1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

[Cross Platform] FIFA 15

Discussion in 'Computers and Gaming' started by bogsidebhoy67, Aug 11, 2014.

Discuss FIFA 15 in the Computers and Gaming area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Celticswede

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    Yeah, I agree with you. Not that I would do it! :fear:

2. Crutesie10

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Aiden McAnespie
    Seasons all the way.

Santos arent in fifa 15 btw none of the brazil league is.

Some other decent teams within their class, lyon, hull city, schalke.

Cant understand why people want to play with real madrid game after game

3. muffitO'tea

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo
    Never found fifa so hard before.

Can't get past division 5 on season. Been going back and forth between there and 7th :smiley-laughing002:

4. Dallas Cowbhoys

Would never spend money on UT. One of my mates spent a tenner last year. We know someone else who spends about 30/40 quid. Don't know anyone else who has.

Lose to some guy who has.....only lost cos he's a saddo who spent money on packs.

Beat some guy who has....even better.

Face the same Bundesliga teams in higher up divisions and the aforementioned pacey players enough times but still more enjoyable than seasons imo.

Prefer the whole project of building teams, as opposed to only just hovering around the same two divisions.

Hover around divisions in UT, then you just eventually buy better players.

I know you won't face Santos anymore and maybe you do face different teams these days but it wasn't like that for me on Fifa 12 when I last played it.

5. OMcG25

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson, Naka, Sammi
    Doumbia is lethal! Had a game of ut there which I won 11-3. Doumbia got 7!

6. Mystic Penguin

Fav Celtic Player:
    Samaras
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Amhrán na bhFiann
    I honestly think this is the worst FIFA in years.

7. PeeKay Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    Playerd 5 games on FUT today, lost three drew two in division 6.

It just seems the keepers positioning is absolutely *! Any shot from 25 yards out with the right height goes sailing over my keeper and in, as he is stood 6/7 yards out.

Really starting to * me off now this game.

8. Bethol McG 1916

Fav Celtic Song:
    Boolavouge
    The team I bought yesterday

[​IMG]

9. GMS

My teams atm.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Also got El Shaarway, Iturbe and Palacio.

Saving up for Tevez, Cuadrado, Marchisio and Chiellini

10. Student12

Not everyone with a decent team has spent money though. I didn't spend a penny last year, yet my team was amazing. Mainly because I saved my coins for packs and got an 88 Hazard - which I sold for a lot.

11. Bethol McG 1916

Fav Celtic Song:
    Boolavouge
    Get the IF Tevez he's class :50:

12. Roy's Keane

Fav Celtic Player:
    Naka
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Four Leaf Clover
    Of course you're correct here. However, some people have. And some people have spent a LOT of money.

And these people will tend to be advantaged over players who don't spend money. As soon as that happens (people paying to get an advantage) then it's not on.

At the end of that day, if people understand this and STILL want to play, then that's their prerogative.

The thing is, this "PAY2WIN" model is becoming more prevalent in today's gaming landscape and, surprise surprise, EA is usually at the very heart of it.

It's not enough to shell out £50 a year for the game itself, they must play on people's desperation to succeed so much that they will pay for it. It's exploitation imo, pure and simple.

EA funnel people into a mode with all the sparkly best players and shiny stuff and essentially put them a position where's it's very tempting to pay cash to participate in a meaningful way.

They even released a classy FUT dlc world cup mode for FIFA 14. I couldn't resist and started up a team. I got some decent players and was getting a bit hooked. And then, despite being a decent player and winning more than my fair share of games, all my players contracts started running down and I didn't have enough contracts to sign them back again.

So my choices were, play * players instead or....pay.

They ain't * stupid, I will give them that.

Something like Minecraft does it right. They make absolute bucketfuls of cash by selling dlc like skin packs and themes but the crucial element is that those things are purely aesthetic, they don't give any advantage in game apart from looking nice.

Sorry to everyone who plays FUT if I'm coming on like a bit of a *. The PAY2WIN model attract lot's of criticism in the gaming community and with good reason imo.

If we encourage it, the more companies will charge people to be advantaged in games, and they we're all royally *.

Fair play to you for not spending money and succeeding though :celt_2: :shamrock:

13. Student12

Yeah, it is annoying how the easiest way to be the best is to spend.

My mate spends a lot of money on it, he has 5 teams - La Liga, Seria A, BPL, "Pace team" and a Brazilian team - all of which are full of expensive players.

I used to love Manager mode on FIFA, but it looks like FIFA now plough all their time and money into Ultimate Team as it's the money maker.

I've also noticed that the FIFA players that upload to YouTube (KSI etc) always seem to get Ronaldo, Messi and countless in forms. Might just be a coincidence, but when people see that, it makes them want to buy packs, I sometimes wonder if EA deliberately gives them good packs.

14. Mr Shelby Moderator Moderator Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson. Forever and always.
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Symphony

They spend RIDICULOUS amounts on the game though, purely because they can afford to and it is afterall their job to play Fifa.

For example guys like ITANI and Bateson who review the best players need to put the coins on and buy thousands of packs in order to afford these players. Bateson had about 800,000 fifa points in one video I seen, bear in mind 4400 is £32.

Once they get these players they get hundereds of thousands of views therefore making their money back and getting more sponsorship.Jammy *.

KSI is a * as well isn't even a good FIFA player yet gets by far the most views, every vid he puts up now touches close to 2m.

15. Bonobhoy

I'm enjoying seasons..with celtic... First time I have ever played any other mode rather than 1 on 1 online single match.... Actually enjoying it.. Harder than I thought..

So UT is different as you trade buy and sell players..but you can't take that team into seasons mode?

16. Officer Doofy Come to me, human man Gold Member

Ultimate Team is like a whole new game.

You can buy players off a transfer market which other players have put up for sale, or you can try your luck with packs. You can build multiple squads but you have to take into account chemistry. If you made a full Celtic team and every player was in their correct position then your team would have 100 chemistry. But if you were to make a team of 6 different nationalities, all playing in different leagues then your chemistry would be very low - and low chemistry hinders your team.

And UT has seasons in it, both online and offline. Same with tournaments.

It's a great mode, really the only reason I play FIFA.

17. Roy's Keane

Fav Celtic Player:
    Naka
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Four Leaf Clover
    Aye, I stumbled upon one of his videos the other day and the guy was acting like a COMPLETE * :50:

What chance have our kids got if * absolute fuds like KSI or Pewdiepie are becoming role models for our kids.

To be fair most of the youtubers are acting in the deliberately "zany, off the cuff" way these days.

Thank * you tube wasn't around when I was in my teens or it would just have been a live stream of me sitting alone at night in a children's playpark sniffing PR Spray off my sleeve.

18. Beercules

Played my first 2 games of seasons today and have hit the post 7 times, should be rattling the guys but only winning 1-0 and 2-1.

19. ILoveTheCeltic

Fav Celtic Player:
    Kieran Tierney
    So basically you * about for ages or spend a lot of money trying to build a replica of a team thats already in the game.

20. Bonobhoy

Lol..

I'll gie it a bash..