1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

The Ronny Deila Thread

Discussion in 'World Football' started by Glasgow_Bhoy88, Jun 6, 2014.

Discuss The Ronny Deila Thread in the World Football area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Marty McFly Whoa, this is heavy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    I think you might be right Gary

2. Swervedancer Guest

Good post :50:

I was wondering why Efe was all alone in the box. When that guy made such a good run. All I can say about the sending off is if it happened to us I wouldn't be complaining. I think the striker played for it but unfortunately Efe couldn't get out of the way.

It's not Efe's worst error and I have a lot of sympathy for him. But there is no denying he's had some awful moments. He's also had some excellent games.

Boyata had a really poor game eh. He was looking quite good before he was injured I thought.

Although a lot of the team played like they were happy just watching the ball roll past them yesterday.

3. Fatface

The only sort of protest I heard at the end of the game yesterday was actually directed at Peter Lawwell. Some people on here are saying they don`t know anyone outwith this forum who still back Ronny, well the folk about me where I sit at CP are still pretty much in favour of him as manager.

4. Roy's Keane

Fav Celtic Player:
    Naka
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Four Leaf Clover
    Yes, that seems extremely fair and reasonable and definitely not based towards knee * reactions after not winning something that we've won a few times in 70 years.

It's this thick as * lynch mob mentality that does my head in.

5. doctor venglos

I am in total agreement.

A huge majority of Celtic fans on this poll want Deila sacked 222 now,and I would think that is broadly representative of the Celtic support, except for maybe some board PR plants on this forum and other Celtic boards in a devious attempt to placate the fans.

I think the poll should be reopened too, to test the water with the Celtic support

We should have sacked Deila at the start of January and got a competent manager in straight away, chances are we would still have been in the League Cup and the treble still on, by keeping Deila on we are now even putting the league itself at risk, because the guy is tactically inept and dozen't carry any of that vital ingredient luck either.The Celtic board are treating the Celtic fans with utter contempt, scorn and derision.

The Celtic fans are voting with their feet and our crowds are dwindling each week as more Celtic fans lose the faith.19,000 for a Cup Semi is indicative of the malaise enveloping our club. Due to the Celtic board's gross mishandling of the situation over the past two years, we have squandered a great chance to build on our strengths, and reduced Celtic to minnows and also runs now in the European circuit, for that alone the board should go

6. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    For those who are in love.....
    It's ridiculous if we're honest. And the media are a an absolute disgrace for peddling the he needs a treble to save his job * that has been everywhere since getting papped out of Europe. It's total garbage as well..

7. DaBomber

Big Game Losses Under Deila:

Legia Warsaw 6-1 Celtic

I completely excuse this game we were a shambles but in a transition period where once again super efe decided a red card would be appropriate at I think 1-1 in the first leg.

Celtic 0-1 Maribor

Again still in this transitional period but how many chances did Celtic have to win this tie both home and away was totally scandalous they managed to sneak on through.

Inter Milan 1-0 Celtic

VVD sent off for absolutely no apparent reason and undone by an absolute belter while actually having a good few chances of our own.

Inverness CT 3-2 Celtic AET

Well isn't this obvious hand ball on the line not given Gordon ordered off correctly in my opinion but once again backs to the wall because of the officials!

Malmo 2-0 Celtic

Poor display fair enough but just when we needed to get going a perfectly good goal was disallowed and a penalty wasn't even given could have totally changed the tie.

Molde 3-1 Celtic

Shocking performance all that has to be said.

Celtic 2-1 Molde

Let's be honest if one of those offside goals stood then Molde were on to a severe beating Celtic mauled them especially first half and somehow came out of it 2-1 again conceding rocked the squad and players started hiding.

Aberdeen 2-1 Celtic

I think this was Thompson actually but once again that Boyata challenge was never a penalty and super efe comes on gives away a free kick and we concede can't be a coincidence surely!

Ross County 3-1 Celtic

In my opinion the penalty is a penalty but a red card is harsh, the referee is far too trigger happy as Gordon has got a foot to the ball and cleared it when actually Shalk has overran the ball and that's why he goes down, then the referee proceeded to not award a penalty for what I thought was a push on Lustig, Boyata was held at a corner more than once and Gordon was rugby tackled for their second and nothing was given! Then he awards a penalty for absolutely * all clearly trying to "even it up" total moronic refereeing.

So that's 9 games I've chosen and Id say we can put the full blame at the door of Mr Deila for about 2 or 3 of them I struggle to blame him for those early qualifiers. But when examined we have had a man sent off in 5 of the 9 fixtures and have conceded a penalty kick in 4 of them. Honestly as much as yesterday was a poor poor showing I can't blame the manager he's had * luck at times.

8. Gabriel Beidh an lá linn Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Raphael Scheidt
    Every time he fails its claimed that fans are having knee * reaction. Don't poll after Malmo defeat its knee *. Those complaints after Molde away just knee *. Defeat at home to Molde knee *. Out of EL with still a game to play and still awaiting first win, knee *.

We are still on for the treble the Ronnie bakers reminded us through all these knee * moments. Now the treble is gone forget about our Euro debacle and point out how difficult trebles are.

9. Swervedancer Guest

Thanks :50: Just noticed the poll standings, I think you're right :smiley-laughing002: Looks like there might have been a bit of trolling too, can't believe so many fans demanded the treble.

10. Gabriel Beidh an lá linn Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Raphael Scheidt

I wonder did the media pick it up on the internet. Go back through this thread to see how often it was pointed out that we were still for the treble. Did Ronnie himself not make the point at one stage?

11. jimmy the gent

If it got rid of the guy, would any one take a defeat against Aberdeen ? I would certainly consider it, been totally scunnered and depressed with the state we are in for too long.

12. Roy's Keane

Fav Celtic Player:
    Naka
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Four Leaf Clover
    Wow, very interesting when it's laid out like that. 5 sendings off from 9 big defeats?

And also some of the shittiest decisions you'll ever see. The Gordon one yesterday defies belief. Call it bad luck or the randomness element of football, but these are all reasons why we can't meet expectations all the time . Great post.

13. Roy's Keane

Fav Celtic Player:
    Naka
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Four Leaf Clover
    The media picked it up (that RD must win a treble or risk his job) from some of our thick fans.

14. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    For those who are in love.....
    That genuinely wouldn't surprise me mate..

I don't think Ronny did..

15. Swervedancer Guest

Ah right thanks :50:

Really good post :50:

It's so true, he's been very unlucky. I think he's due a break in the CL qualifiers.

16. Swervedancer Guest

You just trolling for badness? You can't ever seriously consider wanting us to lose? In our biggest league game of the season? You're defintely at it :smiley-laughing002:

17. Markybhoy

Yesterday was his 100th match in charge of Celtic. Not one bit of progress made.

18. Just Kieran Gold Member Gold Member

Yeah.

No matter how certain people try to dress it up, he hasn't moved us forward.

19. Fatface

Agree I think he was unlucky in the EL, numerous individual errors at crucial moments that turned wins into draws. Steps have been made to improve the defence and we should see further signings before the next CL qualifiers.

I just think more harm than good would be caused by changing management before, as you said, the next CL qualifiers.

20. Liam Scales Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony, YNWA, Grace
    I don't think you can be as consistently 'unlucky' as Ronny apparently has without questions being asked about the management. The last manager that was that unlucky was Tony Mowbray, mostly in Old Firm matches.

The poor discipline in big games is a very interesting point though.