1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

The unwinnable war on drugs.

Discussion in 'TalkCeltic Pub' started by angusceltic67, Feb 5, 2014.

Discuss The unwinnable war on drugs. in the TalkCeltic Pub area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. smithy18

Maybe but part of the reason he is a successful musician is through his drug use. if he wasn't getting good gear he'd be dead by not regulating drugs we cause far more deaths than if drugs were regulated it seems like an obvious decision to me not only do you save money and actually make money that can be invested in rehab programmes that actually work but you would also save more lifes

2. angusceltic67

I dont know what you mean?

I said already people with a heroin problem should be given help at clinics.

3. ILoveTheCeltic

Fav Celtic Player:
    Kieran Tierney
    There are probably several thousand "functional" heroin users worldwide, people who just use small amounts to get the buzz or whatever it's like but not enough to be lying out their * barely able to speak.

Probably quite a lot of famous people like that actor who died the other day, people like Pete Doherty, Amy Winehouse, lots we dont know and a lot of just normal people going about their business who are addicted to the feeling. Theres a long history of musicians using heroin - probably helps them relax before going on stage infront of thousands which I can imagine is nerve racking no matter how many times you've done it.

4. Dáibhí

What about the effects on society though? If these addicts are able to come into special centres to get their fix, what do they do when they leave? Where do they go then?

Back out into the street, where they'll be walking around out of their heads on drugs.

5. GazF1888

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jonathan Gould
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Bella Ciao
    [​IMG]

There's zero evidence of Cannabis causing any mental illness, there is evidence it greatly helps with anxiety, pain, insomnia, nausea (for Cancer patients), depression amongst other advantages though. I'm talking about Medical Marijuana, not some * that's grown in a ned's loft. The quality you get in the dispensarys in California blows 90% of UK weed apart, proper Medical-Grade, not some damp pish here which gets called Cheese. :smiley-laughing002:

Imagine if Alcohol was illegal and the horror-stories the government would come up with? The drug that kills 9,000 a year in this country is continually championed while a natural herb (which has never killed anyone in 6,000 years of use and never will) with proven benefits (of which alcohol has none) is a Class B drug. It really is * staggering.

I can't stand people who drink and yet look at someone who smokes Cannabis as some sort of junkie because the government have convinced them Legal = Fine & Dandy & Illegal = Junkies, the propaganda has worked a treat to be fair. Class B? Oh *, that must give you a mental illness or something? :56: In reality, Cannabis is helping millions of people around the world. The legality of Cannabis is constantly changing in it's favour across the world, with Uruguay being the latest country to legalise it in December. I think it's as much as 20 States which have decriminalised/legalised it now? They're thriving both socially & financially, not building mental institutions. :56: Buying Marijuana should be looked at the same as buying a 6 pack of Beer, but it's okay to drink your drug.............

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 5, 2014
  6. smithy18

I couldnt tell you how it would work but going by common sense you would stay in the centre until you sober up

7. smithy18

There's been the first 2 reported deaths ever of cannabis overdose both in Bournemouth and both in a week :56:

8. The Prof Administrator Administrator

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jinky
  9. GazF1888

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jonathan Gould
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Bella Ciao
    First I'v heard of that story and without looking into it I can guarantee Cannabis wasn't the cause of death.

Have you got a link mate?

10. smithy18

11. smithy18

One has already been confirmed here's the link to the second
    http://www.bournemouthecho.co.uk/ne...xide_poisoning__inquest_hears/?action=success
    Right enough I don't know how you can die from 2 things. Got to laugh at the propaganda that's getting thrown about in this country about cannabis

12. GMS

One of the players that played in the Super Bowl had a toke at half time to calm his nerves - quality.

Imagine Ambrose on coke, he'd be everywhere :56:

13. smithy18

Well it was billed as the pot bowl only right one of the players had a hit

14. The Prof Administrator Administrator

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jinky

Totally agree with everything you've said :50:

15. GazF1888

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jonathan Gould
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Bella Ciao
    What biased * that article is. The guy died of Carbon Monoxide poisoning, * all to do with Cannabis.

Cannabis poisoning cited for the other death? * is that? :smiley-laughing002: :smiley-laughing002: I call bullshit again, she would have died of natural causes no doubt. Or the weed was laced with something.

16. twoeyedbob

Ok 'serious' is probably too strong a word
    But 2 of my mates,only smoke weed and have a major problem keeping a grip on reality on occasion (stoned or not)...
    Yes they probably did/do have underlying issues..
    But i'd imagine a substanial amount of people do.

Anyway i wasnt having a go as i'm a long term toker myself..
    Just making the point that almost all drugs can be abused to the point of harm to some extent or another..

17. smithy18

They found a cocktail of anti depressant drugs in her system but I'm sure that didn't have anything to do with it

18. ILoveTheCeltic

Fav Celtic Player:
    Kieran Tierney
    I think a lot of NBA basketball players smoke, they didnt used to test them for it, then did and now I think they dont again as probably half the players smoke so they'd be fining and banning everycunt lol

19. GazF1888

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jonathan Gould
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Bella Ciao
    Since it's pretty much legal in 40% of States I'm sure they don't give a * anymore? :smiley-laughing002:

20. ILoveTheCeltic

Fav Celtic Player:
    Kieran Tierney
    I actually could see how someone could die because of cannabis, if they put a lot in a cookie and then ate it and when the effects hit them they might commit suicide just from the panic of thinking they are dying or something but thats really the only way.

I have only once got that high from eating that I thought I was dying but it only lasted a couple of hours and I never made the cookie so didnt know much was in it. I now only eat cookies that I know much is in it.