Park on a grand old European night: £5.136 billion of Premier League TV cash can't buy greatest atmosphere in world football

13. Roskopicachu

It was a clever pass from Henderson, got the old sand wedge into it and Guidetti did the rest. It's a wee pass i think they've picked up from Johansen. A lot of what Johansen does rubs off on the rest of the team.

14. Keano88

15. Random Review

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jinky (ever) Lubo (modern era), KT (current)
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields of Athenry
    I thought McAllister sounded genuinely gutted for us when their second went in.

16. JC Anton Get yer, hats, scarfs badges & tapes

Really fear Shaqiri for the second leg, he could be the difference.

17. magicseven

Italian teams and dodgy refs

Seems that every time we play a scummy Italian side they dive and waste time. If they're a goal up you can guarantee they will start simulating injuries and cramp. Then suddenly they're up and running about like nothing had happened.

And for some reason the refs tend to * on us as well. We were robbed a penalty last night, and the decision not to play advantage when our man was clean through was almost as bad as in the game against sevco.

18. CelticKurd

Fav Celtic Player:
    Georgios Samaras
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony and Willie Maley
    That one linesman was shoking.

19. packybhoy Administrator Administrator Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Danny McGrain
    It is in their nature and their culture to be sneaky to gain advantage. I think in Europe we do not set out to be cute enough. Due to a lot of fair play and dust yourself down attitude in our own league! And I mean amongst players, not refs.

20. Random Review

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jinky (ever) Lubo (modern era), KT (current)
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields of Athenry
    Don't see the point in articles like that. Of course big European nights at CP are easily the best atmosphere in Britain by a distance and probably one of the best in Europe; but it's a long way from that to 'the best atmosphere in the world' and that kind of talk makes us look really insecure.

Who cares if English football has lost this?

What I find far more interesting and hopeful are two things, one of which the article doesn't even mention.

1) the fans chanting Gordon's name. We always used to do that, I especially remember support for Thompson and Larsson after penalty misses in big games; but Ronny seems to have brought back that togetherness to the club that the board's attempts to isolate the GB had destroyed.

2) the crowd and the players inspiring each other. This was rightly mentioned by the article and was a real feature of the days when CP was a fortress. Yet the article glosses over the fact that (with the odd exception like Shakhtar Karagandy) this has been missing for a while now. Indeed one of the worst examples was this very season against Maribor, when crowd and players were making each other more and more nervous in a horrible feedback loop. Contrast with last night when crowd and players were visibly/audibly drawing belief from each other.

Could this be the night when a new fortress was erected at CP? Can Ronny keep the togetherness going at a club and fan base that has been split for far too long?

Knowing Ronny, finding out will be anything but boring.

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 20, 2015