1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Craig Gordon

Discussion in 'Ex Players' started by Dáibhí, Jul 3, 2014.

Discuss Craig Gordon in the Ex Players area at TalkCeltic.net.

Tags:
  1. Gabriel Beidh an lá linn Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Raphael Scheidt
    If we hadn't of been so lucky we would have got to see how De Vries would have done on a 10 man team. I don't want to depend on refs giving him a break for the rest of the season.

2. ordinaryman

The way BR plays and even when Ronny set up the team, we play a high line, means CG might be called on to come out the box and clear. Am never confident when he does that because I'm just not sure even he knows what he's going to do in that situation. Should have been a red last night, despite what Howard Webb was saying. Can't remember who it was, but am sure he was sent off in Europa a few years ago in similar situation.

3. Random Review

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jinky (ever) Lubo (modern era), KT (current)
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields of Athenry
    Pretty much this.

I imagine he might get done retrospectively for last night anyway.

4. AJ Styles Moussa Dembele's eyes Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Sinclair
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields of Athenry
    He's a better shot stopper so surely he starts against City where he will have plenty raining in on him
    If Brendan wants another 6/7-0 pumping then go with De Vries but with Gordon we'll be in the game for longer

5. Gyp Rosetti Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Rogic
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic symphony
    Cant as it was dealt with on the park, he was shown a yellow so it is unreviewable

6. SloBhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lustig
    Fav Celtic Song:
    The Celtic Song
    Don't think so, it wasn't violent and ref dealt with it during the game by booking him.

7. Random Review

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jinky (ever) Lubo (modern era), KT (current)
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields of Athenry
    I think this too TBH, but I can't see it happening.

8. z1c0

He's much better at * up than DDV, when he stops shots he just flaps in into the danger zone anyway

9. honda Gold Member Gold Member

Better than the back of the net :56:

10. rickyroma25

But on the other hand, if we don't want to gift them a goal with a calamitous * up, go with De Vries.

11. murphy88

I think since Rodgers has come in he is trying too hard to play like a sweeper. He is too eager to come out of his box when a ball is played over the top in my opinion. He had another moment in the send half last night when he should have stayed at home and let Toure give him it back, but instead come rushing out and got too close to Toure and it got scrambled away. People calling for him to get put back in ahead of De Vries need to realise that he wasn't dropped without good reason, and last night showed again why he fell out of favour. De Vries hasn't convinced me yet either, but I'd still play him ahead of Gordon just now.

12. JIMMY VANDAM

Brendan Rogers need to shoulder some of the blame here when it comes to Craig Gordon. He has undermined Gorden by trying to replace him with an inferior goalkeeper, Gordon's confidence must be shot and as a result he is trying too hard and a result of that is the tackle we seen last night.
    Craig is a quality keeper but his form of late has been poor, perhaps a run of games with a settled defence could see a return to form, if not I think we might need to get a real contender come the new year.

13. FrankMcCallum Gold Member Gold Member

There's a reason why he was dropped. He has lived off of his first season. The reality is he's been poor since then but people weren't as quick to judge as he was magnificent when he signed.

Also, I absolutely * hate goalkeepers that blame everyone else bar themselves. He done it last night when he literally hoofed the ball out the park near the end. Trying to deflect the blame from themselves by shouting at others is not the type of person you want playing in your team. It's even more annoying when they shout like a lunatic at the defence for no reason when they save a shot from 20 yards. That's yer job mate.

14. jocksteinupper

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henke
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Willy Maley
    I've gone right off him too but i'm still willing to cut him some slack. He was good in his first year and i think the main reason he went right downhill was because we went from the likes of Virgil and Denayer to Efe and Boyota. * me man, that coupled with the fact that we had no leadership or manager, to speak of, i'm not surprised. No wonder his confidence is shot. It was * keystone cops stuff at the back. Thing is we know he can do it on his day. He also saved the pen in Israel.

Problem is, it's hard to judge DDV yet but personally i was disappointed with the first and the free kick in Barca.

It's a hard call but it's Gordon for me but by a fraction........this is not a vote of confidence in him by any means.

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 22, 2016
  15. The Regime

Fav Celtic Player:
    Eyal Berkovic
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields
    That was some Schumacher stuff last night.:smiley-laughing002:

16. The Regime

Fav Celtic Player:
    Eyal Berkovic
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields
    Gordon has been * for 18 months

17. Tim-Time 1888 Always look on the bright side of Life Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Enrico Annoni
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Hail Hail
    As Sutton said "Hong Kong Phooey" :smiley-laughing002: should have been a red though. We have been lucky these last 2 games now.

18. Ruthless Scot

Play him against Killie

19. Mr. Slippyfist

It wasn't a red, nor should it have been.

Toure made the move behind Gordon, therefore he was not the last man.

It was a ridiculous ill-timed attempt, nothing malicious about it - deserved yellow.

20. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member