1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

American Football Thread (NFL, NCAA)

Discussion in 'Other Sports' started by T.D., Aug 31, 2007.

Discuss American Football Thread (NFL, NCAA) in the Other Sports area at TalkCeltic.net.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Markybhoy

Asomugha is a top CB for sure. I don't think he's as good as Revis though. Revis has covered most of the NFL's top receivers man to man and taken them almost totally out of the game.

Calvin Johnson - 1 Rec 13 Yards
    Andre Johnson - 4 Rec 32 Yards
    Terrell Owens - 3 Rec 17 Yards
    Brandon Marshall - 2 Rec 16 Yards 1TD

Those are some of the numbers 4 of the league's best receivers put up last season against Revis. The guy is a total lockdown. Rex Ryan says that they just put Revis on a man and leave him to get on with it. That enables the Jets to do so many things with the rest of their defense. For me, Revis is the standout CB in the NFL at this time.

2. USAHoopbhoy4612

3. The Celtbot

Excited, but a little surprised when I read that they expect all the free agents to be signed in the next 2 weeks before preseason starts, lol.

4. Cathairbhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Joe Ledley
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    brilliant! :icon_mrgreen:
    Now lets see the Eagles dive into the free agency for Asomugha!

5. Aldobaldo

Good stuff, like a bit of NFL on a Sunday night.

6. daschoo

Fav Celtic Player:
    caldwell, hinkel
    Fav Celtic Song:
    celtic symphony
    quite ashamed of myself but i seem to have switched allegiances, got into it watching the cowboys when i was in texas so they were my team but to be honest i've found myself caring more about detroit.

7. USAHoopbhoy4612

Baltimore is winning the Super Bowl this year

8. Carlos Valderrama

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Just Can't Get Enough.
    Good now the Ravens can get back to winning the Super Bowl.

9. GM-

Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA
    Soo happy, now I need the NBA lockout over and all will be great. Also, lets go Eagles!!

10. Cathairbhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Joe Ledley
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    nothing to be ashamed of, Cowboys are * :50:

Top shout pal! :84:

11. Cathairbhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Joe Ledley
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000...rom-skins-if-contract-reworked?module=HP11_cp

The Minnesota Vikings agreed Tuesday to acquire quarterback Donovan McNabb in a trade from the Washington Redskins, pending McNabb agreeing to new contract terms, league sources said.

McNabb would be dealt for a late-round pick -- Jay Glazer of Fox Sports and NFL Network reported that it would be sixth-rounders in 2012 and 2013 -- but he must restructure his contract, and those talks are scheduled for Wednesday. It isn't expected to be a lengthy process, but nevertheless, it would be required before a trade could be completed.

McNabb was due to make $12.5 million with the Redskins, including a roster bonus, but the Vikings made it clear they couldn't take on that salary. Still, McNabb's desire to be in Minnesota will lead to the deal being fully agreed to, pending the new contract terms, sources said.

McNabb has long sought to join the Vikings -- he wanted to be dealt there before the Philadelphia Eagles traded him to the Redskins last year -- and his agent, Fletcher Smith, helped broker this deal. Trade talks began before the NFL lockout in March, and McNabb desperately wanted out of Washington as soon as possible.

12. USAHoopbhoy4612

Yes it will be a great season but I hope we re sign Heap and Mason.

13. pokerbhoy74

League sources are also saying Washington have traded Albert Haynesworth to the Patriots for a 5th round pick.

14. pokerbhoy74

Miami are close to picking up both Kyle Orton & Reggie Bush in trades, seems to be done deals as long as the Dolphins can negotiate new deals with the duo before signing them.

15. themouth1888

Suprised to have found such a topic on this forum but glad!

I'm a Saints fan and have been for about 5 years now. Always had a interest in NFL but took it more serious around 5 years ago, so needed a team to follow and My Fav drink at the time was Southern Comfort and The Saints were formed in 1967 so the done for me lol. At the time they were awful and know as the "Aints". Even been over to the Superdome to watch them play, travelled over for the opening game of our Superbowl winning season to watch us destroy the Detroit Lions, What an atmosphere in that dome I can tell you. the only other thing that can compare is a European match at paradise.

Anyways I am gutted we are prob gonna lose Reggie Bush but it doesnt make sense to keep him with him being owed a huge bonus and the fact we have Thomas, Ingram & Ivory who are already there

16. USAHoopbhoy4612

Right now as a Ravens fan I am a little concerned with what is going on right now. First we are getting rid of players left and right, I know its because we are way over the cap, but I am shocked that we have not signed anyone yet. I hope Heap returns.

17. Cathairbhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Joe Ledley
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000...rscromartie-a-pick?module=HP11_headline_stack

Brilliant piece of business by the Eagles here IMO! If DRC can return to the player he is this will be daylight robbery! Go eagles.

18. Markybhoy

Albert Haynesworth is signing for the New England Patriots and all it will cost them is a 5th Round Draft Pick in 2013. I know Haynesworth has really let himself down in Washington but that seems like a very, very good deal for the Patriots.

If Bill Belichick can get Haynesworth motivated then the Patriots have just got themselves an elite defensive lineman for a 5th round draft pick. That's not good business, that's GREAT business!

19. Cathairbhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Joe Ledley
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    He's the biggest gamble in sport though. AH can hurt any squad's harmony with his antics, effecting performances. Under Bellicheck, however, I see him straightening up and flying right. :50:

Also, out of curiosity, are we practically the only two non-American fans here? Haha

20. The Celtbot

Patriots have traded for Chad Ochocinco! Two late round draft picks for an elite receiver rotting away in Cincinnati's crap offense. Patriots are going to be stacked!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.