1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

World Cup - Group C

Discussion in 'World Football' started by Markybhoy, Jun 10, 2014.

Discuss World Cup - Group C in the World Football area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. CELTICgirlSRB

Fav Celtic Player:
    They play for CFC just to reach the EPL. No love for CFC as deluded fans think
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Singing against English repression in English. Hahahaha, always a good laugh
    [​IMG]

Not a huge fan of Đovak, but, well done for this. :86::86:

2. CELTICgirlSRB

Fav Celtic Player:
    Fav Celtic Song:
  3. Random Review

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jinky (ever) Lubo (modern era), KT (current)
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields of Athenry
    Thrilled for Sammy, never thought Greece could do this. Well done big man, well done.

:party:

4. Random Review

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jinky (ever) Lubo (modern era), KT (current)
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields of Athenry
    True, I still remember that. The Czechs were the best team in Europe that year IMO (off topic, but I still wonder what might have happened with the Czechs in 2006 had Kohler not got injured in their first game, their system of technically strong midfielders making runs off Kohler, who at times was absolutely unplayable, was really effective), but Greece showed what can be achieved through hard work, everyone knowing their job inside out and (let's be honest) a little bit of luck along the way. Would * love it if history repeated itself 10 years on, but can't see it.

5. Jinky1967

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Anything by the Wolfetones
    Disgraceful that Greece qualified. Anti-football at its best.

6. PeeKay Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    They were negative in the first two games, but in the last game they needed the win and they got it. They deserved it too. For all the 'stars' Ivory Coast have they were *.

7. CelticFanGR

exactly...

I am everything but a national team fan. Yesterday, we play really well against all odds. It was a surprise for me too that we didn't go with a defensive approach.

8. AJ Styles Moussa Dembele's eyes Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Sinclair
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields of Athenry
    You knew Sammy would go that way with the penalty only time I remember him missing was the McGregor one.:54: delighted for him and Greece though will be cheering them on now Croatia are out

9. Clint Eastwood The Good Bad and Ugly of TC

Absolutely thrilled for Sammy and the Greeks, I sort of expected them to get through, they're such jammy * but I * love it. :56:

Who would have seen Costa Rica vs Greece in the last 16.... one of those two underdogs will be into the quarter finals of a world cup and within touching distance of the impossible dream.

#DareToSammy

10. Nasser

He's a Serb right, why does he love Greece so much?

11. Sno'sLeftFoot

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo
    Had a tenner on Sammy anytime Greece win

12. Sonny7

A wanted boring Greece out last night but when it came to the last night penalty there was no way a wanted big Sammy to miss that so was delighted he scored it.

13. Tifosi Celtic

ITV Football: Manchester City legend Georgios Samara spoke of his pride over Greece's qualification. The striker, best known for his 54 appearances for Manchester City, has said he was very proud and emotional following the goal.

14. Jimmy_GR

Serbs and Greeks are like brothers.

Well, keep on sayin everyone (almost) that Greece was boring. The fact is that it wasn't, the ball hit 3 times the crossbar, we had many final attempts and 2 goals against the Iv. Coast's Toure super stars. They have better players but yesterday we played better as a team.

15. ILoveTheCeltic

Fav Celtic Player:
    Kieran Tierney
    Like the English and Welsh?

16. Jimmy_GR

Something like that yes, it's all about the good relationship between the 2 countries and both people are orthodox.

17. Andy Thom 66

Fav Celtic Player:
    Mikel Lustig
    Fav Celtic Song:
    This land is our land

Having worked for a welsh company in Cardiff for 12 years and spend 3 months a year there, i can definately tell you they dislike the English just as much as we do. I mean a "REAL" dislike mate.
    Maybe North Wales tolerate them but i guarantee They want them to lose and hate the union with England probably just as much as we do.

18. Nasser

The Welsh are like the Scots you will find some that dislike the union with a passion but you will find some that are loyalists as well. In the 90's there was a Loyalist branch at both Swansea and Cardiff hooligans. There are the proper welsh and then their are the English that moved to wales in great numbers so the welsh that come from the English are probably confused.

19. CELTICgirlSRB

Fav Celtic Player:
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Actually, many Serbians supported neighbours, BiH and Cro, and they were really loud in their support some of them were just waiting them to be eliminated, because Cros and Bosnian Muslims will never support Serbia, and majority of us (including me) doesn't give a * for BiH and Cro, so, the same thing if they win the WC or like this, eliminated in the first round.
    So, not even close to Scotland.
    Đoković supported Croatia and BiH because he suffers from illness "I want everyone to love me" so, he is in everyone's *, and when BiH and Cro were eliminated, he said he'd support Greece.
    Greeks and Serbs know. :86:
    it is a long, long story...even from the Balkan wars, even earlier.

20. CELTICgirlSRB

Fav Celtic Player:
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Even more than it, Bulgarians are orthodox too, but... they aren't popular among us as Greeks, just as some Greeks don't like them a lot.(WW!, WW2, etc)
    For example, Greece is my 1st team, even before Serbia which I almost don't support and in fact, it is not my country, I just share the same ethnicity. I can't support a country whithout self respect and a country were Serbs who aren't from Serbia treated like * while those who slaughtered them have a status of "friends".
    Anyway, it is a paradox some Greeks know about situation here much better than an average young person from Serbia and my mates and me are always better accepted in Greece than in "Mother" Serbia.