1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Part of Stadium Closed Off

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by shadehoop, Aug 18, 2014.

Discuss Part of Stadium Closed Off in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. shadehoop

Not sure if this has been answered in the past but if I remember correctly sections 416-419 have been shut off and covered up with that "Club Like No Other" banner. I didn't get along to as many games last season but it was definitely there for the Karagandy and Aberdeen Scottish Cup match. Was it there for all games last season? Also will it be there a week tomorrow as there's less tickets on general sale and I don't see any seats available in those sections

2. shendr18

Thought karagandy was a sell out?

3. LeetabiX. Guest

Nope, big banner was there

4. rory_90

Fav Celtic Song:
    The Celtic Symphony
    It's still there. Think the purpose is for, when the game isn't a sell out, to ensure that the crowd isn't dispersed as much as it would be otherwise and to cut costs by not having to steward it and open up the food kiosks etc.

If there's demand then they'll open up the section on a game by game basis (i.e. they'll open it up for the Maribor game if they sell out the rest of the ground).

5. eire4

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson

Yes I would imagine your spot on there. Hopefully with a decent perfroamnce and result on Wednesday we can sell out for the return game against Maribor next week.

6. Celticswede

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    It will probably unfortunately be there for the Maribor game I'd imagine...

7. CH4 Gold Member Gold Member

CL games and the next sevco game it will be open

8. GodBlessJinky

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    Defo some irony covering up thousands of seats with a banner celebrating how special we are lol. The amount of pretend gloryhunting fans in the Glasgow area if a fraction of them decided to give their club money rather than just their opinion them that banner would not exist.

9. H67

Fav Celtic Player:
    All Who Wear The Hoops.
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony.
    You can't blame guys for not going anymore if they have payed ££££ over the years and been treated like *, or see how the club is now run. Every club has the same problems, Celtic are only in to money now or so it seems.

10. NyköpingCelt

Not a fan of them closing it. If anything, that's where the family section should be.

11. Cena Never Give Up Gold Member

There would be demand if they opened it though as currently it's impossible to get seats together in most parts of the ground

12. TheHappyLoss

Think if we're in with a good chance after the away leg in Slovenia we may open up that part of the ground. Think after all the * with Legia the interest is even bigger in this game. Hope so anyway :celt_2:

13. Mystic Penguin

Fav Celtic Player:
    Samaras
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Amhrán na bhFiann
    Surprised they haven't covered the Green Brigade section with one of their cunty slogans.

14. cat123

Fav Celtic Player:
    Tom Rogic
    Fav Celtic Song:
    The Fields Of Athenry
    They wouldn't need to cover some of the seats if they sold the tickets at reasonable prices. It's too expensive now for the normal working person. It's about £70 minimum to go to the game, transport, food and couple of drinks.

15. -Stuart-

I find that strange, there's always plenty empty seats, even Saturday I was surprised at the low turnout. Wonder If it's season tickets who don't go to games which makes it hard for two seats together

16. Cena Never Give Up Gold Member

It must be that as if you go to the game it's normally easy to move to empty seats but when you go on the ticket website there's only certain sections where you can get two together

17. ulsterscot

I wonder how many of the Celtic supporters who actually attend games live within 35 miles of the stadium .
    I wouldn't think £70 is too dear for transport, alcohol , food especially when you throw in a Celtic match as well.
    I wish!!

18. AnnoniOnAnawNoo

Fav Celtic Player:
    Rogic
    70 pound is dear to attend a football game in anyones money in my opinion.

19. ronan1888

I used to live in Glasgow. All I paid was for price of a ST/match ticket.

I now live in Edinburgh. I pay for fuel (£10) and a match ticket. You don't need to spend loads on alcohol and food if you don't want to.

20. buckfastceltic

Well me and my many gloryhunting friends from Glasgow can't afford to go to most games as we need to work most weekends to make a living to feed our families.
    Yet we still manage to live and breath Celtic, buy the jerseys ect. If it wasn't for the Glasgow supporters (that do or don't go to games) Celtic wouldn't be the same.