1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

[PS3] New Game!

Discussion in 'Computers and Gaming' started by Sonny7, Feb 3, 2014.

Discuss New Game! in the Computers and Gaming area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. seantkd

Mass Effect is a great series but it's also a bit of an rpg so it might take a while to get through them. Uncharted is from the same folk as the last of us and is action based. Both amazing so I would go for uncharted first as you could probably do them faster then go for Mass effect. If you have ps plus uncharted 3 is free on that as well.

2. Jamesy Bhoy 7

Fav Celtic Player:
    Kayal
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Youll Never Walk Alone/ Fields of Athenry
    If your into story driven games and have the free time i'd probably with mass effect, its similar to the walking dead as it has a dialogue wheel and you choose what your character has to say plus every major decision you make carrys over into the following game, mass effect 1 is strictly an rpg so the gameplay is * but the story is fantastic, ME2 and 3 are more action/rpgs and the gameplay and graphics are a massive improvement over me1. Each mass effect game can be roughly 40 to 50+ hours to beat depending on the dlc you play so if youve got the time then go for it but if your playing casually id go with uncharted although you would probably get sick of uncharted if you played through them one after the other.

3. Sonny7

Cheers for the good input lads:50: A dwelled on it for a bit then decided to start Mass Effect 1. Only played about two hours game play of it so far but it's quality. The story is superb and the dialogue is huge, so many options when talking to people/aliens.

4. Sonny7

Bought these 10 games for £30 today.

Saints Row 4
    COD Black Ops 2
    Uncharted 3 Game Of The Year Edition
    Sleeping Dogs
    Medal Of Honour
    Dead Island Game Of The Year Edition
    Red Dead Redemption Game Of The Year Edition(includes Undead Nightmare)
    Battlefield 3
    Sniper Ghost Warrior 2
    GTA 5

Already my own GTA 5 so sold this one for £20 tonight. So got the 9 games for a tenner:party048:

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: May 29, 2014
  5. Sonny7

Last edited by a moderator: May 29, 2014
  6. Officer Doofy Come to me, human man Gold Member

Just bought Mass Effect 2 on Amazon, hopefully be here by Tuesday.

Always fancied playing the series as they're really highly rated but the combat looked poor at first. Been watching gameplay videos and I'm starting to come round to it. Can't wait to play it.

Gutted I missed the offer on Mass Effect 1 on PS plus.

7. Sonny7

A have 2 & 3 but no played them yet. Bought the first one at reduced price on PSN for £6 but think it's back up to £12 or something.

No played it since the World Cup started and only played an hour & half of it. A bit dated but the story is excellent. Will go back to it.

Let me know what you think of Mass Effect 2.

8. Officer Doofy Come to me, human man Gold Member

Watched a summary of the first game on Youtube last night to get a hang of the story.

Aye I'll post my thoughts in here. Been looking for new games to play, just about completed TLOU for a second time. Quite fancy Bioshock.

9. CeltBhoy93

You'll love them i was the same until my mate convinced me to play them a few years back. Even with the bad points the trilogy has it's still one of the best story's in gaming history,played them again a few months ago and whilst 1 is very dated 2 and 3 still hold up really well. If you missed ME1 make sure you go on Youtube and watch the conversation with Vigil on Ilos as it's the best moment in the entire series imo.

10. Sonny7

A bought TLOU for £20 2 weeks ago as a was choking to play it again. So completed it 3 times new. Really is awesome.

Although this Mass Effect talk is making me in the mood to go and put it on:smiley-laughing002:

11. Officer Doofy Come to me, human man Gold Member

Not sure anything can ever top TLOU in terms of single player, it's perfect.

Just completed the winter section in it, probably my favourite part of the game.

12. Sonny7

Yep agree. It'll take a really really special game to top TLOU. Favourite game of all time.

Fallout 3, Red Dead Redemption, GTA 5, and the latest Tomb Raider were favourites of mines as well.

13. Officer Doofy Come to me, human man Gold Member

:50:

Phenomenal games. Really looking forward to the Tomb Raider sequel, should be fantastic.

14. Peej Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Thom
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let The People Sing
    Nearing the end of FFX - not played much since WC, but been tempted for awhile now to restart Red Dead as well.
    May be a shout to start it up this evening.

15. AJ Styles Moussa Dembele's eyes Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Sinclair
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields of Athenry
    Was back playing LA Noire today and the guy in the game doesn't half remind me of Kris Commons

[​IMG]

16. Sonny7

Aye same, when is that due out, is it next year?

A have that, had it for months not got round to playing it yet.

17. Officer Doofy Come to me, human man Gold Member

Aye next year:50:

18. Jimmy_GR

Tlou is the best game I've ever played, words can't describe the epicness of the game.

LA Noire is a good game, I've got the platinum trophy recently

19. Moustache

Mass Effect 1 & 2 are really great games. The former is probably better in the story department (the Ilos conversation that CeltBhoy mentioned is one of my favourite moments from the last gen), but Mass Effect 2 was certainly an amazing game in its own right.

Mass Effect 3 however is genuinely one of the most disappointing games I've ever played. I've never seen a game trivialise choices, and destroy character progression (and just characters in general) so casually as Mass Effect 3. They're are some redeeming parts (the Tuchanka arc was really well done) but it really was a poor ending to an otherwise great series.

L.A. Noire is coincidentally enough, another of my most disappointing games. It had some alright ideas but it was far too repetitive, and the story was fairly poor imo.

I was wondering, would it be worth making a general chat sort of thread for this section? It might be worth having a thread where we could discuss stuff like this, along with general gaming news.

20. Officer Doofy Come to me, human man Gold Member

Aye that sounds like a great idea:50: