1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

The Ronny Deila Thread

Discussion in 'World Football' started by Glasgow_Bhoy88, Jun 6, 2014.

Discuss The Ronny Deila Thread in the World Football area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Antz1888

Fav Celtic Player:
    Emillio Izaguirre, Joe Ledley, Beram Kayal
    Fav Celtic Song:
    'You'll never walk alone' 'Let the People Sing'
    We have to show this is unacceptable at Celtic, he's not a charity case and shouldn't be treated as so.

2. Gabriel Beidh an lá linn Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Raphael Scheidt
    We don't owe him anything. He has been paid for his work regardless of how well he has done or to be more accurate not done. he has done nothing to prove he is worth any more than he has already gotten. That is putting it nicely.

3. Minty1888

That's fair enough mate :50:

4. Shane1888

If you ask me, he's not had the respect of the majority of the squad since he first walked in the door almost two years ago.

Replacing Lenny was always going to be a hard act, but replacing him with a largely unknown quantity was a big gamble that has sadly not paid off.

It's easy to say in hindsight, but someone like Malky Mackay or Jackie McNamara would have been better received by both players and fans alike at the time. Two guys that understand what the club is all about, just like Lennon.

Now we're back to square one. He might not go in the next few weeks, but he should be gone by June. Best remembered as the guy who came in for two seasons, won two fairly easy titles, and went on his way. Nothing more, nothing less. An experiment and the cheap option.

5. Mr Diggler

Asking for his immediate removal is knee *, what would be the point? Seriously, we are top of the league so let him win it and then at the end of the season we all move on. Your being a bit dramatic stating our own fans will fight amongst each other. We all know hes gone at the end of the season so get behind the team now and treat the man with respect. If we were 2nd in the league then it would be a different story completely.

6. Mr Diggler

He will be gone at the end of the season, that will show what is acceptable and what is not at our club.

7. TonyTim Gold Member Gold Member

He has to go now, with him in charge for the next 5 games the League could easily be lost. No players are going to want to play in an atmosphere of hate against the manager. There is going to be big, very big pressure on the players and can see the league being handed to the sheep. Lenny would be the obvious choice to bring in for the next 5 games at least and then take it from there. Players would get a massive lift and get us over the line. If we loose this league then things need to change at the very top, Lawell would have to go , he has stood by and watched this fecking muppet, an imposter of a manager, drag us down to a level that this club has never seen. This situation is worse than what Mowbray and Barnes had left us with.

I have got over yesterdays result, it happens, we move on but knowing that things can never get better with this manager in place and the board sitting quiet is heartbreaking. JUST * OFF RONNY

8. Gabriel Beidh an lá linn Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Raphael Scheidt
    I wonder if any of the "I'd stick with him regardless" have had a change of heart

9. jimmy the gent

He also seems to be able to motivate and get the best out the players at his disposal. Absolutely cruised the championship, and has them fighing for 2nd place with an improved Aberdeen side in his first seaon in the spl. Would prefer him to lennon, coyle etc.

10. Glorious1967

its disgusting the * is still here, his comments yesterday about having his team ready for them next season * is he on the useless * thinks he is bulletproof

He is our worst manager ever bar none id have Brady or Macari instead of this imposter

11. kungfoofighter

Fav Celtic Player:
    henrik larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    you'll never walk alone
    I think the board will rethink keeping him until the end of the season when they see the crowd on Sunday

12. johnfife1959

I couldn't believe him yesterday, with his "we will be ready for them next season" with a half decent manager that mob should be no where * near us, it's because of this imbecile that we now have to be ready!!!! ffs he is so * deluded, he will never do the decent thing and resign, because he thinks he is doing a great job!!"!!

13. King of Kings

Fav Celtic Player:
    boruc
    that was always a bullshit answer tbf :smiley-laughing002:

No * would be willing to stick with him regardles of what happened this season, it was just a way for the Deila fans to show their support for him imo.

14. Shane1888

The worst thing about all of this is how much Lennon done for the club when he was here as manager, with regards to getting us back into the CL group stages, winning trophies and getting into the last 16, only for him to essentially be forced out by a combination of the * poor board and death threats.

We have done nothing but regress in the past two years, on and off the pitch.

Selling all of our top players and replacing them with mediocrity. Wanyama, Hooper, VVD, Forster, to name a few, all moved on for big profits just to ensure that the board are appeased. Meanwhile, hardly any of it is meaningfully re-invested into the playing squad.

Utterly sickening. Deila doesn't have the balls to stand up and demand more money either, because as said before, he's just happy to be there as a yes man. Lennon had too much attitude for them and they no doubt didn't like him demanding extra funds, so they forced him out.

15. Twisty Rodgers out !!! Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    Gives the new manager time to have a look at the squad of players and decide who he wants to keep or sell/let go. Time to get the players adapted to a new way of playing in time for the cl qualifiers. What does it achieve keeping him here now ? 99.99% of our fans have lost complete faith in him. We are at our lowest ebb since Mowbray lost 4-0 to St Mirren. The stadium will be even more deserted than it was prior to yesterday.

No point waiting around. If Collins & Kennedy had any respect they, as Celtic men, should have walked by now as well. RD might be blind as to how big a club we are and to fans expectations, but they two know exactly how big a failure there time has been.

16. King of Kings

Fav Celtic Player:
    boruc
    Distressing how things have shifted from Sevco saying "we need to strengthen to be ready for them next year" to us saying "we need to strengthen to be ready for them next year".

Fortunately for us, things can't get any worse as far as management goes.

17. the last rebel

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson Or Petrov
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Roll Of Hounor
    The only way i think us fans could getbthe board to listen to us is a hunger striker your killing our club now your killing us he would be sacked and who every else within 5 mins of it been said

18. Dáibhí

Aye, just to clarify that what I posted isn't what I actually want to happen, but is what I think will happen going on how I think our board will go about it.

If we hear today that we've let Deila go and that Lennon is back short-term I'm not exactly going to be crying about it! :smiley-laughing002:

19. Glorious1967

Exactly this delusional * actually thinks he is a great manager and again Lawwell like the Mowbray fiasco as fell for his bullshit about being able to play this high tempo football and develope players

The pair of them are * MORONS and should be forced out the door.

20. Minty1888

We need 2 wins and a draw from our last 5 games. Are you confident with Deila in charge? I'm not, especially if the players aren't playing for him.

I don't think I'm being dramatic at all. All it takes is for someone to start chanting "Ronny GTF".