1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Chickens coming home to roost for Desmond and Lawwell........

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by Markybhoy, Jul 30, 2014.

Discuss Chickens coming home to roost for Desmond and Lawwell........ in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Markybhoy

Tonight a few chickens came home to roost for messrs Desmond and Lawwell. If you want to play it cheap and appoint a manager who has little or no experience at this level, and you want to sell all your best players then not replace them, then this is the sort of thing that happens.

* off ya pair of skinflints. You've been sitting on money and selling Celtic fans woefully short for the best part of two years now. I don't blame Ronny Deila for what happened tonight and I'm not even going to point the finger at the players either, even if they were *(which they were).

The men at the top can carry the can for this one. It's been an accident waiting to happen and tonight the board's luck finally ran out. * the lot of yous. Cheapskate * to a man. Hope you'll still be proud of yer pretty balance sheet if we don't turn things round against Legia and I hope you'll be happy in the two thirds empty stadium you'll have on your hands this season if our Champions League campaign ends next week.

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 30, 2014
  2. Dubliner1

When will others wake up and smell the coffee. The fans need to put pressure on these people. A club like ours getting thumped in the 2nd qualifying match is a DISGRACE

3. Twisty Rodgers out !!! Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    Amen.

Every year they talk mince to get folk to renew season tickets, and every year they let all our fans down with their tight fisted balls. Lennon knew this was coming, no wonder he * off.

Anyone defends them after this they need to open their eyes and stop being so easily led by bullshit propaganda by the board.

Sell sell sell.. #beceltic

4. ticketyboo0 Gold Member Gold Member

Seems like the board want to wait and see if we make the CL group stages then spend some money, they got it backwards....should have spent some cash to ensure we reach the group stages!

5. bkk bhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Hard to choose ... different players for different era's
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    So Markybhoy, let me ask you, who would you blame for tonight/s poor performance?

and i want your honest opinion now, no beating about the bush :celt_2:

cmon, out with it man

6. Soul Rebel

Fav Celtic Player:
    Commons/Sammy/Ledley
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony & Toy Town
    I've been saying this for about two years and getting pelters for it everytime. People need to withdraw their financial support from the club as that is the only thing these people care about. Don't renew season tickets, don't buy merchandise, show these * you won't be taken for a mug anymore.

7. James Gold Member Gold Member

Exactly

Absolute joke no doubt Van Dijk or Forster will be off then we will sign some washed up has been to appease fans before the board start hitting us with the "we tried" "we pressed buttons" *.

8. TimFloyd Gold Member

After reaching the last 16 attempts should have been made for sensible investment in the first team to try and kick on and make our presence felt, obviously I'm not talking last 16 every year but to get to the groups and give a fair crack at the whip.

After all the fans are paying hundreds for season tickets or £28 for spl games etc

* the board.

9. frank67

Fav Celtic Player:
    kayal
    We are going no where under this board. Fans spending a fortune on season tickets, new strips ect and getting * all in return. Time for change at board room level.

10. honda Gold Member Gold Member

Were *. Seasons over n the first games no even played. I cant believe it. Ronny sending out players higher and higher with 10 men. Keep it to 1-0 down ffs!!! I want a player clearout, board clear out, manager clear out. Every * gone!

11. Hazer

Time to put serious pressure on the board protests need to happen

12. Sonny Crockett

Fav Celtic Player:
    Alan Stubbs/Jackie Mac
    Fav Celtic Song:
    The Billy Bhoys
    Kentucky fried Delila

13. Glorious1967

This is the first pre season i havent bought the new strips and i wont be, its time for that smug * lawwell to be shown the door.

14. avitar Gold Member Gold Member

regardless of the board we should be getting a better result tonight the players have let the club down.

15. AJ Styles Moussa Dembele's eyes Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Sinclair
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields of Athenry
    Van Dijk's head was away tonight anyway he was rotten same as the rest of them

16. DJ CJ

Fav Celtic Player:
    Wanyama
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let The People Sing
    Not just on the park, fans are getting treated like * off of it, we are being taken for a ride and change is needed.

17. G_portillo

Fav Celtic Player:
    Van Djik
    This had to happen for Lawell to see the error of his ways.

For me the blame doesnt go on the manager, its the serious lack of reinvestment in the squad.

We have brought players like Berget and Macgregor from playing at a lower level and thrown them into a european stage. Those players not being the problem, but im trying to highlight the lack of money being spent.

Again this transfer window we are struggling to bring in players when targets already should have been identified and captured. Have we learned nothing from last summer??

This is the first real competative test we have faced and we have come up very short. Deilas honeymoon period has been brought to a profound end.

18. Markybhoy

Been saying the same for weeks. I don't blame him one bit.

19. CelticKurd

Fav Celtic Player:
    Georgios Samaras
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony and Willie Maley
    * you Lawwell ya * *.

20. James Gold Member Gold Member

Expensive tickets
    Treat your fans like *
    Overpriced merchandise and food
    Virtually no reinvestment in the team

#BeCeltic7