1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Intensive driving courses?

Discussion in 'TalkCeltic Pub' started by atmosphere, Feb 1, 2015.

Discuss Intensive driving courses? in the TalkCeltic Pub area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. atmosphere

Anyone have any experience doing intensive driving courses ?

Basically I've done around 20 lessons since 2013 and I really just want a quick refresh before I take my test. I want to get everything wrapped up for around mid April, no reason really for that deadline, would just be ideal.

Just wondering if anyone has ever taking an intensive course and if it's possible to complete around 10-20 hours worth of lessons plus a test all in one month, as some of the driving schools advertise?

And finally if anyone can recommend any good schools who offer intensive courses that would be great, north/west Glasgow area.

Cheers troops.

2. Buster

Been a thread on here before, if your having hourly lessons and have a bad day you've wasted an hour, if its intensive you've wasted a day. Why not take two hourly lessons two or three times a week?

3. atmosphere

Guess I never really looked at it from that perspective before, the waste a day / waste an hour theory.

Cheers buster i'll hunt down the other thread now.

4. Onefootwonder

I'd want to be sure I'd be able to pass my test before committing to a test, but there is no point doing an intensive course if you can't get a test for another 6-8 weeks down the line.

Maybe take a risk and book a test and fit a block of lessons on the build up to that date.

A few of my apprentices have been doing lessons and their wait for a test can be lengthy.

If you've already done 20 lessons, surely you're close to being able to pass?

5. TuffGong

Fav Celtic Player:
    leslie
    Fav Celtic Song:
    big leslie sticks da ball in da netty
    Get your theory out the way then do the intensive.

6. Buster

My son did the intensive, passed at the third time, l'm sure he came in one day and said "he'd never get the hang of it"

My daughter did the two hour lessons and passed first time within 6/7 weeks of turning 17.

Harder to keep your concentration levels up for four and a half days.

7. Buster

The intensive course gives you a test at the end of the week, the course is scheduled round your test.

8. Onefootwonder

Ah, ok. I was wondering how you would get a test date to suit the course, but obviously the course is planned to suit the test.

I'm a bit tipsy and slow tonight.

I'd still probably prefer to do a few shorter lessons each week before a test. You'll be able to break things up a bit better and have time to reflect and concentrate on little bits at each time.

9. celts67

Just checking Ritchies out where I did my HGV and no f----g chance I would pay that for a car intensive course .They are a good school though they do all size veichles you could ask them to do a deal you could phone and speak to an instructor

5 days: Intensive courses are the fastest way possible to learn and gain a full UK car driving licence.
    Note: Modules 1 and 2 must be passed prior to arrival.
    £1075.00
    http://www.ritchiestraining.co.uk/TransportLogistics.asp?p=Driver+Training&ShowPage=586

10. celts67

I did an HGV refresher with Ritchies 1 day 8 hrs cause I hadn't been driving in yrs for a couple of hundred .That was me already passed though .