1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Seeded for 2014/15 Champions league qualifiers

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by scomur1888, Apr 17, 2014.

Discuss Seeded for 2014/15 Champions league qualifiers in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. scomur1888

2. Sween

Interesting a team like basle can get automatic qualification yet we have to play 3 rounds. I can never get my head how the placing works

3. Creativecelt Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Current Team:Kyogo; Invincible Team: Brown; Seville Team: Larsson; Burns Team: McNamara
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Various
    I hope we get some easy draws.

4. Ciaran_67

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jan Venegoor of Hessilink
    I've worked out that unless we have a good season in Europe this year (i.e. loads of co-efficient points) then we will be unseeded for next season if things continue at the same projectory

5. Millerntor

Don't know how you can possibly work that out when you don't know who the champions of each country in the qualifiers will be. We will be ranked 62nd for next season and as things stand at the moment, ranked 54th for the 2015/16 season.

6. Pádraig Pearse

Fav Celtic Player:
    Charlie Tully
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Inter Milan
    Did we not already know this?

It'll be a total disgrace if we don't make it. Should be as simple as last year's route.

Lennon nearly * it up last year and he better make it this year.

7. scomur1888

Not to sure about that to be honest.The clubs that have more co-efficient points than us that still have to qualify for groups are from leagues that are more competitive than ours so they aren't stick ons to win their league titles.

Good example are Copenhagen,champions league regulars but currently 3rd in league so we skip above them as well as others like Victoria Plzen.

The co-officient points we accumulated in 2012/13 (half the points we have earned in last 5 seasons) stays will us until the 2017/18 season so all is good.

8. FinnMcCool1967

It’s ridiculous that we have to play three qualifiers despite featuring in the CL on a regular basis. Tottenham, who hadn’t played in the European Cup since the 60’s, only had to play one qualifying round a few seasons ago.

The club’s record should be taken into account, not the nations. If Everton finish fourth in the EPL they won’t have to play as many qualifiers as we do.
    <?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" /><o:p></o:p>
    <o:p></o:p>

9. Roy's Keane

Fav Celtic Player:
    Naka
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Four Leaf Clover
    The only total disgrace is your stance against NL before a ball is kicked.

Typical internet histrionics from talkceltic's very own Verucca Salt.

10. Cena Never Give Up Gold Member

Is it this year bt take over the tv deal

11. aliceinsound

To answer a couple of the above posts...

The english is the second highest ranked league in europe, therefore teams like everton who may not compete in europe everyear will probably be better than us, the system used is to reflect this.

We may think of ourselves as superior to teams like basel, but they and their respective league have outperformed us recently

it is crap that we have 3 qualifiers, but it simply reflects the quality of our league

12. scomur1888

No,I'm pretty sure it's starts on the 2015/16 season.

13. Daddybear29

Yeah it's 2015/16 and group stage is worth around £3m more I think.

14. Cena Never Give Up Gold Member

Ah wasn't sure

15. CanadianBhoy9

If we don't make the group stage i will be very disappointed. Unless we get a terrible draw, anything less than qualification is disappointing.

16. Pádraig Pearse

Fav Celtic Player:
    Charlie Tully
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Inter Milan
    My post was entirely factual.

The route to qualifying last year was * easy and Lennon was very lucky not to make a balls of it.

The route next year will be * easy again and it'll be a complete and utter disgrace is he * it up.

You come across as a * who is obsessed by my posts so either post a credible counter argument or fack aff.

Don't get yer Charlie and the chocolate factory reference either.

17. MacEoghainn

Oh yeah ... I forgot about this.

18. MacEoghainn

Remember that band?

19. Roy's Keane

Fav Celtic Player:
    Naka
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Four Leaf Clover
    Pure shocked I am by that :smiley-laughing002:

You come accross as a highly strung wee boy venting all over the forum at the latest "disgrace" so you can chuck your latest wee toys out the pram at the injustice of it all and you can continue yer silly wee crusade of the moment, be it decent huns, neil lennon or the absolute temerity of someone making an off the cuff comment about (gasp) food.

The World's Greatest Internet *, it's an absolute pleasure to get to share the same forum as you to be honest.

Mate, I've met a thousand people like you online and you're all the * same. Wee nyaffs who think a keyboard gives them some position of power and the right to attack who you want, when you want with impunity as there's no consequence.

Where does this feeling of entitlement come from? If celtic don't achieve this "* easy" cl qualification, then the whole forum will be treated to your wee veins popping out from your neck, while you find the words of bile to castigate the club, manager and players.

I blame the parents. Wind yer neck in and show a bit of humility for once in your life. You are fooling absolutely no one with you faux hysterics.

Ps I know a group of people who use the "obsessed" line when they dont like the message. Fud. :bbpd:

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 18, 2014
  20. MacEoghainn

Forget that saying.

Great saying.