1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Celtic v Internazionale (Thursday 19/02/15, K.O. 20:05, BT Sports 1)

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by Vertie Auld, Feb 14, 2015.

Discuss Celtic v Internazionale (Thursday 19/02/15, K.O. 20:05, BT Sports 1) in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Markybhoy

Ronny Deila has been getting a lot of praise lately. Now we'll see what he's really made of. We'll also see if he's learned any lessons from the Legia Warsaw and Maribor ties.

2. JC Anton Get yer, hats, scarfs badges & tapes

That sounds about right, as I say European football under Ronny will be anything but dull.:50:

3. JC Anton Get yer, hats, scarfs badges & tapes

I agree with this too. It will be interesting a lot of people saying we should try and emulate Salzburg in the way we play, but they don't qualify for the CL group stages.

Inter are a huge club, but are they better than Maribor or Salzburg? I believe Legia are a better side than Inter.

4. Tim-Time 1888 Always look on the bright side of Life Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Enrico Annoni
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Hail Hail
    As long as we can stop them scoring at CP I think we have a good chance in this tie.

5. CelticKurd

Fav Celtic Player:
    Georgios Samaras
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony and Willie Maley
    Legia Nazis are playing poorer domestically, they had a really good start to their season but are now struggling a bit.

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 15, 2015
  6. JC Anton Get yer, hats, scarfs badges & tapes

Aye think they lost a couple of decent players in the window too, but they were on fire when we met them and that's the level we need to be at next season at that early stage of the season.

7. CelticKurd

Fav Celtic Player:
    Georgios Samaras
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony and Willie Maley
    I feel so much better then at that time, out squad, team spirit and football is now much better. The game on thursday will show how far Ronnys approach has been succesful.

8. JC Anton Get yer, hats, scarfs badges & tapes

Aye can't wait for it.:shamrock:

9. dannymac1888

Really looking forward to this now think this will be best atmosphere since Juve last 16 gem but hopefully not a damp squib this time

10. dannymac1888

Anybody heard about Izzy being suspended for this. somebody mentioned it on FB

11. honda Gold Member Gold Member

I'd be happy knowing were still in with a massive chance going into the away leg. Don't want another juve

12. Random Review

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jinky (ever) Lubo (modern era), KT (current)
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields of Athenry
    Play him anyway. What's the worst that can happen?

13. Clint Eastwood The Good Bad and Ugly of TC

Where we are now and where we were vs Legia/Maribor is not even comparable. The team was nowhere near ready in those two fixtures, we were still in the process of Ronny trying to embed his style upon the players and we hadn't got a settled squad at that stage either.

There's nothing really to learn from, had Ronny got the squad and form of our current team back then it would have been a completely different story. I mean in just a few weeks since those disappointments we got draw against Salzburg in Salzburg who're a much better team than Legia and Maribor. It was too early for us back then, it was disappointing but when you look at things now it's almost beneficial that we didn't get into the CL proper because there's no way we'd have still been in that competition after Europe, while the Europa this season has proved to be helpful in terms of our squad developing.

Not trying to segway too much but basically where we are now and where we were back then is a testament to Ronny himself, even though he should never have been judged in July/August anyways. He's not a Tony Pulis or a manager like that who works in terms of just getting results by any means, he's a long-term thinking manager and the board knew this and it's why we appointed him. And unfortunately in trying to get where you want to go your beliefs may prove to be your downfall in certain games if the squad is not ready and has not implemented the style sufficiently.

14. Markybhoy

Legia aren't a better side than Inter. This may not be a great Inter team compared to Inter teams of the past but they're not that bad. I think some folk are over exaggerating just how bad Inter are. They still have a more talented squad than we do and it will be a massive achievement if we were somehow to knock them out.

15. PaddyBhoy Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Joos Valgaeren
    Aye, I think a few are going to get a shock when we actually play Inter..

People are making out as if we're playing Scunthorpe.... They're still a good side.

16. Random Review

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jinky (ever) Lubo (modern era), KT (current)
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields of Athenry
    Exactly. We've improved a lot but would people really feel that confident if we were playing Legia again on Thursday? I wouldn't. Yet I have to assume that Inter have a better team than Legia Warsaw.

I remember the last time we played one of the Milan Giants at CP, when they were badly off form and struggling domestically. It ended up being very painful.

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 15, 2015
  17. PaddyBhoy Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Joos Valgaeren
    And I have no idea why out of all the * teams in the world I chose Scunthorpe there.

18. VikingBhoy

Icardi is sick and is not playing today. With a bit of luck he'll need some time to recover...

19. JC Anton Get yer, hats, scarfs badges & tapes

Hard to compare, I'm always cautious when playing European sides and argued that Legia were decent and we shouldn't underestimate them. Inter drew twice with St.Etienne during their group stage. 11th in a poor Serie A shows they are not as good as previous years.

Agree it would still be a massive achievement if we were to advance.

20. JC Anton Get yer, hats, scarfs badges & tapes

I feel people are basing their comparison with Legia(or any of the European sides we've faced this year)and Inter on the size and reputation of the club and not how they have played this season.