1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Festival Tips? And Stories

Discussion in 'TalkCeltic Pub' started by PeeKay, Aug 7, 2014.

Discuss Festival Tips? And Stories in the TalkCeltic Pub area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. PeeKay Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    I'm sure many of you on here have been to one or a few festivals. I'm looking for a few tips or for people to share their funny festival stories :icon_mrgreen:

I am breaking my festival duck this year by going to Leeds Fest for four days :50:

So was thinking what tips you could give me in terms of what food to take, how the * do you keep things cold or even cool. What is the best alcohol to take, because I doubt warm/hot/sweaty beer would quench my thirst :99:
    Also what things are essential to take. I obviously got a tent today but was thinking of maybe getting an airbed to put under my sleeping bag.

Any funny/vile stories I'd also like to hear to get me in the mood for going in two weeks.

Much appreciated guys.

2. Cena Never Give Up Gold Member

Not been to any but get there early as the roads around there are * murder when this is on

3. Sean Conghaile

Fav Celtic Player:
    Commons
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Boys Of The Old Brigade
  4. odonno

babywipes essential, find out if theres taps with drinking water there....will save you bringing water (waters for poofs...aye awright ffs)

Never bothered with airbed myself but each to their own...... crisps, a chair, some bananas, some pepperamis, sun cream maybe n a * load a booze and you're good to go!

5. TuffGong

Fav Celtic Player:
    leslie
    Fav Celtic Song:
    big leslie sticks da ball in da netty
    Only festival i've been to is Rock AM Ring in Germany. We bought a few cases of beer and some vodka but ended up buying drinks from the stalls seen as they were cold. Quite cheap over there as well. Never took any food with us either, luckily we were near a wee pub so went for pizza everyday.

No sure the size of Leeds festival but buy a map, we got lost for 4 hours in the pishing rain trying to see Prodigy then trying to find our tent. Wet wipes are good for a wash. Don't steal other peoples tent pegs, we stole a few and came back to our tent and it was demolished haha.

6. odonno

extra socks also, and always wear a spare gleaming white t-shirt incase you go to toilet and forget to take toilet roll/babywipes with you..... bitta flossing with Primarks finest

7. Tim-Time 1888 Always look on the bright side of Life Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Enrico Annoni
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Hail Hail
    Airbed a must or you won't be able to walk in the morning (although thats maybe a age thing) Keep things in the shade , cool box just remember and replace the lid and keep in the shade, If you have just bought a tent have a trial run putting it up in the garden before you get there to make sure all the pegs/parts are with the tent , Tinned foods are a good idea and a stove and gas, there will be food outlets on the site I immagine as well.

8. TimFloyd Gold Member

Plenty of eccies * the rest.

9. faw cough Gold Member Gold Member

Id love to go to Tommorowland

10. WolfOfParkhead

Fav Celtic Player:
    All about the collective
    My brother and my cousin went last year. The lucky *

11. 7bhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    john hartson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    willie maley
    water container torch with new batteries towel soap bog roll condoms wellies sleeping bag waterproof coat as many tins of beer as possible do not take any glass as probably taken off you before you go in,,,have a hearty meal before you go in maybe take some crisps,,i wouldnt bother trying to make sandwiches,,get a supply of rizla and matches,,i wouldnt take any jewellery or mobile phones have a * good time
    i go to loads of festivals fly pitching,,,,if your driving load up your motor with beer,,i get £4 a can all day long,,,i once got a fridge out of a skip,i put the cable under my tent and wrote on it ice cold beer,,one punter complained that it wasnt ice cold,,i said it * was when i put it in,,we used to sell out of date beer and had to use wire wool to get the date off sometimes it didnt work,i remember one punter saying to me i dont ands.i also have a brand new freezer for my own use!!!mind buying out of date beer but 5 * years,,, after i sold out of beer i sold the fridge for £30 to another beer seller,,,,i now have a 24ft tipi and 4 staff and i just sell wristbands oh and i have bought a new fridge for my own use!!!

12. Biggie Smalls

Fav Celtic Player:
    Kris commons
    At the glasgow summer sessions the toilets where murder. No chance of getting to them if you where in the standing area.

The guy next to me was asking folk to clear a path so he could pish. :56:

13. Scullybhoy Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Easy Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA
    * in a cool box!

14. Tim-Time 1888 Always look on the bright side of Life Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Enrico Annoni
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Hail Hail
    You need to get on to Dragons Den :smiley-laughing002::smiley-laughing002:

15. AnnoniOnAnawNoo

Fav Celtic Player:
    Rogic
    Superb story!!

16. AnnoniOnAnawNoo

Fav Celtic Player:
    Rogic
    To the OP:

Basically you want to take as much booze as you can comfortably carry, remember that the campsite is going to be a long way from where you are dropped off so you are going to have to carry it a reasonable distance. I tend to take 1 x 20 pack of beer, 2 bottles of vodka and some mixers. Unfortunately about the only thing you can do to keep your drink cool is keep it in the shade but to be honest if it's a hot weekend it's going to end up warm anyway - just a hazard of the trade I'm afraid. Make sure you take at least 1 waterproof jacket with you and if you can a pair of waterproof trousers, it is the UK so there is a chance you will get rained on the entire weekend. Sensible footwear too - I tend to travel in my trainers and take a pair of wellies with me, only breaking them out if totally necessary. You are going to need a can of deodarant, wet wipes, toilet roll, after shave and depending on your level of grooming some hair product. An air bed is not an essential but believe me when I say you will get a much better sleep if you take one with you. Be prepared for the toilets being absolutely revolting but just suck it up and get on with it man the rest of the festival are using the same shitehole as you!

Take all of the above and you shall be sorted for the weekend. I have been to Leeds before it's a good festival - enjoy Blink 182 I am super jealous.

17. PeeKay Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    Cheers guys for the decent advice :50:

18. Raz

Fav Celtic Player:
    Hooper
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Just Can't Get Enough!
    1x food per day ~ can of cold beans or something simple, waterproofs, baby wipes, wellies, alcohol and money.

Don't go crazy and take too much stuff and the best advice i can give is that no-one will judge any state you get in.. so relax and enjoy :50:

19. The67Sound

My advices:

Don't bother taking food you won't eat it - get stuff from the vans there. Pack your drugs carefully. Bring spare socks cos you never * know! Bin Bags are useful if its wet. Don't be afraid to talk to people, its a festival after all. Send out good vibes and you will get them back. Say yes to everything. Have a great time!