1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

England vs Afghanistan - Positive Move Or Crass Publicity stunt?

Discussion in 'TalkCeltic Pub' started by Dáibhí, Dec 17, 2013.

Discuss England vs Afghanistan - Positive Move Or Crass Publicity stunt? in the TalkCeltic Pub area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. MairtinH2

Fav Celtic Player:
    Samaras
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA
  2. The Lone Ranger

3. Drakhan Nac Mac Feegle Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jimmy McGrory
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    Saying you are rational going out to defend your freedoms by murdering innocent civilians, especially when it's on behalf of greedy politicians/businessmen. Does that sound rational.
    The only rational thing about you CelticJorge is that you are a Celtic supporter.
    Starting to doubt that too.
    If you were patriotic abut your country then why don't you protest about the way your veterans are treated. You know. The ones that got their * handed to them by the Vietcong.
    The way your oh so patriotic people treated those particular war veterans is shameful.
    All this * about winning the war on terror. What horseshit.
    You will never win in Afghanistan. Your soldiers will just keep getting blown up.
    As for being in the SAFEST part of the military. That would be the 'intelligence' people.
    That's a joke in itself.
    They get their own people killed all the time because of their 'intelligence'.
    The safest part of the military is being a recruiter bringing 'patriotic' people like you into the fold and making them into jarheads/ cannon fodder.

4. trip2themoon Concomitant Allez-Vous?

Fav Celtic Player:
    Peter Grant
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Boys of the Old Brigade
    I wonder if Jorge has read Confessions Of An Economic Hitman? Truly heartbreaking stuff. Where's the 'humanitarianism' in kicking rainforest tribes out of their homes so you can drill for oil?

5. Drakhan Nac Mac Feegle Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jimmy McGrory
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    Your assuming a lot if you think he reads a book with more words than his name, in the title.

6. MairtinH2

Fav Celtic Player:
    Samaras
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA
    Must take note of this book :50:
    A good read?

7. Drakhan Nac Mac Feegle Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jimmy McGrory
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    [​IMG]

And a link showing US Soldiers that have been punished for various crimes against detainees.

[ame="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bagram_torture_and_prisoner_abuse"]Bagram torture and prisoner abuse - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia[/ame]

Really * patriotic, ain't it.
    Join the military see the world. The bonus is you can carry out all your sadistic whims on prisoners and will mostly get away with it.

8. MairtinH2

Fav Celtic Player:
    Samaras
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA
    Two spectacular posts, somebody is on fire tonight! :50: :smiley-laughing002:

9. Drakhan Nac Mac Feegle Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jimmy McGrory
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    :icon_mrgreen:

10. trip2themoon Concomitant Allez-Vous?

Fav Celtic Player:
    Peter Grant
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Boys of the Old Brigade
    I finished it in a couple of days, it's really sad though, especially the stuff about South America and how good presidents were killed off and replaced with dictators. PM me your email address if you'd like a copy.

11. MairtinH2

Fav Celtic Player:
    Samaras
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA
    Thank you, good sir :50:

12. Celtic_Jorge

We had the VC almost completely eradicated in the South. We lost that war at home, not in Vietnam.

It was the NVA that came in and took the South after we pulled out, not the VC. They were all that was left. And thats only because of all of the support they got from China and the Soviet Union.

Anyways. I joined the Navy. I'm considered in the DEP - which is part of the reserves. I have to go to DEP meetings once a week until I ship out to the Chicago area for two months of training in March. That is when I go full active duty.

I didn't want to give out too much information on myself online but I think its ok if some tims know the basics. And I do read books. I am a very avid reader of Ron Paul's books and Stephen King. More into horror and science fiction than I am politics, though, I will have to admit.

Anyways, I stand by what I said, our military is a good one, and full of good people. I'm proud of them, and I am glad about the decision I made. It will turn out to be a good one for me and my family.

And just so I don't get into any trouble, none of what I said here represents the views of the United States Military or the Navy. I do not say anything as a representative of the Armed Forces. These are my own personal views. :50:

13. 31B404 Gold Member Gold Member

Ah *, that explains it :56:

14. Drakhan Nac Mac Feegle Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jimmy McGrory
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    In your reply you didn't say anything about my comment regarding your 'patriotic' peoples treatment of the Vietnam veterans.

15. Samaras13

Fav Celtic Player:
    Samaras
    Fav Celtic Song:
    LTPS
    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=92oza2iia7E"]George Galloway vs Ignorant American - YouTube[/ame]

16. trip2themoon Concomitant Allez-Vous?

Fav Celtic Player:
    Peter Grant
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Boys of the Old Brigade
    The Oriental countries will actually give you lot a fight, First you lost the Korean war and then in 'Nam, is that why America only goes for safe targets these days? Why not go after a real threat to the world like North Korea and do the whole world a favour? Is it because they will hit you back and there's no real profit in it?

17. marks67

Publicity stunt

18. Celtic_Jorge

We left without North Korea and China completely overrunning the South, so although it wasn't a complete victory, we didn't LOSE the war, either.

That was part of our essential mission there was to protect the Republic of Korea.

Anyhow, I don't even believe that the United States should go around picking fights, either. I don't think we should per-emptively strike North Korea. They haven't done anything aggressive towards us in decades and I think the best option is always diplomacy. That is what the founding fathers believed in - diplomacy first. Same thing goes for Iran - and I am glad we are giving diplomacy a chance there.

And on the Vietnam vets - things have gone a LONG way for them since the 1970s in this country. We have great VA hospitals now for them, we have the USO, the Wounded Warriors Project, a lot of great charities. Its not the same. I agree that they should have been given more of a heroes welcome. But that was largely due to public opinion about the war. It was because of the anti-war folk, the way they were treated, in my opinion.

19. MairtinH2

Fav Celtic Player:
    Samaras
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA
    So ... ran away before the Americans could be technically deemed defeated? :56:

As for war vets relying on charity, that is an absolute disgrace the government should be looking after these people, after all haven't they gave their lives for the country and it's government. Give all for your country but expect * all in return.

20. Celtic_Jorge

We never "ran away" from Korea. We signed an Armistice. Our Army is still there defending the south in one of the largest US Military outposts in the world. My recruiter was stationed there for a long time and met his wife there.

And forgive me if I have no sympathies for communist Vietnamese. Half of wife's family is from Vietnam and they had to escape on boats to avoid being executed. You'll find no sympathy for commies from me.