1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

John Guidetti.

Discussion in 'Ex Players' started by Liam Scales, Sep 9, 2014.

Discuss John Guidetti. in the Ex Players area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Vertie Auld

At no point has he shown any interest in extending his stay at Celtic - he put off contact talks - and he's rarely shown the makings of a top striker. He had one good goal scoring run but for the most part he's been petulant, lazy and self-centered.

It's an opportunity to stick the boot into the club though, eh?

2. og1

Fav Celtic Player:
    McGeady
    The deal would pay for itself many times over if we qualify for Europe. If we lack the firepower and fail to qualify then what? Paying a man 30k a week who scores goals in Europe is value for money.

3. Officer Doofy Come to me, human man Gold Member

I know, I'll be glad to see the back of him. Rotten attitude.

4. Officer Doofy Come to me, human man Gold Member

Guidetti has lacked firepower for 6 months.

5. Vertie Auld

He isn't starting ahead of Griffiths.

Again, you're rather missing the point that he, himself, has made it abundantly clear that he has and had no intention of staying here.

6. og1

Fav Celtic Player:
    McGeady
    The directors of the PLC are not the club and never will be no matter how much support they get from internet hipsters. The death of a certain football club has warped some of our own. People are happy with stagnation and mediocrity as long as we never get liquidated. Sad times when who are accused of putting the boot into the club for wanting them to buy a striker who will likely be brilliant for us.

7. Keano88

:rofl:

8. Officer Doofy Come to me, human man Gold Member

Uck * off.

9. wulliebad

Your forgetting the fact the guy clearly does not want to be here.....first it was not about the money.....then it was back to holland, and now they have seen sense he is off to the next club on his list.
    What happend to his big love for feynord.....the guy only cares about one thing.......his bank balance and it would be a big mistake for celtic to break the wage structure for a none scoring self important child who would be looking for the exit every time the transfer window opened.

10. og1

Fav Celtic Player:
    McGeady
    Failure to qualify for the CL is a lot more expensive than giving a proven goalscorer a decent contract.

I have no problem with any worker trying to maximize his wages.

Why do you not hold VVD with the same contempt then? He has openly stated that he will move on.

This situation was handled badly on our end but I think that John should not have taken the huff either. Irregardless I am certain that a happy John Gudetti on a long term contract would be better than what we will end up with and the point is to make our team the best it can possibly be.

11. Keano88

So you want us to shell out 30k a week to a guy who can't get in the team before Griffiths, who himself is probably on about 3 times less:97:

Second choice striker, highest earner.. sounds good:50:

12. jamiebhoy67

Kind of agree with a few points but your backing the wrong player we should show ambition to sign players who can take us to the next level and Guidetti is not that player he might well have been but he's wanting to run before he can walk lettin his ego get the better of him. But i agree there is a wee bit of a stagnation since they died we should be spending the money on the right player jordan Rhodes Shane long etc these players cost money but we do have the funds for these players if we paid top dollar but we won't . That being said I'm excited for next season ronnie seems to be taking us in the right direction and i do think his way will pay dividends in the coming years so your comment about no ambition is off the mark in the sense we are building something that will make us a force within Europe and dominate this country

13. og1

Fav Celtic Player:
    McGeady
    The maximum we could offer would be 30k per week. Over 4 years that is £6.25M. Bump up the signing on fee to an even £7million.

I am deliberately high balling these figures to show how absurd the argument is that we cant afford him.

We could pay him 7m over 4 years and let him leave on a bosman and we would still get our moneys worth out of him.

The likeliest scenario though is that he would be sold for profit meaning that he wouldnt cost the club a penny in net spend

14. og1

Fav Celtic Player:
    McGeady
    We need to sign quality to make sure we get better it is as simple as that. I would take Long and Rhodes in a heartbeat but I am realistic. I know we would never fork out the money required.

See my other post about how much John would cost.

I would bet on it that we will be worse off next season up top. I will gladly eat my words if I am wrong but I wont be.

15. Mr Shelby Moderator Moderator Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson. Forever and always.
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Symphony
    Shame.

Really thought he could have been something here. Could still go elsewhere and do the business but suppose we have to look at other options.

16. Jozo The Provo

Fav Celtic Player:
    Brown
    Fav Celtic Song:
    celtic symphony
    Don't think Rhodes would be good enough for Europe with his style Long would be great for us be he wouldn't score anywhere enough goals domestic or European rather Griffiths right now ahead of them two as for Guidetti * him he's had his chance and blew it no player is bigger than the club

17. Mr Shelby Moderator Moderator Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson. Forever and always.
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Symphony
    Rhodes and Long are non-starters, dunno why they are being brought up. However they would both be more suited to us in Europe than Griffiths. Not to mention the fact Rhodes would run riot up here domestically. The word prolific was invented for strikers like him.

18. Random Review

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jinky (ever) Lubo (modern era), KT (current)
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields of Athenry
    Couldn't care less TBH. Cheery bye.

19. Samurai Bhoy

I'm sure I read somewhere that he has agreed terms with Sporting Lisbon for around 40,000 per week and a 2.5 mil sign on fee.
    Can't remember where I read it but it could be bullshit!?

20. Lanz

"I don't think he knows himself what he wants to do," said Deila. "It's not like I need to know because I'm making my plans anyway. We are planning without him.

"We are very calm with the situation. If he wants to stay at Celtic, he needs to come to me and say he wants to do it. If not we have to move on and try to get somebody else.

"I said to him in February that the offer was being taken away now and he has to tell us if he's changed his mind."