1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Our Strike Force Next Season? Would you be Happy with This?

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by FinnyBhoy#7, Feb 13, 2014.

Discuss Our Strike Force Next Season? Would you be Happy with This? in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. FinnyBhoy#7

Tony Watt
    Stevie May
    Leigh Griffiths
    Amido Balde

With Atajic and Frijohnson either getting loaned out or making some apps here and there.

Stokes and Pukki will find themselves sold or out the squad altogether as they're not good enough.

I have always believed that a team should consist of 2 really good strikers and 2 decent enough strikers and in those 4 I believe we'd have that. I have seen enough of Balde to know that he would be useful against SPFL outfits, still unsure about Europe so he would get played mainly domestically. Tony Watt would be the main man for Europe, I think Stevie May would do well at that level also. I think Griffiths could step up at times if needed but as I said Balde would find himself on the bench in these games most likely.

I would then rotate these 4 players in the league with different partnerships and I think they would tear SPFL sides apart. In preperation for the zombies joining our league it would be good to see these 4 players together for a few years.

This is a REALISTIC strike force which is why I posted it as we already have 3 of those 4 players mentioned, May being the last piece in the jigsaw.

So my question to fellow Celtic fans is........

Would you be happy with this striker force next season?

2. pod

Not if we want to get into the CL I wouldn't be.

3. The Celtic Way

so whats to happen with stokes and pukki, if hes been no good with us who will buy him, look at whats just happened with bangura, dont get me wrong i dont think hes great but its not easy to shift these players who dont perform who are on good money

4. Jinky.

No, Stevie May isn't good enough. Griffiths is unproven, id be happy for Watt to come back and Balde to be given a chance to show what he can do.

Stokes is good enough. Pukki isn't a striker, but i think he could still do a job for us.

5. FinnyBhoy#7

We got into the CL with what we had this year though, those players would be more than good enough imo to get us CL Group stage football. No doubt in my mind about it.

6. FinnyBhoy#7

You've lost me here?

7. FinnyBhoy#7

They rot on the bench or in the reserves and we just suck it up and get on with it that we've lost money on these players.

8. Gabriel Beidh an lá linn Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Raphael Scheidt
    All of Europe will be quaking in their boots at the thought of having to face such a lethal strike force.

9. Jinky.

Stokes is a better footballer than Stevie May.

10. FinnyBhoy#7

How can you even say that? You've obviously not watched him play then because he is.

Reserve your judgement until after Sunday when we will see him at CP.

11. TheHappyLoss

Is this a * wind up :97:

12. FinnyBhoy#7

Telling you that strike force would do very well in Europe, we're not competing to win it ffs. Those players would be capable of getting goals at that level I've no doubt about that as I've said.
    :smiley-laughing002::smiley-laughing002::smiley-laughing002:

13. FinnyBhoy#7

Nope, we have to realise where we are with the league we play in and our budget and how hard it is to attract the top players.

We're not going to sign a Luis Suarez or Benteke we need to accpet that.

14. Jinky.

I watched him play last time we played them up in Perth funnily enough. Had a shocker that day and was ineffective against us. Last time i watched him play was in the semi final of the league cup at Tynecastle, where he was anonymous. If he can't cut it against the two best teams in the SPFL what makes you think he can do it against a higher standard of opposition in the CL?

15. Higgie

Depends what formation. It'll probably be Stokes and Griffiths with Watt weighing in now and again.

16. FinnyBhoy#7

Have to remember the team he is playing for though, ffs we just got beat off Aberdeen ourselves and Stokes was practically anonymous against them bar his goal also.

See how he does on Sunday, I actually think he'll score one or two.

17. Gabriel Beidh an lá linn Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Raphael Scheidt
    Each to their own but I am a long way from being convinced especially when Watt would have the most Euro experience.

18. FinnyBhoy#7

Even although Watt is a better striker than Stokes?

19. FinnyBhoy#7

Who are we going to sign though with Euro experience?

Those days are gone, we have to sign young talent and hope they can step up. I believe these players I've mentioned can.

20. Jinky.

You garanteed he would sign for us in the January window.

So ill take your opinion with a pinch of salt.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.