1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Can you blame anyone for leaving?

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by Rendog, Aug 17, 2014.

Discuss Can you blame anyone for leaving? in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. wulliebad

That is whats to blame for celtic losing players as soon as they hear of a offer to play in the epl.

* league...* money...* players....and we win it by 25+ points last year and this year and the year after.

The club can only do so much...if players want to go what can they do....????
    You think the answer is paying 30-40k per week and going back into debt to the tune of 20 million.

Every single fan wants star signings and making headway in the CL but its time to accept until something changes the club does not have the money.

Yes we have made big money the last 2 years but that's all it is....2 years and the club has spent it.

2. Captain_Mjällby

Fav Celtic Player:
    Big Maj
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic symphony
    Not really, we show no ambition tbh...

3. FinnyBhoy#7

Say what you want about 'Awsome Caz' but the guy imo talks a lot of sense. I find myself constantly agreeing and nodding my head with near enough everything he posts as I read it. It's really just his views on Scott Brown that I disagree with but you're never going to agree with someone on everything. Anyway, the guy is generally spot on and knows what he's talking about.

The same goes for 'Koke' who is about the most sensible poster I've came across on here by a long shot.

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 17, 2014
  4. Random Review

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jinky (ever) Lubo (modern era), KT (current)
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields of Athenry
    [​IMG]

5. AwesomeCaz

Fav Celtic Player:
    Rogic
    i'm gonna have to take offence to that.

Sitting here raging.

6. Random Review

Fav Celtic Player:
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields of Athenry
    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oYOZ3IzRaf4"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oYOZ3IzRaf4[/ame]

7. ulsterscot

AwesomeCaz the little bit of reputation you may held by some weirdos on this board has been shattered by the nod of approval by Tony Watt's Finneybhoy who has crept out from behind the sofa having found the Dundee UTD game too much for him. AwsomeCaz you say you like the club but not the board . I try supporting the whole club as they are interwoven and depend on each other .
    Don't be so naive Ledley and Sammy , two players I liked at Celtic tried to use the Celtic fans to put pressure on the Celtic Board to increase their valuation of the players . The decent Celtic minded players like Lustig Ambrose Izzy etc like the board conducted their contract in private .
    It has to be said that footballers who put money first will seek to get to the EPL .
    Footballers who want to develop and enhance their careers will always think twice .
    Larsson was clever enough to realise that the Celtic management , team and players made him a better player , possibly than by moving . When he finally moved , he didn't move to money inflated EPL but to Barca. If Hooper had the same football nous as Larsson he would have realised the like of Norwich were not going to use him as main striker every game . Hooper's reputation and name has been tarnished. .

8. JamesM09

We can't blame them for leaving for the EPL. We advertise ourselves as 'the club that gets you into the EPL'. Players use us a shop window and the more players that leave us for big money moves down there, the more it will happen. We made Forster's career, he played brilliantly for us and made us millions. Cracking piece of business.

I remember Mo Bangura saying he'd only be at Celtic a year before he would be in the EPL. Others might not say it but they're definitely thinking that's their plan.

You can come to Celtic, get some medals, a Champions League run and a big move to England. That works well for us. One day, when league are reformed, the situation will change and we could become one of the rich clubs.

In the mean time, we should keep this up. Keep investing in the club, build a fitness and improvement philosophy that transcends managers, develop the best British youth players and keep taking the high fees from the English.

9. Roy's Keane

Fav Celtic Player:
    Naka
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Four Leaf Clover
    Brilliant post mate :50:

Aye, I remember Bangura saying that too - before he had even kicked a ball for us :56::56::56:

10. Biggie Smalls

Fav Celtic Player:
    Kris commons
    Ate but now he's being paid a * load of money to play in * wee half empty stadiums against * players. :smiley-laughing002:

11. Random Review

Fav Celtic Player:
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields of Athenry
    Sammy never said a word during negotiations. He only told us on the last day that he hadn't been offered a contract. That has nothing to do with wanting to use us to put pressure on the board and everything to do with wanting us to know that he wanted to stay.

Personally I rather like Caz and don't think less of him because of Finneybhoy's amusing attempts at starting a new clique.

12. Babsybhoy1888

Mate go write into google, fraser Forster I want to play in England it's an interview from 2013 where he clearly states he wants to play in England. Your completely clueless if the 70k wages and playing in England wasn't the only reason he left. You say major downsizing not one player you mention cost more than blade or pukki the only difference is they came good, it's your Donald Duck if you get a wanyama for 1m and turn him into a 12m player. Please tell me who you would have signed to replace these players, without spending crazy money?

13. JamesM09

It was at that moment I knew: We'd * up. :smiley-laughing002::smiley-laughing002::31:

14. Random Review

Fav Celtic Player:
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields of Athenry
    I work matchdays at one of those "* wee half empty stadiums" he'll be visiting. It holds nearly 40k and has an average attendance of about 20k in a bad year, 25k in a good one. No club in Scotland can match that apart from ourselves and Sevco. We only get about 30k a match ourselves if police figures are to be believed.

15. Cena Never Give Up Gold Member

I'm curious as to what stadium you work in now:56:

16. ulsterscot

Sammy said several times that he was going to sign a contract .

Finneybhoy isn't a Celtic supporter, he had a very close friend who played a few times .

17. ulsterscot

Sammy said several times that he was going to sign a contract .

Finneybhoy isn't a Celtic supporter, he had a very close friend who played a few times . You like Caz , enough said .

18. Koke

Koke, Caz and Finny

Ain't nobody * wit us :smoke:

19. wulliebad

[​IMG]

20. H67

Fav Celtic Player:
    All Who Wear The Hoops.
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony.
    Nope