1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Have you renewed your season ticket

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by Miles Platting, May 17, 2014.

Discuss Have you renewed your season ticket in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. dannynye1888

Yes - because of my love for the club.

Also built up a decent grade for european away games. 1st choice on home champions league games and 1st choice on the away games that are harder to get tickets direct from the club for, aberdeen and such.

2. Millerntor

Sure some may be happy to go to the game on their ownsome, sit in silence themselves, read the programme, watch the game then go home. For plenty others it is about much more than that.

3. TheHappyLoss

Yep :50: Why cos it's what I've done for 30 years

4. Millerntor

Don't have a season ticket to renew, gave mine up after taking the refund offered to me by Celtic after their shameful actions post-Motherwell game in December.

Only disappointment aside from the way some fans were treated and the closing of section 111, was losing my European grading. Was probably in the top 50 or so and was sure of a ticket for every away game. Not going to have a massive impact though given the paltry away support we take to most games in Europe and will just use a mates season and build up his rating.

Nearly everything about the game in this country is * so more than content just to go to the odd home game, more than the odd away game and travel abroad regularly to St Pauli and take in some new experiences - Turkey, Greece and Naples I hope soon.

5. mls1

Fav Celtic Player:
    Nakamura and Moravcic
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields of Athenry
    It should be, should it not?

This will be my 14th year as a ST holder and I'd say that 5/6 of them I've been going myself but I don't think who I'm with or what I do before or after the game has any influence over renewing or going to matches.

6. Millerntor

No, it may be for you - for others it is much more than just what happens on the pitch, it is the whole experience.

7. ILoveTheCeltic

Fav Celtic Player:
    Kieran Tierney
    Aye I have, always will when living in Glasgow as its part of the weekend routine. Was looking to relocate to the North stand as i know people who can get passes to go into the lounges before/during/after games for a drink but theres no 3 seats in a row.

Mines was £451

It becomes tradition like someone said on here. My dad used to take me, then my uncle when my dad was working. Got my own season ticket when I was young and I think this is my 17th or 18th year year.

Ony my account history on the etickets thing it records all the tickets I get through the club.

Season ticket was £533 in 2011, £551 in 2012, £451 in 2013, £451 in 2014.

Ive also spent £553 on other tickets since then. (just from looking at tickets bought on that, probably even £100 more when I think of tickets ive took for the odd away game off people who werent going.

You dont really realise much you're spending on tickets. So if you want to go to about 30 games a season it costs about £730 a season.(£100 more or £100 less depending on where youre season ticket is).

Last edited by a moderator: May 17, 2014
  8. Onefootwonder

Is there many season ticket holders on here?

Every time I log on after a match there just seems to be loads of pages requesting streams to watch the game.

9. paulpaul17

I had a share in a 1/3 of a season ticket last year, but we are not renewing because even between three of us it was barely used.

With young kids its hard to justify giving up a Saturday to go to the football. Midweek games are fine but most of them aren't on the season ticket, so it doesn't make sense to get one.

Ill be at all the euro games and any home LC games, as well as any other home midweek games.

10. dannymac1888

Yes cos it's how I roll

11. Xavier Woods

Fav Celtic Player:
    Erik Sviatchenko
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Willie Maley
    Of course.

Everyone not renewing because the atmosphere isn't as good, how is you not renewing going to help that in any way?

12. Millerntor

It won't but it isn't going to reach anywhere near the level that people may hope for so then it's up to them if that, added to paying what we do for a league that is won before a ball is kicked, along with any other factors is worth it. Football clubs are fortunate though as while they may think of us as customers, football fans don't act like normal customers should. At least Celtic are getting their act together after years of taking the fans/their customers for granted albeit the stewarding and policing issue remains a problem.

13. Biggie Smalls

Fav Celtic Player:
    Kris commons
    I don't think I will purely because Ive not been getting paid properly at work and won't get the money I'm owed until after the deadline so I can't afford it.

14. C2911

I don't have a season ticket, but if the club did implement a good safe standing section (even if I didn't get a standing ticket myself - it would go some way to improving the atmosphere) and did more to improve the match day experience (as they seem to be doing now, but they still have a long way to go) I'd consider it.

Until then I don't think it's fair value for money.

15. Soul Rebel

Fav Celtic Player:
    Commons/Sammy/Ledley
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony & Toy Town
    Well if you're happy for police and stewards to be harassing people inside the stadium for having the audacity to stand up and sing then that's your prerogative.
    Whose problem is that though? Its not mine. I don't allow over zealous stewarding inside the ground, i don't allow police total freedom to do whatever they want to whoever they want. When there's coppers in each section of the stadium armed with cameras waiting for people to slip up its a total atmosphere destroyer. People who may have got up and sang before aren't going to when they fear one wrong word could see them in the jail. All it would take is for Celtic to sort out the stewarding and at least come out in support of the fans and express their dissatisfaction of the way police are handling matchdays and it might go someway towards encouraging me to renew. As it stands it seems like they couldn't give a *. As long as they have your hard earned cash in their hands, who cares?

16. Millerntor

Well it is largely the fans fault as most clearly can't be bothered singing.

17. H67

Fav Celtic Player:
    All Who Wear The Hoops.
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony.
    I remember the 70's and 80's, CP didn't have big crowds for most games, but the atmo was fantastic in a whole load of those games, at present you can have over 50,000 in the new CP with no atmo.

18. Soul Rebel

Fav Celtic Player:
    Commons/Sammy/Ledley
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony & Toy Town
    :smiley-laughing002: You just ignore the rest of what i wrote aye? There's no doubt i interpret things differently to others, but what i saw on Sunday with a group of kids being harassed by both stewards and police confirmed everything i already believed. It was hideous to witness, especially on trophy day.

19. Millerntor

Yes because it is largely irrelevant to the question posed. The main reason is as I said - fans can't be bothered. They can be bothered at most away games and even more so at Celtic Park on European nights. Are we under a different scrutiny, stewarding and/or police force and laws at those games?

20. gasrex

Yes, because I want to go to Champions League games.