1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Offical FC Shakhtar Donetsk Thread ( All Chat )

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by regicfc, Aug 30, 2007.

Discuss Offical FC Shakhtar Donetsk Thread ( All Chat ) in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Rosco67

Fav Celtic Player:
    Big Bobo Balde
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA
    Christ, wonder how much abuse he'll get at Celtic Park:84:

2. davie_glasgow

Fav Celtic Player:
    to many to choose just one
    Fav Celtic Song:
    them all
    and did u know that while getting to the last 16 last year we only have LEE NAYLOR on YELLOW card so we more or less start with a clean sheet of cautions

3. Biffy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik, Brown, Aiden, Artur and Big Jan
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA, Willie Maley
    Star Players: Fernandinho and Castillo.

4. Alexx

Fav Celtic Song:
    "You'll never walk alone" is really great on Celtic Park!
    2dnipro fc
    Hello, my lovely blue-white friend :) Thanks for your help to our CL rivals. How do you think who is a really "mole"? ;) But, I understand you, cause your team so poor and dweeb, that you only have to dream about Champions League and support our rivals! Good luck!

2All
    Hello! I am Shakhtar fan and I want speak with you about our next games and about our teams. But, my English is not very good, so you'll excuse me for it :)

About Elano - you are wrong, he was not our best player. He was our most famous and expensive player! Do you understand a difference? ;)
    This summer we've lost three good players - Elano, Matu & Marica. But they wants to play in better championschip than Ukrainian and in many games were playing for sale himself, but not for the Team result. So, I think, Shakhtar only benefit by selling them!

5. dnipro fc

Fav Celtic Player:
    Miller
    Fav Celtic Song:
    hope to hear one some day
    2Alexx...you supposed to be sarcastic or something? I can see some real crap about my team in your post though I think I never offended yours in any of my postings..how do you know who do I support in this tie? I cant get what are you blaming me for but i couldn't care less to be honest

6. gunt

You two should talk about something you both dislike, maybe Dynamo Kiev:50:

7. dnipro fc

Fav Celtic Player:
    Miller
    Fav Celtic Song:
    you would be a perfect chief of UN Keltoi lol...actually i'm sorry for flooding this thread with irrelevant stuff...hope the guy will leave me alone with his nonsense

8. Gaffney

Fav Celtic Player:
    JVOH
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA
    I would play this team for the game:

Boruc

Wilson--Mcmanus--Caldwell--Naylor

Naka--Brown--Hartley--Donati--Mcgeady

Mcdonald

9. regicfc

i would go with that gaffers its the same as yourselfs only with hartley in DM role i heard he played brilliant there against france !

10. gunt

Probably agree. Only possible change would be that we could play the Spartak 1st leg 4-4-2 line up by dropping McGeady and playing JVOH up front instead.

11. gunt

He played superbly in that role v France and was also vital in the Spartak away game. He is easily the best defensive midfielder at the club right now and the only one who can play the Lenny role when such a role is needed (ie away CL games).

12. Mr Nice

Fav Celtic Song:
    Always look on the brightside of life
    We need to go there for the win. Play OUR game and put them on the back foot. We are CELTIC. The greatest team in the world, who hail from Scotland, the home of the best footballing side in the world, who are above both the world cup winners and runners up, and back to celtic, we narrowly missed on winning the CL last year by a late knockout to the team that lifted the trophy. Send on Shaktar,,,,we have the goods now!!!

13. Alexx

Fav Celtic Song:
    "You'll never walk alone" is really great on Celtic Park!
    dnipro fc, OK, close this theme. May be I was wrong ;)

Celtic fans, what do you think about your left defenders? I think, they will worked very hard with Shakhtar, because our right wingers (Srna & Ilsinho) now in the very good form!

14. gunt

Our left back Naylor was brilliant last year but has been a bit off form this season so far (but we only started our season in August). The right winger of Spartak Moscow gave him many problems but the Spartak winger Bystrov is very good and incredibly fast. Are your players fast? We are not really a fast team but are very fit. We will probably play very defensively in Ukraine but attack in Scotland.

Of course, our national team will also be playing Ukraine soon in Glasgow in October. Celtic or recent ex-Celtic players usually provide 3 or 4 of the national team.

15. gunt

Dnipro are playing Aberdeen in the Uefa cup arent they? You shouldnt have much difficulty beating them unless you are pretty bad. Like most Scottish teams they will run and fight like crazy but Aberdeen have not got much quality. They were a very good team in the 1980s and early 1990s when the won the European cup winners cup and supercup but have not been much good since then. Our manager Gordon Strachan played right wing for Aberdeen's great side in the 1980s and Alex Ferguson was manager. In scotland Aberdeen is known for its sheep romancing fans, being very mean with money and the city being very cold in winter (but probably very warm compared to Ukraine). Their stadium is right beside the north sea and so you always have seagulls flying past the camera when their matches are being filmed. Celtic and Aberdeen fans are fairly friendly to each other because both hate Rangers.

16. dnipro fc

Fav Celtic Player:
    Miller
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Shakhtar's right wing Srna is very fast and technically fit, probably one of the best RW in Europe, no way worse than Bystrov...

17. dnipro fc

Fav Celtic Player:
    Miller
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Keltoi thanks for some really interesting info on Aberdeen...I heard about their glory in 80s and Sir Alex but never of the birds:) By the way its not that cold here as its believed...was extremely hot summer around +32 all the time and when we played Hibernian in October 2005 it wasn't under +20 C i think

18. Irish Bhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Aiden McGeady
    Fav Celtic Song:
    BOTOB, Fields of Anthenry, YNWA, Celtic Song, Soldiers Song
    MON THE HOOPS!! Shakhtar doesn't stand a chance against our Bhoys in full stride! Vy rozumity? :ireland:

19. dnipro fc

Fav Celtic Player:
    Miller
    Fav Celtic Song:
    lol..we'll see it soon Bhoy!...nice effort of ukrainian btw:)

20. shaunhail92

Was easy today but wont be easy as that on tuesday. 2-1 celtic. Bring on eh shaktar