1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Zurawski Ready For Season

Discussion in 'TalkCeltic News' started by Renegade T, Jul 23, 2007.

By Renegade T on Jul 23, 2007 at 6:13 PM
  1. Renegade T

Fav Celtic Player:
    Diego Samaradona
    ZURAWSKI today assured The Celtic faithfull that his heart is still very much in firing home goals

"I am not thinking about changing clubs now.

"I have a contract which has one more year to run then another year's option.

"I am thinking only about playing to the best of my ability. But, after another year, we will be thinking about my future."

"I know about Chicago Fire's interest only from what I read in the newspapers and the internet, not from the manager or anyone else. I don't think there is any truth in this. And I'm not going to Chicago this weekend to try and convince them to sign me."

He has not sat down with the manager to try and establish why last season was a pale imitation of the one which had gone before, in which he finished joint-top scorer

"I don't need to because what happened last season was down to one problem - my preparation," he said.

"It was very different because of the World Cup last summer. I only managed to train for about nine days before the season.

"This time, I have been able to report back with the rest of the players, and I feel better for it.

"It is important for me to have a good pre-season because I want to have a good season. And the competition is tough, with the arrival of Scott McDonald and Chris Killen.

"But every year players come to Celtic to make the squad stronger. That is good because the season is very long.

"And with the league, cups and Champions League, we need a lot of players because sometimes we can get tired and we need to have a large squad of good players to cope."

"Starting games is important to me, just as it for everyone here.

"Injuries meant I only managed half a season last year, and not playing regularly is not good for my game.

"My first season was very good for me and I was then very disappointed with what happened to me last season.

"I scored 20 goals the first year and 10 last time. I know that was not much in the second year.

"But, considering how many games I played, I don't think it was a very bad season.

"I should do better this season. I'd like to get 20 goals again, if I play.

"But, with Scott and Kris coming in during the summer, we have even more strikers now and all of us want to play and to score goals for the team.

"If I play, I think that with a good preparation, I will score goals again.

"I still have confidence I can score goals for Celtic, and I am hungry to play and to do this."

:shamrock: