1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Celtic vs Hamilton (Sun Oct 5th, 1pm k.o).

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by greengrocer, Oct 3, 2014.

Discuss Celtic vs Hamilton (Sun Oct 5th, 1pm k.o). in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. DonTimCorleone

willie garner scored 2 own goals on his debut. Just because ambrose is better than all these * players doesnt mean hes worth 20grand a week. The sooner we * him off the better. he can take johanson with him.

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 5, 2014
  2. Soul Rebel

Fav Celtic Player:
    Commons/Sammy/Ledley
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony & Toy Town
    But everything on the pitch went well except for putting the ball in the net, other than coming on himself and scoring the absolute sitters that Guidetti, Stokes, Commons and Griffiths missed what could he do about that? The set pieces have been a disgrace for as long as I can remember, but again, other than coming on and taking them himself what can Deila do about that?

We didn't play * at all, we created more goal scoring opportunities today than any match I can remember in recent weeks. Some of the football we played was quality just Commons and Stokes either tried to do too much or * up everything that came their way.

Subbing Guidetti was a strange decision, but the rest of what you said is bollocks, as far as I'm aware Scepovic was injured and not on the bench, so the only striker he could bring on was Griffiths and that's what he did. Did you leave at half time or something?

3. WolfOfParkhead

Fav Celtic Player:
    All about the collective
    When was the last time we lost a league game at home before today must have been the 1-0 defeat to inverness in 2012. * devastating if so quite a run we had.

Yip 24th November 2012 was the last time we had been beaten at home 1-0 to Inverness since then we went 34 unbeaten at home in the league until today

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 6, 2014
  4. LoveTheTic88

Scepovic was on the bench. We only used 2 substitutes.

Both substitutes were like for like swaps, Tonev for Wakaso and Griffiths for Guidetti, even though we were 0-1 down at the time.

Woeful.

5. JamesM09

He didn't need to swap like for like and stick with the formation.

For example, he could've took a midfielder off and brought on Griffiths thereby playing 2 up front.

Instead he took off Guidetti for Griffiths. Which rightly made people angry.

6. Tulf

I personally think we just had one of those days were nothing would go in.

Look at the chances we had, we could have won the game by at least a couple.

7. Scullybhoy Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Easy Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA
    Biggest issue for me is not the current league position but the fact that we appear to be regressing back to Rangers level as they progress to ours.

We should be moving into a different stratosphere to them but we appear to be in a holding pattern waiting for them.

Fecking criminal in my mind.

8. Jack Torrance Heeeeeere's Johnny! Gold Member

Been a problem all season- not been clinical enough.

But we also could have conceded another few if Hamilton had been more composed.

9. richardm

Fav Celtic Player:
    Mcgrain
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    A few times today I noticed quite a bit of negative body language in some of our players, I really think something fundamental is not right at the moment and it doesn't seem to be a big secret that some do not have much respect for Ronny.

Morale and spirit is key, we saw that today from an excellent wee team in Hamilton, we seem to have little of it right now and no direction and no understanding of exactly what type of game we are trying to play, some of the play and positions certain players were taking was baffling, Van Dijk playing up front towards the end when we still had Scepovic on the bench and only 2 used...I could go on and on

What's Collins input in all this? It's not all Ronnys doings

10. richardm

Fav Celtic Player:
    Mcgrain
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    That particular cliche has been rolled out way too many times this season and it's only the beginning of October.

* tactics, one up front and * strikers like Stokes play a bigger part than "yet another one of those days" in my view

11. Tulf

How else do you describe the number of chances we had and the fact we never scored?

Stokes has been clinical enough in the last few seasons, Guidetti is a brilliant player, and Griffiths is a superb finisher. We had enough on the pitch to take at least a couple of the chances we created.

12. Hilairea

Fourtythree unbeaten at home? And precisely the day I travel through half of europe to see them they lose. What a pity!
    But you all have to be aware of one thing. Celtic ist blessed with 45 titles in their championship. The league has seen 99 titles for teams from Glasgow. The league is quite boring isnt it. Its lamenting on a very high level. The Rangers are in the dust and you won the last years championship with dozens of points in advance. So one defeat is not the end of the world. Give your manager the time to strenghten the team for europe.

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 6, 2014
  13. Lecs

Skepovic was on the bench, so dont talk pish. You are either at the wind up or pished. We played *, if you are happy to accept that and call it unlucky then I don't even know what to say

14. richardm

Fav Celtic Player:
    Mcgrain
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    Stokes and clinical are not 2 words most Celtic fans would use in the same sentence.

It's clear you think this team is ok and that's your call....I have paid enough money and seen enough this season already to know that something is badly wrong and to say the team is pish is being polite.

Other than Dundee Utd at home I see nothing from this season that would make anyone think we are on the right road.

That yesterday felt just like the end of the Mowbary era and the mass of empty seats suggest the masses are reacting in the same way.

15. Soul Rebel

Fav Celtic Player:
    Commons/Sammy/Ledley
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony & Toy Town
    The last bit I was wrong about the rest of it you were wrong about :50: He was coming back from injury though so maybe that's why he wasn't brought on.

16. green-yin

not on the deila out bandwagon yet but my patience is wearing thin our next 3 games are crucial to ronnys future here....away to county home to astra and home to killie we really need 3 convincing wins on the board i would think

17. dbhoy72

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Willie Maley
    Bold words mate.

18. Verrix

Fav Celtic Player:
    McGrory
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA & Fields
    Unglücklich, unser Fans haben kein Geduld... Willkommen nach Glasgow, auch; ich hoffe dass Du es genossen has!

19. Verrix

Fav Celtic Player:
    McGrory
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA & Fields
    :smiley-laughing002:

20. Silenzio

Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    :icon_mrgreen: :50: