1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Bookies odds for KR Reykjavik v Celtic 1st leg.

Discussion in 'Beat the Bookie' started by scomur1888, Jul 12, 2014.

Discuss Bookies odds for KR Reykjavik v Celtic 1st leg. in the Beat the Bookie area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. scomur1888

From coral

90 minute betting

KR Reykjavik 9/2
    Draw 10/3
    Celtic 2/5

I know it's only a guideline but quite happy to see us so strong a favourite for an away leg.The bookies as you know are never a million miles away so clearly KR Reykjavik aren't rated that highly.

Here's hoping we put this tie to bed on Tuesday night.

2. GodBlessJinky

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    I would love it to be put to bed within the first half an hour I dont need the stress this early in the season thanks lol

3. StPauli1916 Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Oliver Tebilly
    Fav Celtic Song:
    George and Pop
    We're 4-9 with BetVictor.

4. StPauli1916 Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Oliver Tebilly
    Fav Celtic Song:
    George and Pop
    The Bookies had Brazil as favourites to beat Germany last week.

5. Celticswede

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    KR Reykjavik aren't Germany though.:smiley-laughing002:

6. scomur1888

Yeah I know but like I said its a good indicator that the bookies have us so strongly fancied away from home.

If it where Malmo or Stromgodest away we wouldn't have been favourites just shows our draw doesn't appear to be that hard...on paper.

7. ILoveTheCeltic

Fav Celtic Player:
    Kieran Tierney
    How well have Icelandic teams done in Europe in recent years? I havent really notied any of them.

I imagine they will be about the level of St Mirren or Dundee or Partick Thistle, tricky if they catch us cold but they shouldnt beat us at the worst, if we play well we could do them by 3/4. Back "home" we could skelp them, especially if they are a squad not used to traveling for away games, might be unsettled going abroad but then again if we beat them easily away we'll probably stroll through the home game using as little energy as we can.

8. Millerntor

Well two seasons ago we were actually drawn against KR - them and HJK Helsinki whoever won that 2nd round tie. Didn't even need to look into flights to Iceland as HJK beat them 7 (SEVEN)-0 in the first leg.

Last season KR did beat Irish cracks Glentoran in QR1 then lost to Standard Liege 3-1 and 3-1.

Motherwell are playing a currently better Icelandic side on Thursday in the EL - Stjarnan, who beat Welsh wizards Bangor 8-0 on aggregate just there.

The Icelandic press have said KR will be doing well to keep the first leg score down to 2 or 3.

9. ulsterscot

Surely the match odds the bookies give reflect the vast size of the Celtic support and their likely hood to bet compared the very small number betting on the Icelandic team . I think the bookies would prefer no bets on this game .

10. StPauli1916 Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Oliver Tebilly
    Fav Celtic Song:
    George and Pop
    Maybe 20 years ago but not now.The majority of people betting on this game will be pretty ambivalent towards Celtic. With the internet it is so easy to bet with companies from all over the world therefore brit bookies can't just offer short prices on English or Scottish teams. If they did then anyone with a modicum of commin sense would back the Icelandic team with a brit bookie, Celtic with a foreign bookie and get the best price for the draw guaranteeing a profit whatever the result.

11. Shlippery_Shlug

Fav Celtic Player:
    Brown
    Celtic should be too strong for them I like the look of Celtic -1 evens