1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Youngsters to make an impact under Ronny...

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by gerry_bhoy, Jul 2, 2014.

Discuss Youngsters to make an impact under Ronny... in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. mike91

Henderson should already be featuring heavily imo. He was one of our most impressive players in preseason and then inexplicably hasn't even featured on the bench in the first two league games. If we aren't going to give him games he needs to be loaned out immediately, staying here will only help him develop if he is getting first team game time. He was already our best player at u-20 level last year, playing at that level again won't help him whatsoever.

2. ulsterscot

To say if they are good enough Deila will give them a chance doesn't make sense .
    Every manager would play young players if he thought they were good enough . Been good enough in the manager's eye is what matters . At the moment Deila seems not to fancy Henderson as much as Lennon did . Competition for places seems to be really hotting up and I for one am well pleased with Kayal getting himself involved more .

3. Dempsey

Fav Celtic Player:
    Boruc & McGeady
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields of Athenry
    McGregor has shown that first team football is important, i.e getting out on loan last year. Alot of our youth players arent learning anymore at that level and the club needs to find them a challenge. Alot of our youth prospects stagnate making up the numbers rather than doing something that will challenge them

4. callumrae1967

Fav Celtic Player:
    Kayal
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA
    Hop to see more of Henderson in the coming months, it's early days yet though.

5. Random Review

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jinky (ever) Lubo (modern era), KT (current)
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields of Athenry
    I think Ronny's focussing on qualifying for the CL at the moment. After Maribor, I expect to see a bit more experimentation. If we lose and go into the Europa, I expect to see a lot more experimentation.

6. ulsterscot

Deila is facing the same situations as Lennon and almost every manager every where .
    The problems are simple dare they take a chance and play young players that could very well weaken the team and fail to get the results or do they continue to field what they consider to be their best players , keep the squad happy and get the best possible results .
    For managers this is a no brainer , as they can always give brief cameo roles to a young player or two and promise they would play them when they prove themselves good enough

7. bassbhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Ronnie Simpson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    celtic symphony
    yeah I dont understand why I haven't seen Henderson or Frazer on the pitch st all this season.
    But I hope that if we qualify for the champions league ronnie will give them a shot at domestic games.
    totally confident in both of them

8. ulsterscot

Listen there is no realistic explanation why Deila will give young players a chance after we get the Champions League Qualifying games behind us . Surely you realise that he played youngsters in Norway because they were the best available . Likewise Jackie Mac is doing the same at Dun UTD , neither have played youth for the * of it .
    Deila will want his loan players to come good so he will play them . Similarly he won't want the board or the supporters feel that he can't get the best out of the players who performed well for Lennon. Of course he will play the token youngster but they will have to perform very well to prove to Deila they are the best and deserve their position .

9. Partickbhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    COYBIG/LET THE PEOPLE SING
    Same, I presumed Henderson was just injured, we've not seen him at all.

10. Ninefingers

If he's fallen down the pecking order I would love to see him loaned out to another SPL side.

11. gerry_bhoy

Agree regarding Henderson. He just doesn't appear to be in the picture. Not even on the bench which is worrying.

Has to go on loan ASAP or will risk going down the path of many promising youngsters before him.

12. ulsterscot

Please tell me who other than Mc Gregor hasn't gone down the path to have no longer a future at Celtic after going out on loan .
    Surely if the new youth / young player league with 8 EPL and German sides amongst others starting up we would be better holding on to our young players rather than allow outside coaches to improve or destroy them .