1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

"Celtic are slow, play down the wings"

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by NyköpingCelt, Aug 19, 2014.

Discuss "Celtic are slow, play down the wings" in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. ttj

There is plenty of Legia supporters across Poland. Legia has fans all over the place and i wasnt suggesting that Glasgow is your capital but as a big club it surely is disliked all over Scotland. I know for a fact they dont like you in Aberdeen and they were kinda * when i was cheering for Boruc while sitting next to them at Aberdeen v Celtic game. Most of them dislike huns more tho.

2. AwesomeCaz

Fav Celtic Player:
    Rogic
    Celtic are hated all across Scotland based on jealousy you are correct.

However Legia will now be hated in Poland for bringing shame and embarrassment to the Polish people, this wass your best chance in I believe 19 years to qualify for the CL groups and you threw it away through sheer stupidity.

No other Polish fans will ever let you live that down - just like Celtic fans will never let huns forget that their original club got liquidated.

3. ttj

Well. They hated us long before Celtic :) It wasnt our best chance by far. We were through (for a day :icon_mrgreen:) to playoff same as last year and in 2006 and 2002.

And as far as the whole embarrassment goes. Out players smashed :shamrock:Celtic:shamrock:. One blonde * made a mistake. I really dont see a reason to be embarrassed to be honest. If anything i am proud of our team that played well in this tie.

I was embarrassed when our fans destroyed half of Vilnus in 2007 or when they made some racist banners back in 90's but thats a diffrent story.

By the way. You wont meet 2 many Legia fans in Scotland :) since most of our immigrants (like 99%) is not from Warsaw.

4. ttj

They are those bitter * that got beat down in Warsaw in march after starting some * in their stand. They are known as Jagiellonia.rar since then. Google it :)

5. CelticBhoyDavid

Fav Celtic Player:
    Would have to be King of Kings, Henrik Larsson.
    Fav Celtic Song:
    I'm not picky.
    The huns have never been one for obeying the rules or agreeing with with things when done right though. That's why they went bust :icon_mrgreen:

6. ILoveTheCeltic

Fav Celtic Player:
    Kieran Tierney
    Sion fans werent even 1% as bitter as the Legia. I cant even mind seeing one on here.

7. Random Review

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jinky (ever) Lubo (modern era), KT (current)
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields of Athenry
    That's because Sion intentionally fielded ineligible players, they had no one to blame but themselves; The Legia thing is different.

Frankly, I understand their bitterness, it was a very unfair decision, just wish they realised we had nothing to do with it and go and be bitter at UEFA, who are the ones that deserve it.

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 20, 2014
  8. Heisenberg

Sion don't have as big a fanBase either

9. ulsterscot

Legia fans are very bitter and I think I understand why .
    Legia fans have a good knowledge of Scottish Football and they know that for decades Celtic have been cheated by a team from Govan with the full backing of the SFA .
    Legia committed a very minor offence compared to all the other offences committed by the Govan club, yet UEFA refused to allow them to get away with it . Legia fans thought that on account of Celtic suffering rampant dishonesty they would appeal to UEFA to let Legia off.

10. Random Review

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jinky (ever) Lubo (modern era), KT (current)
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields of Athenry
    I doubt Legia fans give a flying proverbial about that lot. I imagine they're even more of an irrelevance in Poland than they are in Scotland.

Surely they're bitter because they should be playing Maribor for a chance to reach the CL and UEFA * them over with a ridiculously disproportionate punishment for an admin error. I'd be bitter if it happened to us.

Thing is, as I said, can they please go and moan at UEFA because it's got * all to do with us and it's really annoying that we're still having to defend our name weeks later. Why say to Maribor that all Poland are behind them as if we somehow deserve punishment for UEFA's actions.

Plus, no offence to their fans, but this is a massive game for us and talking about this kills the buzz IMO.

Edit: to be fair I realise that this was brought up again by one of your players shooting his mouth off in the press rather than by your fans coming on here, so my post may have been a bit harsh.

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 20, 2014
  11. Dziekanowski

Fav Celtic Player:
    Shunsuke Nakamura
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Four Leaf Clover
    Thats one of the funniest things ive seen in ages haha :smiley-laughing002::smiley-laughing002:

12. marti~bhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson & Nakamura
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA
    Legia are amateurs, just fill out your forms.

13. saltire78

This... 100% :50:

14. PaulM1888 Moderator Moderator Gold Member

I've seen you say this numerous times now. What could be fairer than a punishment being dished out 100% as per the rule book and following a precedent that had been set more than once previously?

Absolutely nothing 'unfair' about it.

15. Daver

Fav Celtic Player:
    Kyogo. A phenomenon
    Agree 100% - it's not "unfair" - it's application of rules that, as a result of their lack of discretion in terms of interpretation, remain foolishly written.

I would, for one, applaud a re-write to allow discretion in a similar case moving forward. But at present, it doesn't exist, so UEFA make the only decision they can and Celtic quiet rightly - like every other * Club, no matter how many supposed saints of the football world have crept out of the gutter in recent weeks - refused to go out of their way to do themselves up the * in terms of a potential £20M+ to aid some simpletons who canna read properly.