1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

2015 General Election Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'TalkCeltic Pub' started by Ledleysleftfoot, Feb 21, 2014.

Discuss 2015 General Election Discussion Thread in the TalkCeltic Pub area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Wicker Bhoy

This election has been a * disaster. Great for the SNP yes, but a Tory government has taken the sheen off that for me.
    I do not understand people voting no and then voting SNP and landing us once again with a government the whole nation doesnt want and voting for the party they would have gotten had they voted yes in September. Truly baffeling and beyond disappointing and annoying. We've * ourselves all over again here because it looks like the Tory * will get a majority and the SNP voice will hold less sway. Total shambles of an election - ten steps forward but the road ahead is blocked.

2. Joe T

i am from Newcastle, so you can just imagine.............

fancy taking us with you in your next referendum?

3. Liam Scales Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony, YNWA, Grace
    Ah, unlucky mate :54:

4. Jeannie960 Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Daizen Maeda
    Hold your fire I don't think SNP will be as impotent as you think! The Tories know if they push against the will of the Scottish people too much it could mean the end of the Union. They wont want to foster the idea of us being the victims as that could backfire. Meanwhile SNP gets to do a wee bit of stirring....remember there will be times when they need our cooperation :icon_mrgreen:

5. TheHolyGoalie

Fav Celtic Player:
    Artur Boruc
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    Labour No voters must be feeling really * stupid now. Even if Labour had won every single seat in Scotland, the Tories would still have a majority government.

The only logical way forward is independence.

6. Murph-E

Despite despising gay people and the idea of them marrying or adopting as well as suggesting support for criminalising homosexuality, despising women (especially if they dare consider showing support for Choice), ouija boards, the Irish language and of course, the auld taigs, tens of thousands of people in this extremely small occupied state still came out to actively vote in support of the DUP. A party who, desperate to be "British", would be absolutely despised in mainland Britain. If you were to tell somebody from abroad about them, they would say you were exaggerating. There is nowhere else they would receive the percentage of support they receive here.

There will be change eventually, but evidently too many people here still resist it.

7. scootz

So it turns out that even had Scotland voted for Labour in every single constituency, then we would still have ended up with a Tory Govt that we had overwhelmingly rejected. Sound familiar?

And we would have had a Scottish Labour representation that was completely and utterly impotent as it would have towed it's Westminster masters party-line.

Todays was the best possible result for the Nationalists amongst us!

As it is, there will be short term pain as the Tories continue to * Scotland over as they've always done... but this will surely galvanise the campaign for independence.

Till the next referendum...

Happy day!

8. richardm

Fav Celtic Player:
    Mcgrain
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    The real mystery and depressing thing about this election is the fact more people in England are voting Tory despite a menu of austerity, the poor and disabled being * over, complicit in covering up paedophilia, zero hour contract being the norm and. I could go on and on, it's quite a disheartening thing to know so many people are being taken in by such policies and obvious lies.

I would like to think it can only be the awful state of the Labour Party that has contributed to this, I'd hate to think so many truly suppport what they stand for or maybe I am being truly naive.

If Labour are to recover they need to get a broom out and totally sweep away anything left from the Blair regime like Harmon, Straw etc, Ed Balls a known Bilderberger was a good start.

9. liammcdowell

Where the climate is raw and the gun makes the law
    Fav Celtic Player:
    KT63
    The silver lining here should be a rejuvenated Labour Party in the coming years although it is possible that they will move even further to the right to try to win back votes which would make matters worse. Their next leader will be interesting to see.

In a sense though this is the best result that Sturgeon could have wished for, she can now tell the Scottish people that they have voted in overwhelming numbers for the progressive option, and not just ended up with a Tory government, but a Tory majority who will be even worse than the last 5 years. The wheels are in motion for an EU referendum under the Tories, and I believe another independence referendum which this time will be voted through. The losers here are the working people of England who have nothing or no one to shield them from the Tories.

10. Joe T

11. Bangarangura

*, i canny even watch the television coverage, all the reporters and * at itv are thoroughly delighted

12. murphy88

I think fear from the media that the SNP could potentially form a coalition with Labour will have pushed a lot of people in England to vote for the Tories.

13. PaulM1888 Moderator Moderator Gold Member

It's almost as if billionaire Tories have control of every single media outlet that the proletariat obtain their information from.

14. greengrocer

Fav Celtic Player:
    Mjallby, Larsson, Lambert
    Would've welcomed Newcastle.....until they gave the world Geordie shore

15. Pinstripe

Never thought I'd see the day when Labour was all but wiped out in Scotland, I was a Labour voter in the past but now find it sad at what they have become, not many left wingers left in their ranks, if any. They've distanced themselves from the very principles that they were founded upon, to be the voice of the working class.
    They only have themselves to blame for loosing voters like myself who are now fully behind the cause of the SNP.

Next time......the YES will be louder.

1314 CSC.

16. greengrocer

Fav Celtic Player:
    Mjallby, Larsson, Lambert
    Here's a question.....will anyone stand against Cameron for leader of Tory party? Tories may have won but he seems to have lost a little respect from certain members of the party.
    None other than big BoJay himself.

17. Idioteque I’ll laugh until my head comes off

With labour now out of the running for the long term the UK is stuck with a SNP/Tory government for decades to become. droconian present and future

18. Joe T

haha, just take us and then we can vote independence from them at a latter date

19. Jeannie960 Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Daizen Maeda
    THE BLACK KNIGHT retweeted
    Scotsman ‏@TheScotsman 3h3 hours ago
    Scotland's new political landscape this morning. #GE2015 http://bit.ly/1KQKMn0

[​IMG]

20. Artorias

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson
    hee hee :icon_mrgreen: