1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

No Progress

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by Sean Daleer, Oct 23, 2014.

Discuss No Progress in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. StPauli1916 Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Oliver Tebilly
    Fav Celtic Song:
    George and Pop
    I look forward to seeing your posts on here at 21.45 on wed then.

2. Hammy89 Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson, McNamara, Moravčík, Boruc and Boyd
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA, Fields Of Athenry and The Celtic Song
    Most of our points have been lucky and when we've dropped points, we've deserved to drop points. That's for Europe and domestically.

I'd give him until the end of the season but I'd be tempted to move him on at Christmas.

The performances have been woeful. 5 wins in 6 is a good record but they've been lucky wins mostly and luck will only carry you so far.

Whenever we've dropped points he hasn't a leg to stand on as the performances merited us dropping points.

If our season continues like this, we'll be lucky to make it out the group, we'll scrape the league and that'll be it. I can't see his tenure being a long one if we see more of the same from RD's reign.

3. Just Kieran Gold Member Gold Member

I wouldn't really say we'v progressed. The club is a completely different one to last year. Last season, we had what many considered a poor season in Europe - reaching the Champions League Group stages.

In the League we were consistent, and dominated the majority of games. A few games where we ground out results, and a few games where we smashed teams.

It was built on a solid defence, and built around the goals of Commons. Last year I felt we were only a centre-half and a few creative/attacking players away from being a decent side in Europe again. Now I feel like we're a manager away.

Still early days for Ronny, and he deserves at least one year to get things right. But I don't think the early signs have been good at all.

4. wulliebad

Well considering some muppets wanted him out right away i think until he has lost the league is fair.
    Really don't want my club turning into a epl sack one a season kind of club.

5. wulliebad

Well we are no longer losing games 4-2 or 2-0 and looking at players paperwork to win games.:50:

6. Hammy89 Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson, McNamara, Moravčík, Boruc and Boyd
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA, Fields Of Athenry and The Celtic Song
    completely agree. great post.

7. ulsterscot

It's funny some people say that only for Craig Gordon we would be losing so many games .
    The reason Celtic like every other team plays a goalkeeper and ten out field players is because it is within the rules to play a player who can use his hands etc. Craig is doing the job that he was signed for . He is doing it very well but most of his saves and takes are within the range we would expect him to make . He is not the only reason we have won the games we have won , he has played his part as has many others .

8. TimFloyd Gold Member

Completely agree with this.

I find it so disheartening that after the last 16, like you said we were on the cusp of having a solid side that could of actually have been a small force in Europe.

It's almost as though we took 5 steps forward and then 10 backwards.

9. MagicBallBhoy Gold Member Gold Member

we were a lot better 2nd half after the subs

team for scottish fitbaw
    team for euro fitbaw

but this lack of tempo * man how the * long have we had that problem

neil had a big problem getting the guys to play at the required tempo from the off i just cant get my head around why that is so hard to correct, its baffling

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 25, 2014
  10. SpringburnBhoy

Sack one a season pfft.
    In Chris Suttons book you will find the Foreword By Henrik Larsson.now if you read the second sentence in the first paragraph you will see, "Martin O'Neill had just been appointed manager,my fifth boss in three years at the club".
    As for Ronny and progress-----the football I watched last night was * brutal,ffs it took us over an hour to get a shot on goal while being lucky not to be 2 down.
    Progress---the best defense we've had in years,under Lennon,now at times looks like the Chunnell ffs,Dundee exposed us,Hamilton exposed us,Zagreb should have scored 4 or 5,a dodgy penalty against the mighty Well,another dodgy penalty against St Johnstone seconds after they were denied a penalty,progress my *.

Yes we will win the league,but it won't be because of Ronny.

11. Woody

So now when we have fans not calling for the manager to be sacked they are labelled a 'happy clapper'? Away and * yourself.

12. TimFloyd Gold Member

Such a happy clapper thing to say.

13. SpringburnBhoy

Yip that's progress.:bbpd:

14. SpringburnBhoy

Hey Woody,years ago on another forum I was called a hun for sticking up for a Celtic manager,whit we like.

15. ÉireBhoy93

Fav Celtic Player:
    KT
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Ninetoes
    Obviously I'm not going to try and say that we are playing amazing this season because I know we're not, but, hypothetically speaking, if we got to say the Europa League last 16, won the league and 1 of the cups, but while still playing * and grinding out wins against average teams, would people still want Ronny sacked?

Genuine question.

16. seanleflem

A very good question EireBhoy93, really goes to the heart of it.
    I personally would , not because I'm a rabid sack the manager man, but throiughout my life Celtic have given me some of the greatest times I've ever had, I want them back.

17. WolfOfParkhead

Fav Celtic Player:
    All about the collective
    Yes because whats the chances we can grind out results in the champions league. Highly unlikely I would say.

18. Soul Rebel

Fav Celtic Player:
    Commons/Sammy/Ledley
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony & Toy Town
    As opposed to our chances of running rings around Barca and co? :56: All we ever do is grind out results in the Champions League.

19. WolfOfParkhead

Fav Celtic Player:
    All about the collective
    I dont see any average teams like astra giurgiu in the cl and if that's the kind of team that we are grinding out results against. We are * come augast next year.

20. Soul Rebel

Fav Celtic Player:
    Commons/Sammy/Ledley
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony & Toy Town
    Tell me the last time we cruised to a champions league win? Could probably include a lot of the qualifiers in that. Apart from Clifton, which in itself was a bit of a grind, I cant remember any recent cl performances that we did anything but grind through.