1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Celtic vs Sevco Sun Feb 1st, 1:30pm, live on BBC

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by ILoveTheCeltic, Nov 28, 2014.

Discuss Celtic vs Sevco Sun Feb 1st, 1:30pm, live on BBC in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Celtic_1967_

Fav Celtic Player:
    Gary Hooper
    Absolutely :56::56::56::56::56::56::56:

2. Pinstripe

* 4 or 5....I want 7 or 8.

3. ILoveTheCeltic

Fav Celtic Player:
    Kieran Tierney
    Could be but I wouldn't put money on it.

Although I expect us to totally dominate the game and rip them apart, they will be sitting very deep, atleast 8 men at the back so there will be little space. Plus the chances we've been missing lately, hitting bar and post for fun and missing superb chances.

If someone gave me £50 to put on a score i'd pick 2-0.

4. Croogle

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Brown
    Fav Celtic Song:
    If we play like we have been, we'll easily put 6+ past them. But then that'd be chaos, they'd end up running onto the pitch. I did think it was ridiculous at first when he suggested it, but you only have to look at what they did in Manchester to see what they're capable of. (even though they supported a different team back them.)

5. Cathairbhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Joe Ledley
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    Scratch my last post..

Huns NOT to score is 13/10

I'm putting the student loan on it.

6. Ciaran_67

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jan Venegoor of Hessilink
    Forster

Lustig
    Virgil
    Jason
    Emilio

Brown
    Mulgrew

Stokes
    Johansen
    Kris

Griffiths if he keeps this form

7. Pinstripe

Theres the chance of that lot causing trouble no matter what the score is, if we do give them a cricket score theres a good chance they will kick off....but also if they do somehow manage to get any sort of result against us then the same could happen, they'd puff out there beer bellies thinking they're top dogs and be out to let everyone know, the polis must be dreading this game.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 23, 2015
  8. Mr Shelby Moderator Moderator Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson. Forever and always.
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Symphony
    This isn't far away now, excitement is getting more and more evident.

On paper we should destroy them, I just hope we live up to that. After seeing Hearts and Hibs demolish them, I have to think how on earth can we * NOT beat them? They aren't even mid-table SPL standard.

9. Pinstripe

I honestly believe if we keep the ball moving with quick passing and movement we will give them a hiding.....if we let ourselves be dragged down to they're standard of football.......lobbing the ball up the park and generally kicking lumps out of each other then we will only be making it more difficult for ourselves.

10. McManus4

Fav Celtic Player:
    Kieran Tierney
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    Do you think Im * stupid? Don't make out I said things when I did nothing of the sort. 'Mix it up a bit' or 'put a shift in' ? Wit are you on about ?

Not wanting to play a guy as our defensive shield who plain as day doesn't fancy a tackle is perfectly reasonable which you fine well know

11. Roy's Keane

Fav Celtic Player:
    Naka
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Four Leaf Clover
    I'm too polite to call you stupid but this "toughening" up of the team to play them is playing right into their hands.

Just because they will resort to hammerthrower tactics doesn't mean we need to "match up" with them for * sake. Someone like Bitton could do more harm to them than any player designed to "put in tackles."

Who is this guy that should play instead to "put in the tackles" in his place then? Mulgrew? Who?

I think it's shocking that an element of fans have now decided to label him a "shitebag." Never mentioned until a few matches ago when he apparently pulled out from a challenge. Now some folk have just decided to bleat it at him like they know what the * they are talking about.

For a player who was MOTM last night when we demolished a team and went back to the top of the league, it's a very curious stance to take. This guy is trying to find his feet, and instead all we get is bile directed at him from a few.

Again, who is this great tackler you would put in his place?

12. StPauli1916 Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Oliver Tebilly
    Fav Celtic Song:
    George and Pop
    Nah.

13. Gundog Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Song:
    Let The People Sing
    Is that zombies retaliation to a sonic attack?

14. Ciaran_67

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jan Venegoor of Hessilink
    Maybe because Biton IS a shitebag? This probably isn't the game to have a lightweight guy who can't tackle, built like a rake, looses runners and doesn't have any attacking qualities. On the other hand Mulgrew will get stuck in and provides an attacking threat and can spread the ball. And he and Brown have the most experience in a game like this.

In conclusion, Mulgrew is better defensively and attacking wise and has the experience. So it's quite evident who I'd choose. No need to get your knickers in a twist:56:

15. CH4 Gold Member Gold Member

Oh hampden in the snow..........

I hope we don't take any prisoners with this new club I want them new huns to go home
    Foaming out the mouth

16. TheHolyGoalie

Fav Celtic Player:
    Artur Boruc
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    He played well against a utterly gash Motherwell team who put little to no pressure on the ball...

The hun game will be played at a frantic pace and there'll be no quarter given physically. I don't think that suits Bitton's game at all.

For a 6ft 5 defensive midfielder he doesn't dominate the midfield physically like a Brown, Wanyama or even Kayal. If you think calling him a bit of a shitebag is 'bile' then maybe you should take up watching bowls or something..

17. KingArtur'1

Just a thought should we consider playing 2 up top against this mob afterall they will have an arctic lorry parked on the 18 yard box or do you think our current system will expose their back 10 enough

18. McKagan

Fav Celtic Player:
    Ralston
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Go home ya huns
    Can't remember if it was on here, but i saw someone comparing Bitton to Lennon, in that he does a good job defensively without flying into tackles all over the place (Lennon probably couldn't get back up again lol) he's good at reading the game, keeping the ball obviously, making interceptions & nicking the ball off people rather than breaking their legs

19. Muddy Waters Banned!

Nerves kicking in, not feeling too confident, we should hump them but have a horrible feeling their players might be up for it more than ours.

20. Murph-E

There's no food involved, they'll not be up for it.